ZTE popular way to update mobile phone-------SD card upgrade

Guest fly77girl87

Guest Dazzozo

What are you going on about, and please find out what I am talking about before you post . That way you won't luck stupid.

Luck stupid?

Mind stopping being so insulting? No one has called anyone stupid and your baseless accusation that I effectively 'attacked' Pinguy is ludicrous.

raverrr agreed with me that his comments were pretty cheeky and that I was right to say what I did. I don't see my post calling him stupid and you have no right to do the same.

Guest BLu3HaZe

What are you going on about, and please find out what I am talking about before you post . That way you won't luck stupid.

Not my fault that you're what you say yourself to not understand something written in simple English. Infact, go ahead and get rid of your Crescent, we really don't care

@All - Let us not wrestle with the pigs

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Guest irishpancake

Hi BLu3HaZe

Agreed....

Can I ask, not being argumentative here, just wonder what you mean:

I expected Skype and also 3G calls over mobile network (not mobile data) like in all my old Sony Ericsson's, and it does nothing.

What does this mean?? 3G calls over mobile network (not mobile data)......

like 3G is a mobile data protocol...for use over Mobile Networks??

http://www.askcomreg...le/3g.72.LE.asp

What does it do?

3G offers higher speeds on mobile phones for accessing emails, surfing the internet and downloading or uploading data and video. A 3G compatible phone or data card is required to access the service.

What are "3G Calls"??

As a retired Telco Engineer I am interested, as maybe I am misunderstanding you, Thanks.

BTW, just if you need video calling, Tango is OK on Crescent....

Edited by irishpancake

Guest raverrr

Now, now everyone :). I think BB is referring to a F'N'C video that 'N4y4nrules' made comparing 3g speeds between F'N'C and another ROM. (For the record i did tell him it could come across a bit cocky but he is stubborn). Tempers will fray from time to time it is inevitable. Thats why forums have mods.

The piguy thing:

Imagine spending as much time as Daz working on something for a bunch of strangers out of the kindness of you heart.

Now... imagine I come along and within my first few minutes on modaco i say my ROM will outrun any of yours.

How would that make you feel? Pretty angry. Not letting that anger spill ont the forum is key but would you say nothing?...didn't think so.

Lets just forget all this and go back to being geeks :D

PS: I thought these ZTE posts were spam to at first sight. Regardless of this they are trying to help. Granted there is no need to post it 10 times but atleast they are making an effort :)

:) Keep calm & carry on :)

Guest rymate1234

So we have 1000s of users on MoDaCo in the ZTE Crescent forum who have FTM only and absolutely love sticking to the stock firmware... Hmm, thanks for letting us know, news to me atleast.

Fact is, ZTE Rep himself accepted what we told in proper sense, saying they will take it into consideration, and even thanking us. That's done and over, lets move on and do something more productive :) This is a tech forum, not a stage drama.

I totally agree with fr0do, all Daz did was point out that demeaning others workand saying yours is best isn't exactly a very gentlemanly thing to do. I have not seen other devs here recommending their own work over others, giving us users, the choice depending on personal taste and expectations.

About the relative unpopularity of the Crescent unlike the Blade, it can be easily seen if you look at the Skate forum why this is so. The Blade had no competitor whatsoever. Crescent got to fight with its own sibling, and the only thing that's different is having a front camera, which also comes at the cost of having a smaller screen. That was the only reason I went for a OSFII instead of an OMC, to find the damn camera does nothing apart for taking photos. I expected Skype and also 3G calls over mobile network (not mobile data) like in all my old Sony Ericsson's, and it does nothing. Had I known this earlier, I'd not have thought twice about getting an OMC. Now I'm paying the price for not doing enough research before getting this phone, as I'm rarely even using this. But a fair reason for the Crescent to be relatively unpopular compared to it's predecessor.

And battery life is abysmal, it won't last more than 2.5-3 hours of continuous use, heats like hell if using HSPA, charging makes the phone an iron, among other things. So I still end up using my trusty old dumb SE's paired with a WM6 for everything

You seem to be forgetting about the crescent's improved CPU, lighter weight, improved back camera, and slighty improved battery life.

Oh, and android gingerbread by default rather then froyo.

(assuming you were comparing the blade to the crescent)

If you were comparing the skate to the crescent, the zte crescent is cheaper and more pocketable. :)

Edited by rymate1234

Guest Dazzozo

You seem to be forgetting about the crescent's improved CPU, lighter weight, improved back camera, and slighty improved battery life.

If you were comparing the skate to the crescent, the zte crescent is cheaper and more pocketable. :)

I'm assuming he was comparing the Crescent to the Skate as they're closer.

Guest bladebuddy
Now, now everyone :). I think BB is referring to a F'N'C video that 'N4y4nrules' made comparing 3g speeds between F'N'C and another ROM. (For the record i did tell him it could come across a bit cocky but he is stubborn). Tempers will fray from time to time it is inevitable. Thats why forums have mods.

The piguy thing:

Imagine spending as much time as Daz working on something for a bunch of strangers out of the kindness of you heart.

Now... imagine I come along and within my first few minutes on modaco i say my ROM will outrun any of yours.

How would that make you feel? Pretty angry. Not letting that anger spill ont the forum is key but would you say nothing?...didn't think so.

PS: I thought these ZTE posts were spam to at first sight. Regardless of this they are trying to help. Granted there is no need to post it 10 times but atleast they are making an effort :)

Raverrr I personaly respect you 100per cent, even more so after seeing your post on the said persons thread saying" yours is the better rom, what I don't understand is why whenever there's the chance of moving forward with thi

Edited by bladebuddy

Guest bladebuddy

The piguy thing:

Raverrr I personaly respect you 100per cent, even more so after seeing your post on the said persons thread saying" his is the better rom",

And I apologize for using the video in my argument, its just there was some similarity to it.I personally thought his statement was a bit cocky but I don't think he was trying to trash other people's work, To me it was a pitch saying his rom COULD probably get higher benchmark scores them most roms on hear.Has anyone downloaded Flibs,Sebastians, raverrr,

Dazzozo and Pinguys and seen if his claims are true? You never no he might be right, even if he is it means nothing as back in the old blade days turning on stagefright on kk Swedish Spring could give higher benchmark results. And most if not all of us on hear know there's more to a good rom then benchmarks, so I seen it as a bit of cocky promotion, one things for sure the number of downloads and how long it lasts will show who's rom is the best overall and Dazzozs nailing that one. And to Raverrr I can't thank-you enough for the work you have put in on the blade crescent and g300 hopefully my next phone.You're a true Gent and amazing Dev and so is Dazzozo, I have been following your rom and running commentary " most of which goes over my head" and I am amazed at how brainy and clever you are and what you have produced for the crescent user's.

When I said find out what I am going on about and you will not look silly, was the reference to one dev knocking another devs work as the comparison is similar.

I am fully aware that the crescent will never be as popular as the blade not just for the reasons you say but also because it started on eclair then froyo, Ginger bread and ICS with camogen backing there's even some honeycomb roms. As the crescent started on Ginger bread unless you want to go backwards there was never going to be as much development, what I mentioned was to take off in the same way attracting a similar following, probably less chance now the Huawe G300 now's on the seen.

What I am trying to say is I quite often follow this forum and others but it seems to be getting very argumentative and a little nasty at times even now and I don't think you are doing yourselfs any favors I also think you may have missed a trick with ZTE. And I can see how it looks like I am spitting my dummy out over selling my phone but I have been thinking about it for a while it was just the straw that broke the cammals back.

I really do wish you all well and hope this forum and phone get the recognition it deserves and thanks to all that have gave me good knowledge advice and roms for my crescent but that's it for me.

Edited by bladebuddy

Guest BLu3HaZe

Hi BLu3HaZe

Agreed....

Can I ask, not being argumentative here, just wonder what you mean:

What does this mean?? 3G calls over mobile network (not mobile data)......

like 3G is a mobile data protocol...for use over Mobile Networks??

What are "3G Calls"??

As a retired Telco Engineer I am interested, as maybe I am misunderstanding you, Thanks.

BTW, just if you need video calling, Tango is OK on Crescent....

Sorry for the delay, been quite busy lately. That's not augmentative at all, it's just a simple question. Well as 3G calls, I meant video calls over the mobile network or UMTS calls, just like a normal call but with video added. Been there for more than half a decade in "dumb" phones such as K810, K530, C905, J20, N70 etc. (I know most about SE's, even the models). Calls will get charged like a normal call over the network, per minute and NOT as data which would be the case with a 3rd party app. Difference is ithe QCIF (I think) video and higher quality audio to the call, but consumes more battery power.

Just found out it's not very popular in other countries, so that maybe the reason why it's not widely known though present - http://en.wikipedia....e#Current_usage

Here it's the same rate (average less than 1p per minute) for a voice or video call, so people with two UMTS phones on a 3G or better network could and do freely use it.

Users need to be on Tango to call them right? I don't know of anyone who uses that here, I too have only heard about Tango and not even my relatives in UK use it, which would kind of make it useless. Skype is the most essential actually. Thanks for the suggestion anyway! :)

I'm assuming he was comparing the Crescent to the Skate as they're closer.

Yes I was, thanks Daz

Actually, the Skate (OMC) and Crescent (OSFII) were more or less the same price when I got this back in Feb. Only the size to fit in one hand remains an advantage, not having to use both hands to dial a number is good :)

Edited by BLu3HaZe