• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

BLaZiNgSPEED

BLaZiNgSPEED

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
I've got those settings even on B885. I turned off increasing ringtone since it starts off with low volume. Turning that option off should mean that by default your ringtone should be constantly loud. If not, then it means that the ROM didn't fix it.

In my case like I said it's very loud. Once that's done you should use the side buttons to the top left and increase ring tone volume to the max! Then see if it fixes your volume.

SolitaryCZ

SolitaryCZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Well, that screenshot says it all.... hm, so what's the move here? Should I install B885 or B886 over that customed ROM and then install Gr1 B888 back? Would that fix it or does the ROM rewrite everything? I don't want to install stock B888 for obvious reasons. Maybe just extracting some packages from B885 could solve the problem?

FrownBreaker

FrownBreaker

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Devices:R1

Well, that screenshot says it all.... hm, so what's the move here? Should I install B885 or B886 over that customed ROM and then install Gr1 B888 back? Would that fix it or does the ROM rewrite everything? I don't want to install stock B888 for obvious reasons. Maybe just extracting some packages from B885 could solve the problem?

A chap at work had the same low vol problem he went from stock to DUO888. I've asked him to flash 885 and then report back.
Very odd, thought may be pilot error he was complaining the phone kept going into camera mode on unlock - I pointed out it was a non stock unlock and the swipe to unlock had direct function selection!

Edited by FrownBreaker, 25 May 2012 - 09:02 PM.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200
That's a point. If anyone has flashed Paul's B888 it WILL NOT fix your low volume issue. You need to update to official B885 first or flash the official B884 6 or 8. Then flash Paul's rom.

SolitaryCZ

SolitaryCZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I did apply stock B886 and that made sound feature available, after that I just installed Paul's B888 again. Awesome, thank you all...

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
That's good news ha ha. I suppose Paul should put a warning saying his rom will not fix the volume issue. Ill be honest I thought this was obvious but maybe not to everyone.

Just to clarify. To fix the volume issue from stock rom just use built in software update to B885. Otherwise flash official B884, B886 or B888 before flashing any custom roms. Or you will not get sound fixed.

hyperfighting

hyperfighting

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:blade
I couldnt figure out why even with Pauls B888 rom I had the low speaker volume issue. So backed up in cwm and flashed original b888 then cwm restored my backup. Can happily report speaker volume is much higher now. Thanks for the tip frankish !

RussellS

RussellS

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Devices:Blade, Huawei G300, Jiayu G3

Ill be honest I thought this was obvious but maybe not to everyone.

Certainly wasn't obvious to me. I assumed that being a modified B888 then it would have had the sound fix.

You learn something new every day.

SolitaryCZ

SolitaryCZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Frankish: It really isn't that obvious :) it did fix the buttons, so it's safe to say that one can expect it will fix the sound issues as well, being it the newest build. But I am Android noob, so what do I know :D I was avoiding smartphones for some time, but finally decided to dip into app developing for Android for real, so I bought this (expecting some problems, as it is cheap china). Before that I did little developing under emulator, but that is just awful.

dbaseii

dbaseii

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Devices:POV Mobii 10.1
  • Twitter:@dbase
So should I backup my apps then flash the B888 rom again?

BLaZiNgSPEED

BLaZiNgSPEED

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
@Frankish: You're forgetting that the B884 does not fix the volume issue. ;)
So if anyone flashes B884 they will not see the volume issue fixed. It's the B885 ROM that fixes the volume issue.
So B885 or B886 needs to be applied first before applying Paul's custom B888 ROM.

FrownBreaker

FrownBreaker

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
My mate got his volume fix with 885 stock has to re apply clockwork and then duo room applied.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

@Frankish: You're forgetting that the B884 does not fix the volume issue. ;)
So if anyone flashes B884 they will not see the volume issue fixed. It's the B885 ROM that fixes the volume issue.
So B885 or B886 needs to be applied first before applying Paul's custom B888 ROM.

Pretty sure B884 and B886 were the first stock roms uncovered and they both fixed the volume issue. Only build B882 had the volume issue. Feel free to correct me anyone but read back on the forums first :)

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD

found b884 and b886

Do these revert back to Original factory roms but with the sound fixed?

according to reports, yes

Edited by jikobutsu, 27 May 2012 - 09:08 AM.

FrownBreaker

FrownBreaker

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
My mate got his volume fix with 885 stock has to re apply clockwork and then duo room applied.

BLaZiNgSPEED

BLaZiNgSPEED

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Pretty sure B884 and B886 were the first stock roms uncovered and they both fixed the volume issue. Only build B882 had the volume issue. Feel free to correct me anyone but read back on the forums first :)

B884 doesn't fix it. Because I remember having B884 stock ROM when I bought it from vodafone and I experienced the low volume issue.
When I went to About phone and went to Online Upgrade. Then Firmware upgrade. It said Asura_Vodafone update B885. Then in the description it said. "This update fixes the low volume issue."

Immediately upon updating that the volume was loud after the restart.

SolitaryCZ

SolitaryCZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I bought it with B884 too, so I must agree with BLaZiNgSPEED... then I installed Paul's B888 and the rest is history of this thread.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,637 posts
Roms higher than B885 update other things in the phone such as baseband. It's these updates that will fix the volume issue which is why pauls rom doesn't work for people coming straight from stock. You need to update with an official rom first before using a custom rom or you will still have the various bugs.

zzmusam

zzmusam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I went straight from the 882 ROM to Kiri R1 rom which is based on Paul's 888, as others have encountered the sound volume still exists.

I'm looking to go back to 886 stock rom and then upgrade back to Kiri. I have Clockwork installed, what is the best way of going back to the stock rom? I have tried to do the upgrade via the software upgrade mode but just get a pink screen. Can I flash the stock rom via Clockwork?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
B886 isn't a stock rom, B885 is.

B886 and B888 are leaked roms.

See if anything here is of any use to you.
www.modaco.com/topic/353532-stock-roms-for-huawei-u8815ascend-g300-for-clockworkmod-recovery/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users