Photo

[ROM][ZTE Skate] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 (STABLE) - Android 2.3.7 (31/10/12)

* * * * * 6 votes

• Please log in to reply
521 replies to this topic

crnadakm

crnadakm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Women
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4

Its been accepted as official. Its only going to be included after cm7.2 stable so watch for that.

cool :)

Hm I've got a problem with link2sd

Last night it said that I need a quick reboot or to recreate mounting scripts.
So I recreated it and rebooted, but I didn't see that nothing happened , so it didn't recreate mounting script. And it wont read apps if I go quick reboot either.

I created mounting scripts for ext2 which is my partition format. Can I do it manually ?

epicbattle wallpaper

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
Depending on your CWM version if you wipe data your sd-ext partition will be reformatted as ext2 or ext3.
It is more likely it has been reformatted to ext3. So try that instead of ext2.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

crnadakm

crnadakm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
I didn't wipe anything, I just flashed this build over 1603 tilal's build.
I rebooted the phone and link2sd offered me 3 options, I chose quick reboot this time and my apps are here. so I will not touch anything :D
On my storage info it still says it's ext2.

Like I said, it's working so I will not touch anything.

epicbattle wallpaper

uhni

uhni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Ahoj ceco, chcel by som sa len ooytat ako je na tom volume? este stale je ta romka taka ticha?

GZoli77

GZoli77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Zte Skate
Hi. Great work!

The ADW should be returned instead of the stock launcher.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Ahoj ceco, chcel by som sa len ooytat ako je na tom volume? este stale je ta romka taka ticha?

Yes. But I use built-in DSP manager to set equalizer for speaker to boost the audio.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

aamiel

aamiel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo : ZTE skate
I am not sure if you have seen that or if it is relevent but it looks like someone fixed a similar problem on an other phone without kernel work.
http://code.google.c.../detail?id=3765

Gagas1

Gagas1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate-OMC, G300, TF101
Q:Hi. Can you flash this on top of CM7 Ice Armor III

It should be possible. Try following the upgrade instructions in the first post. Backup first so you can get back to IA3 if anything goes wrong.

OK i have done everything you said on first post. I upgraded from Ice Armor III. At first boot i had to recreate partition to ext3 for Link2SD to work. After the reboot everything seems to work fine and faster than IA3. I f you can add soft buttons it will be perfect ROM. Gongratulations again.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

I am not sure if you have seen that or if it is relevent but it looks like someone fixed a similar problem on an other phone without kernel work.
http://code.google.c.../detail?id=3765

Yes. I've seen this one. Later today I found out that compass works for me after calibration and also google maps shows the correct orientation and movement.
The one and only problem left is the one with Google Sky. The change in kernel I hoped could solve this didn't help.
I found out while debugging that the code where I found possible error is not executed at all, so no effect in fixing it.

So... The current version should be OK with compass and google maps.
I recommend deleting /data/misc/akmd_set.txt which contains calibration data and do the callibration from scratch by
moving the phone in all directions following the 8 shape.

aamiel

aamiel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo : ZTE skate

So... The current version should be OK with compass and google maps.
I recommend deleting /data/misc/akmd_set.txt which contains calibration data and do the callibration from scratch by
moving the phone in all directions following the 8 shape.

Because compass is important to me, I have avoided CM ROMs. I just had a little try with CM9 last week and found that google maps worked. I guess they fixed something. Sky map is not maintained by Google anymore and the app I really use, GPS essentials did not behave... So back to some ROM coming from stock...

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
I use sygic satnav and it works flawlessly on my last CM9 build. It also works on this CM7 rom. Haven't tried other satnav apps, though.
Just google maps - I was walking around the building just to see if it shows the correct orietation :D It did.

Gagas1

Gagas1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate-OMC, G300, TF101
Igo navigation works well too.

crnadakm

crnadakm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
I didn't want to start a new thread so I decided to post it here since this rom is based on CM7.

Has anyone seen this rom for blade?
http://www.modaco.co...e-os-for-blade/

It looks like miui but it's apparently lot smoother...
What do you think, anyone willing to try doing it for skate?

I know it's kinda rude to ask but if anyone wanted to port something and didn't know what, this might be the inspiration :D

Take it as a suggestion.

I think it looks awesome.

epicbattle wallpaper

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
What about trying Xmasterninni's porting tool? :)

crnadakm

crnadakm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
DELETE!

Edited by crnadakm, 25 May 2012 - 06:50 PM.

epicbattle wallpaper

crnadakm

crnadakm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
I'd like to do it, I do have some experience with linux and compiling (been using it for 5 - 6 years)

But i have no idea how...
I'd need a tutorial or something. I mean I do have the idea how it's done, but never done anything similar .

Edited by crnadakm, 25 May 2012 - 06:55 PM.

epicbattle wallpaper

crnadakm

crnadakm

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

What about trying Xmasterninni's porting tool? :)

it... works...

epicbattle wallpaper

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Congrats :)

MrDetonator

MrDetonator

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
Is this CM7 ROM very different from CFX, which one is better and is it possible to flash this CM7 using current ROM's recovery (http://www.modaco.co...e/page__st__420) and go back if I don't like it?
Does it also have HW decoding issues as CFX?

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
1) CM7 is Android 2.3.7, CFX is Android 4.0.4 so the difference is quite big

2) You can use your current recovery to backup your current rom and istall this one.
ROM should fit on 150MB system partition you probably have if you're still running SKatie installed by TPT

3) Everything works including HW decoding, videorecording. Like in stock Skate rom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users