Photo

MCR - MoDaCo.one for the HTC One X Tegra 3 (Sense + Vanilla) - NEW: more Vanilla, TeamViewer QS + more

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

raph santerre

raph santerre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:HOX

Ohh. This will cause troubles with ICS lockscreen on incoming calls. Same as in "ROM Cleaner" from xda.

When a call arrives and the screen is off, the ICS lockscreen is displayed first, you have to unlock it sliding the locker the normal way, then the incoming call screen is displayed and only now you can answer or decline. The ICS lockscreen introduces an additional step to unlock the lockscreen before being able to answer or decline the call

More generally, with the vanilla, the ICS screens are in the middle of the Sence screens : for example, the phone call dialer is ICS, but the screen to enter the SIM code is Sense ... The notification drawer is Sence, the Settings are essentially Sense but some parts are ICS (the Android Keyboard for example) ... a little bit confusing IMHO.

Will wait for lockscreen mentioned above before installing

All you have to do to get the ICS lockscreen is to unselect the HTC lockscreen item.
The Google lockscreen will automatically be added (The Google lockscreen item can't be selected).

Edited by raph santerre, 24 May 2012 - 05:40 AM.

huey-t

huey-t

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X, Motorola RAZR
so like I just renewed my premium membership but when I click on the 'Click to Bake' it redirects me to the Modaco Store :S

dr_ysp

dr_ysp

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Note II, Grey
  • Twitter:@dryspuri
Dear Paul,

great ROM, I am enjoying it so far, only one tiny request, would you please add HTC reader app in kitchen, as you would know they took it out for some insane reason, I used to love that app from old HTC devices

nontheless, i personally feel you are the best of the developers, I am your fan since my HTC hero days, i had deflected to sgs 2 and awaited mcr kitchen but now i have moved on to HOX

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,366 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien

Thank you for this great Rom, Paul
When I open up HTC locations from the Car app, it will crash with a "unfortunately locations has stopped"
Is there any fix that I can try?

Confirmed, i'll investigate.

so like I just renewed my premium membership but when I click on the 'Click to Bake' it redirects me to the Modaco Store :S

Everything looks correct, could you try now for me? Drop me a PM if you're still having an issues letting me know which server you are baking from.

Dear Paul,

great ROM, I am enjoying it so far, only one tiny request, would you please add HTC reader app in kitchen, as you would know they took it out for some insane reason, I used to love that app from old HTC devices

nontheless, i personally feel you are the best of the developers, I am your fan since my HTC hero days, i had deflected to sgs 2 and awaited mcr kitchen but now i have moved on to HOX

Is there a particular HTC Reader app version you are using?

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Nos

Nos

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X, Xperia Play
  • Twitter:@natheeeeeee
Been testing my bake for a bit, getting lots of 'unfortunately browser has stopped' messages when performing certain functions (like setting accounts up).

Does the HTC framework need the stock browser to be present? I de-selected it on my bake.

EDIT: Turns out the stock browser is present in my bake, thought I'd de-selected it! Hmm, will keep testing...

Edited by Nos, 24 May 2012 - 10:31 AM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,366 posts

Thank you for this great Rom, Paul
When I open up HTC locations from the Car app, it will crash with a "unfortunately locations has stopped"
Is there any fix that I can try?

I've located the issue and will upload a fix shortly!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

dr_ysp

dr_ysp

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Hey Paul, I am looking for HTC reader from sense 3.5

huey-t

huey-t

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Everything looks correct, could you try now for me? Drop me a PM if you're still having an issues letting me know which server you are baking from.

Okay sweet, just tried baking another ROM and seems to be working now on the nigella server. Thanks Paul.

fbriolini

fbriolini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi Paul, you wrote @ XDA that this is a non wipe install. Is this true also when coming from a custom ROM (in my case ARHD 6.0), or just when installing MCR on stock ROM? Thanks.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,366 posts
As long as ARHD is not re-signed (I don't *think* it is), then you should be fine. Of course, backup first. :)

P

Posted Image

Darren Richards

Darren Richards

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Great work. My first bake has worked wonderfully, no issues except those mentioned with the ICS lock screen needing to be unlocked when receiving a call, but I am going to bake a new ROM with this removed. So far everything is working well together and it is great to be rid of some bloat and have more vanilla ICS look and feel. Thanks again Paul :D

mattkosem

mattkosem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:One X, Atrix, Touchpad
Loving this from so far. I'm running with a repacked Franco R4 kernel on the vanilla rom, and it's working beautifully. I added in the advanced power menu and moved the menu button to a long press on home, and left it alone otherwise. Its rock solid and buttery smooth. Battery is sitting at 97% after being unplugged 8 hours with 3 min of screen on time.

Nice work.

--Matt

Edited by mattkosem, 24 May 2012 - 08:08 PM.

mailman64

mailman64

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X
What is suppose to happen when I click bake? I'm not seeing any change and I waited for quite some time ( maybe 20 mins.). Not really sure what to look for.

Edited by mailman64, 25 May 2012 - 12:41 AM.

huey-t

huey-t

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
picked up another bug, not sure if it's been covered yet. I'm getting an FC error for the browser every so often. First one occurs when I'm doing the initial phone setup. Anyone else encountering this?

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,366 posts

picked up another bug, not sure if it's been covered yet. I'm getting an FC error for the browser every so often. First one occurs when I'm doing the initial phone setup. Anyone else encountering this?

HTC browser or ICS browser?

P

Posted Image

huey-t

huey-t

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
I'm not sure, I baked the ROM with both ICS and HTC browser. The FC isn't occurring when I'm opening up the browser, it happens randomly even when I don't have the browser app open. This also occurred on the vanilla pre-baked ROM (which I assume only had the ICS browser cooked in it).

carthesis

carthesis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X (stock O2)

Requirements

In order to use this ROM you must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed - this can be installed using ROM Manager from the Android Market.

The ROM is installed at your own risk. The ROM should be installed using ClockworkMod. A wipe is NOT required to use this ROM if you are coming from either stock, or a previous MCR release.

Installation

To install this ROM:

• Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your the internal sd card (/sdcard/)
  • Restart your device in recovery mode
  • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
  • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to the internal sd card!
  • NOTE: If you are using a S-ON device (you probably are!), in line with other ROMs you need to manually 'fastboot flash boot boot.img' the boot image from the update zip due to HTC's restrictions.
First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it! :D

Paul - just to be clear, do we need ClockworkMod installed, or do we use the boot image in the zip file? Or both?

dr_ysp

dr_ysp

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Paul - just to be clear, do we need ClockworkMod installed, or do we use the boot image in the zip file? Or both?

sorry to answer on paul's behalf,
yes both

carthesis

carthesis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X (stock O2)

sorry to answer on paul's behalf,
yes both

So let me get this completely straight, as installing the ROM on the OneX doesn't seem as straightforward as it always used to on the Desire:

1) You need to have unlocked the device through HTCDev

2) Once unlocked, you need to install ROMManager and ClockworkModRecovery

3) After CWM Rcovery is installed, you need to flash the SU apk

4) You then need to fastboot into the boot img included with the MCR download

5) From that boot img, you then 'install from zip' the MCR ROM

Is that basically correct? Don't you need root already to be able to get ROM Manager to install CWM?

Been a long time since I had to fiddle with an Android phone, so I'm very murky on the process - especially as the Desire was unlocked already, and could be rooted et al with a one-click process, which made things substantially easier.

I am desperate to get rid of the terrible, old, O2-branded software off my shiny new toy!

mattkosem

mattkosem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:One X, Atrix, Touchpad

I'm not sure, I baked the ROM with both ICS and HTC browser. The FC isn't occurring when I'm opening up the browser, it happens randomly even when I don't have the browser app open. This also occurred on the vanilla pre-baked ROM (which I assume only had the ICS browser cooked in it).

It's the stock android browser as far as I can tell. I noticed the same crash during initial setup, and once after on vanilla. It hasn't happened since though.

--Matt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users