low volume still!

Guest SWIM

Guest Frankish

That's good news ha ha. I suppose Paul should put a warning saying his rom will not fix the volume issue. Ill be honest I thought this was obvious but maybe not to everyone.

Just to clarify. To fix the volume issue from stock rom just use built in software update to B885. Otherwise flash official B884, B886 or B888 before flashing any custom roms. Or you will not get sound fixed.

Guest hyperfighting

I couldnt figure out why even with Pauls B888 rom I had the low speaker volume issue. So backed up in cwm and flashed original b888 then cwm restored my backup. Can happily report speaker volume is much higher now. Thanks for the tip frankish !

Guest RussellS
Ill be honest I thought this was obvious but maybe not to everyone.

Certainly wasn't obvious to me. I assumed that being a modified B888 then it would have had the sound fix.

You learn something new every day.

Guest SolitaryCZ

Frankish: It really isn't that obvious :) it did fix the buttons, so it's safe to say that one can expect it will fix the sound issues as well, being it the newest build. But I am Android noob, so what do I know :D I was avoiding smartphones for some time, but finally decided to dip into app developing for Android for real, so I bought this (expecting some problems, as it is cheap china). Before that I did little developing under emulator, but that is just awful.

Guest BLaZiNgSPEED

@Frankish: You're forgetting that the B884 does not fix the volume issue. ;)

So if anyone flashes B884 they will not see the volume issue fixed. It's the B885 ROM that fixes the volume issue.

So B885 or B886 needs to be applied first before applying Paul's custom B888 ROM.

Guest Frankish
@Frankish: You're forgetting that the B884 does not fix the volume issue. ;)

So if anyone flashes B884 they will not see the volume issue fixed. It's the B885 ROM that fixes the volume issue.

So B885 or B886 needs to be applied first before applying Paul's custom B888 ROM.

Pretty sure B884 and B886 were the first stock roms uncovered and they both fixed the volume issue. Only build B882 had the volume issue. Feel free to correct me anyone but read back on the forums first :)

found b884 and b886

Do these revert back to Original factory roms but with the sound fixed?

according to reports, yes

Edited by Guest

Guest BLaZiNgSPEED

Pretty sure B884 and B886 were the first stock roms uncovered and they both fixed the volume issue. Only build B882 had the volume issue. Feel free to correct me anyone but read back on the forums first :)

B884 doesn't fix it. Because I remember having B884 stock ROM when I bought it from vodafone and I experienced the low volume issue.

When I went to About phone and went to Online Upgrade. Then Firmware upgrade. It said Asura_Vodafone update B885. Then in the description it said. "This update fixes the low volume issue."

Immediately upon updating that the volume was loud after the restart.

Guest SolitaryCZ

I bought it with B884 too, so I must agree with BLaZiNgSPEED... then I installed Paul's B888 and the rest is history of this thread.

Guest Simon O

Roms higher than B885 update other things in the phone such as baseband. It's these updates that will fix the volume issue which is why pauls rom doesn't work for people coming straight from stock. You need to update with an official rom first before using a custom rom or you will still have the various bugs.

Guest zzmusam

I went straight from the 882 ROM to Kiri R1 rom which is based on Paul's 888, as others have encountered the sound volume still exists.

I'm looking to go back to 886 stock rom and then upgrade back to Kiri. I have Clockwork installed, what is the best way of going back to the stock rom? I have tried to do the upgrade via the software upgrade mode but just get a pink screen. Can I flash the stock rom via Clockwork?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Davidoff59

B886 isn't a stock rom, B885 is.

B886 and B888 are leaked roms.

See if anything here is of any use to you.

www.modaco.com/topic/353532-stock-roms-for-huawei-u8815ascend-g300-for-clockworkmod-recovery/

Guest Frankish

Just to prove I'm not talking crap...

Interesting' date=' I intsalled the B884 update, which fixed the voume[/quote']

Just don't like people saying I'm wrong without backing it up. Especially when I know what I've read. Plus I think I may have installed B884 first too.

Edit: Sorry If that seems really defensive, it comes across that way reading it back. And I am aware of the strange issue where the Voda B884 build was still quiet versus stock B884 which fixed it!

Edited by Frankish

Guest BLaZiNgSPEED

I would like to see from where you are quoting that from! You just wrote that as a quote without any evidence. I would like the original poster that mentioned that. As clicking on that quote doesn't bring back to who originally posted that.

Even flibblesan mentioned that ROMS higher than B885 are the ones that fix the volume issue.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/353974-low-volume-issue-officially-fixed-via-ota-update/

Here's a thread I also found. Low volume issue officially fixed via over the air update. That update is B885 and not B884.

Here's to quote from Huawei Device UK facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/huaweideviceuk?ref=ts

An over the air (OTA) update B885 is now available that fixes the low volume issues. The update is 14MB in size and takes about 2 minutes to install.

Update process:

1. Open settings

2. Scroll down to 'About phone'

3. Choose 'Online upgrade'

4. Choose 'Firmware upgrade'

This will download the update and it can be installed immediately or at a later date.

We don't want those with the low volume issue to update with B884 and then update to the custom B888 ROM and then complain on the forums that it still hasn't fixed their low volume issue!

Guest Frankish
I would like to see from where you are quoting that from! You just wrote that as a quote without any evidence. I would like the original poster that mentioned that. As clicking on that quote doesn't bring back to who originally posted that.

Even flibblesan mentioned that ROMS higher than B885 are the ones that fix the volume issue.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/353974-low-volume-issue-officially-fixed-via-ota-update/

Here's a thread I also found. Low volume issue officially fixed via over the air update. That update is B885 and not B884.

Here's to quote from Huawei Device UK facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/huaweideviceuk?ref=ts

We don't want those with the low volume issue to update with B884 and then update to the custom B888 ROM and then complain on the forums that it still hasn't fixed their low volume issue!

The quote should say sebastians name? He posted it in the ow volume issue thread. Of course it's an unofficial update but that was the original fix. B884 and B886 roms were uncovered at the same time. So updating to B884 then flashing custom B888 would be fine... Just because flibblesan mentioned it doesn't mean he is right, of course B885 was the OFFICIAL update that fixed the volume issue I'm not contesting that.

Interesting, I intsalled the B884 update, which fixed the voume, and then I restored my debranded ROM (based on B882) and the volume fix still seems in place, so it seems the fix has something to do with something thats outside the scope of the normal system (AudioFilter.csv is identical)..

still, job done

I'll leave it at that now as it's quite a redundant argument with the official update out.

Edited by Frankish

Guest jerry69

Hi guys!

I have got B885 update done over the air with firmware update and I am still unhappy with the volume. I have got a few songs I want to use as ring tones and the volume is much lower when someone rings me than when I listen to the same track over the audio player. I assume the volume level should be the same when being called or listening the audio player. Is that correct? Also, I believe the B885 update makes the option of increasing volume disappear from the menu as I haven't got it. Any ideas?

Guest Chazmeister

I think under B885 the option is called Ascending Volume and under B888 it is Increasing Volume and will be found under Sound Settings/Incoming Calls. I presume you've done the obvious thing and held the power button down and restarted the phone?

The B885 did the trick sound wise for me whilst I was on it. But it still left the touch screen and capacitive buttons feeling unresponsive. Something going up to the B888 rom from this thread http://www.modaco.com/topic/353923-new-b888-rom-from-huawei-download-link-inside/, fixed for me. Going to B888, for me completely transformed the phone. Sound problems all fixed, much better touch response and all the Vodafone bloatware totally erased. It will format the internal phone memory during install though, so plop an SD card in and backup anything you want to keep first.

Guest pelago

For me, in B885, I see "Increasing ringtone" in Settings, Sound, in the Incoming calls section, just underneath the Phone ringtone selection.

Guest jerry69

I haven't got any other option than 'phone ringtone'. I remember I did have it but it has dissapeared after going to b885. volume issue remains for me even with b885 although I use music tracks instead of ringtones. Why these tracks sound very loud while being played with music player and incredibly low when someone rings?

Guest pelago

Does the "Increasing ringtone" option reappear if you pick one of the stock ringtones instead of a music track, I wonder?

Guest SWIM

can someone post an idiots guide to installing a rom.

do I download it on to my tablet,then transfer to phone?

or do I download straight to phone?

all info gratefully received.

Edited by SWIM