Random factory resets

Guest Gnaver

Guest notcosi

This happening to me also - now every 2 or 3 days. Randomly rebooting then sticking at reboot screen. I am going to return phone tomorrow. I have no idea why it is doing it. I do not play games on it.

Guest Gnaver

Service told me that this is caused by faulty motherboard and someone on Modaco said that HUAWEI stated that they know about this and if some1 have this problem they have to change the phone for a new one

the amount of faults coming to light about the phone is actually a little worrying for me

what do others think?

Yeah I am a little concerned too,but as yet I have not had a single problem.I think it is as I said before,faulty batches,otherwise everyone would be having problems whereas the majority have no problems like me(touch wood :unsure: )

Edited by Guest

Guest Smiff2

QC problems.

most problems with this phone, like most tech, are software

software faults:

low volume (fixed by update)

button sensitivity (fixed by update)

potterunlock (not fixed, disable/remove)

annoying messages all over the place

hardware faults:

random resets

mobile reception (?)

screen bubble

any others?

Edited by Smiff2

Guest Davidoff59

returned my first phone due to phone would not unlock, also buttons stopped lighting up. 2nd phone is fine. The phone is only fresh out of the factory so problems may grow as we get past six months.

Guest Gnaver

Is here anybody who had problem with factory resets on B884 or B885 and then after update to B886 or 888 this problems are gone? I just want to know if update will help :)

Guest Gnaver

Im just asking because a friend of mine have this problem too and after flashing B886 he is clean for a month now...

EDIT: and i wont flash because i just waiting if it happen again (just got it from service). If yes ill go there and want my money back. Im think about Huawei Vision (i know, same manufacturer and same specs but Vision have newer components inside and the phone completely is more thought out and not from plastic)

Edited by Gnaver

Guest Davidoff59

Is it wiping apps or resetting the device back to stock? If so its a hardware issue most likely, if not it could be a faulty app causing issues.

Guest Gnaver

Completely to state as like when you fist switch it on...after update to B885 it also wiped preinstalled Vodafone apps which were system (im not rooted), so it also formated the system partition

Guest Pia23

OMG this has just happened to me. I'm soooooooo annoyed, i've spent two days getting the phone how i want it and in the space of 30 seconds it is back to factory.

I also spent money on an unlock code which will be wasted if i have to get a replacement. :angry: :angry: :angry:

I tried to open my Quidco app and it wouldn't open, just gave me force close message. Next thing i know the phone is off, so i took the battery out and on reboot it had wiped.

Guest Davidoff59

Pia, if you get a replacement, request an unlock code free of charge. Many have got free unlocks off vodafone including myself.

Guest Rico_89

Pia, if you get a replacement, request an unlock code free of charge. Many have got free unlocks off vodafone including myself.

Thanks for that info :)

I had a similar problem which I posted about here http://www.modaco.co...ps-disappeared/ but this thread is a better source of info for others.

I have only had one crash and lost the vodafone apps, my Micro SD was not touched and I was able to retrieve all the info on it. However if I'm reading things right then the partition, that holds the voda gear, that was affected by the random reset, has been lost or deleted which doesn't sound good at all so I'll try to stress it out today and see if I can induce a factory reset.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest Pia23

Thanks for that, i ordered online so do you know if i could take it into the actual shop for a replacement? Or if not, how would i request an unlock code?

On another note, does anyone know of an app or way to backup the home screen/ settings/layout/widgets so it can be restored to how i had it?! Or maybe even a 1-click methold of restoring everything to how it was?

Guest fr0do
Thanks for that, i ordered online so do you know if i could take it into the actual shop for a replacement? Or if not, how would i request an unlock code?

On another note, does anyone know of an app or way to backup the home screen/ settings/layout/widgets so it can be restored to how i had it?! Or maybe even a 1-click methold of restoring everything to how it was?

Vodafone told me I couldn't return to a shop having bought online.

Titanium backup is as easy as it gets I think. Most launchers have a backup function too.

Edited by fr0do

Guest feckineejit

QC problems.

most problems with this phone, like most tech, are software

software faults:

low volume (fixed by update)

button sensitivity (fixed by update)

potterunlock (not fixed, disable/remove)

annoying messages all over the place

hardware faults:

random resets

mobile reception (?)

screen bubble

any others?

Mic sound is low.