So let me get this completely straight, as installing the ROM on the OneX doesn't seem as straightforward as it always used to on the Desire:
1) You need to have unlocked the device through HTCDev
2) Once unlocked, you need to install ROMManager and ClockworkModRecovery
3) After CWM Rcovery is installed, you need to flash the SU apk
4) You then need to fastboot into the boot img included with the MCR download
5) From that boot img, you then 'install from zip' the MCR ROM
Is that basically correct? Don't you need root already to be able to get ROM Manager to install CWM?
Been a long time since I had to fiddle with an Android phone, so I'm very murky on the process - especially as the Desire was unlocked already, and could be rooted et al with a one-click process, which made things substantially easier.
I am desperate to get rid of the terrible, old, O2-branded software off my shiny new toy!
I'm not sure you can get rid of O2 branding and locking on their network.
If you can (I don't know), then the process is basically
1) unlock bootloader : head to htcdev site
2) install recovery : some help here on part B
3) install the MCR : very same as here but with the MCR ROM
4) final step, ensure your can enter recovery from the bootloader : part H) and then part G) if you can't enter the recovery
Edited by a2b, 25 May 2012 - 12:09 PM.