MCR - MoDaCo.one for the HTC One X Tegra 3 (Sense + Vanilla) - NEW: more Vanilla, TeamViewer QS + more

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest sidsat20

Great work on Ir5 Paul. Really loving the latest Vanilla prebake.

I have noticed one problem. Any app that requires live 'my location' updating doesn't seem to work.

- Have experienced this problem with maps, I cannot get directions to any place as my phone constantly tells me that 'my current location is unavailable'.

- I have also come across this problem with a Google Now for ICS port that I had installed on my stock ROM (that worked great earlier).

I had no such issues with my stock ROM, and miss using my Maps app.

What do I do?

Thank you,

Sid

Guest sidsat20

Is it just me with this issue? It is a little upsetting.

Also should I try and restore any system flies that may fix the situation?

I have noticed one problem. Any app that requires live 'my location' updating doesn't seem to work.

- Have experienced this problem with maps, I cannot get directions to any place as my phone constantly tells me that 'my current location is unavailable'.

- I have also come across this problem with a Google Now for ICS port that I had installed on my stock ROM (that worked great earlier).

I had no such issues with my stock ROM, and miss using my Maps app.

What do I do?

Thank you,

Sid

Guest sidsat20

Thank you for your responses, unfortunately I have not found a solution yet. Rebooting the phone didn't solve anything, and irrespective of my connection (3G or Wifi) my location cannot be found.

I get the pop-up "Your current location is temporarily unavailable". Never had this issue before.

It seems like my GPS just isn't working. I do get the sign signalling away in my status bar, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything meaningful really.

Mind you I am able to find locations on the maps app, but that is as good as searching for a place in google.

I have had this issue with the following apps: Navigation, Maps, Google Now, Local and Latitude.

Please do let me know if there is anything I can do to fix this.

Thank you,

Sid

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest comicbookguy

Best guess What will happen when the OneX+ arrives? Will this ROM work on it and can it be reclocked to 1.7ghz? will new stuff be ported in? Will there be a new MCR for the new phone?

• 1 month later...
Guest carthesis

Finally got around to updating to Ir5 last night - Superwipe, flash through Clockwork/ROM Manager, fastbooted the boot.img, all groovy.

Only one slight problem - the People app isn't picking up any contact info or pictures from Facebook.

Facebook app works fine. Friendstream picks up everything as it should. HTC Sense has been authorised by the FB app. I can share photos etc. through the 'Facebook for HTC Sense' option - all works fine, except the People app which isn't even picking up Facebook contacts as an option.

The one thing I haven't done is check to find out if Facebook have altered the security permissions without notification AGAIN... failing that, any ideas?

*** EDIT ***

Ok - in 'even weirder news':

I tried to restore a previous version (Ir2) from a ClockworkMod backup, because I couldn't remember if a restore also reflashes the boot.img (it doesn't).

The phone bootlooped a few times, and I realised that the boot.img wasn't the right version. Ho-hum.

Tried to do a restore to the version of Ir5 that I already had installed, which failed due to an MD5 checksum mismatch of all things.

At this point, I figured I'd just reinstall from the basic ROM, but didn't do a SuperWipe this time, although i did clear out the Dalvik cache before I started,

Rebooted, Android did the upgrade and optimisation thing, and is now working perfectly, with People-to-Facebook links intact. Bonzer.

Still doesn't explain why it wasn't working following the clean install the first time though.

Paul - don't know if you're still monitoring this thread, but if you are and want/need more info, let me know.

Edited by carthesis

• 1 month later...
Guest declanc

Paul, any word on a JellyBean version of MCR for the One X ? It seems that the carriers are rolling it out to handsets (I presume they were doing it before now in UK but we are finally catching up here in Ireland)