Photo

[ROM][ZTE Skate] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 (STABLE) - Android 2.3.7 (31/10/12)

* * * * * 6 votes

• Please log in to reply
521 replies to this topic

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:Is not your business...
  • Devices:BQ Aquaris 5
But one more thing , the push notification updates works if there is a Stable Build for the Skate C3C0?

I was telling about the updating to Release Candidate 4 to keep it current

• Current Device : BQ Aquaris 5 (JB 4.2) 
  • Optimus Monte Carlo (GB 2.3)  --- >>> SOLD ! 

MrDetonator

MrDetonator

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
Same error as here:
http://www.modaco.co...00#entry1957749

I found error with Wi-Fi. When it's on and phone is in stand by for about 10 hours, Wi-Fi can not turn on. There's "Error" in Wi-Fi settings text.

If Wi-Fi is ON during all night, at morning you receive the error.
And..

Does anyone know how to save contact to SIM in this ROM?

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
Wifi: Without logcat it's impossiblr for me to do anything about it.

Contacts to SIM... Good question. I cannot see myself such an option in CM7 contacts app.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
New build up. First post updated - changelog.

There are two options to upgrade.

1) Flash attached update over your RC2 version to integrate GooManager support - you will get update noficitanion after reboot

2) Use download link in the first post

Attached Files

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

New build up. First post updated - changelog.

There are two options to upgrade.

1) Flash attached update over your RC2 version to integrate GooManager support - you will get update noficitanion after reboot

2) Use download link in the first post

Thanks C3C0 for keeping it current with the latest cm repo ;)

MrDetonator

MrDetonator

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Contacts to SIM... Good question. I cannot see myself such an option in CM7 contacts app.

That's bad. How do developers suggest to manage SIM sontacts without 3'd patry application now?

Wifi: Without logcat it's impossiblr for me to do anything about it.

I can try to make Logcat. How to create it?
I have Logcat Recorder applicatoin, will it be enough if I write log with it?

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Yes, it should be fine. Let it record into file before you go sleeping and stop in the morning and in case wifi is reporting error, send it to me.

creedence

creedence

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Devices:LG OPTIMUS 4XHD
C3C0. Congratulations. Respect. You are for me a real developer. Cheers

Each problem is simple, if is already solved.

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
C3C0 i know the ROM is okay for me and everyone using it , but can i ask you a favour in the next build ?

Can you improve the sound quality of the speakers ?

Becuse there's a little pitch in the sound when receving notifications , calls and even the music.
And i don't know if you noticed that bug in the sound , but if you can fix it this will be the best CM7.2 for Skate out there :)

NOTE : The laucher you told me about , when i try to install it it says to replace a stock laucher already built into the CM7.2 ROM
and it doesn't want to install can you help me ?

Edited by WiiSky70, 02 June 2012 - 12:35 AM.

MrDetonator

MrDetonator

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Yes, it should be fine. Let it record into file before you go sleeping and stop in the morning and in case wifi is reporting error, send it to me.

Ok

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
I also tried to track wifi problem but my wifi was still running OK in the morning after 7 hours of sleeping with wifi instantly turned on.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

C3C0 i know the ROM is okay for me and everyone using it , but can i ask you a favour in the next build ?

Can you improve the sound quality of the speakers ?

Becuse there's a little pitch in the sound when receving notifications , calls and even the music.
And i don't know if you noticed that bug in the sound , but if you can fix it this will be the best CM7.2 for Skate out there :)

NOTE : The laucher you told me about , when i try to install it it says to replace a stock laucher already built into the CM7.2 ROM
and it doesn't want to install can you help me ?

Stock launcher: Looks like it refuses to be installed as user app so I made a flashable zip that will install it into system partition. You need about 5.2MB of free space in the system partition. Use terminal emulator and command "df" to check how much free space you have.
http://tinyw.in/k8wt

Regarding sound. I will try to look into it.

mare82

mare82

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
C3C0 can u make is dolby mobile sound into this rom ?

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
No. It's impossible without source code for Dolby. But I'll try improving the sound in some other way.

MrDetonator

MrDetonator

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

I also tried to track wifi problem but my wifi was still running OK in the morning after 7 hours of sleeping with wifi instantly turned on.

I logged it today and during this the GSM signal also was lost (I told about this problem before) but I have applicatoin Battery Saver installed and set for Airplane mode from 2AM to 8AM, maybe reason is this app.
With Wi-Fi it sometimes happen during 1 hour stand-by and before I installed Battery Saver.
Here's the screenshot (you can see Wi-Fi error and no signal).
Log: https://www.dropbox....-59-55+0400.rar

Attached Files

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
I am pretty confident that the errors are caused by some user app that might not be compatible with Skate's wifi and ril subsystems in CM7 (and probably other roms).
E.g. in log I can see that app unloads the wifi driver when entering sleep time but later then is not able to load a driver back.
The similar thing happens for RIL. System reports during radio activation that there's an error during SIM IO operations on wakeup.
So I recommend you to search for other 3rd party app that does the job right or restrain from using such apps.
I don't feel like making a ROM to adapt to 3rd party apps. It should be the other way - apps should adapt to what ROM/version of operating system supports.

Edited by C3C0, 03 June 2012 - 06:55 AM.

MrDetonator

MrDetonator

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

I am pretty confident that the errors are caused by some user app that might not be compatible with Skate's wifi and ril subsystems in CM7 (and probably other roms).
E.g. in log I can see that app unloads the wifi driver when entering sleep time but later then is not able to load a driver back.
The similar thing happens for RIL. System reports during radio activation that there's an error during SIM IO operations on wakeup.
So I recommend you to search for other 3rd party app that does the job right or restrain from using such apps.
I don't feel like making a ROM to adapt to 3rd party apps. It should be the other way - apps should adapt to what ROM/version of operating system supports.

So do you think the signal loss happened because of that Battery Saver?
But Wi-Fi error happened even before I installed that Battery Saver.
There's one more issue with Wi-Fi and screen off. When Wi-Fi is ON and screen goes off for about 10 minutes, after turning on the screen, Wi-Fi cannot connect for a ling time or sometimes cannot connect at all. To connect, you have wait for about 5 minures or turn Wi-Fi off and then on again.

Edited by MrDetonator, 03 June 2012 - 08:27 AM.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Well I use the wifi off on screen off policy too and when I turn on the screen wifi reconnects instantly. I suspect there must be something wrong going on in your system. I would try to test the behavior on clean install with data wiped to see if the behavior is better. If yes there must be some app causing the havoc.

Redstarr1

Redstarr1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S, ZTE Skate
I remember when I used AtomicMod that it also had some kind of built-in battery saver. I did the same thing, let it turn off my signal from 0 to 7 am, and it also couldn't get it back. So I think C3CO is right about the app causing this problem (and it will cause problems on any rom). Best way is to just put it in airplane mode yourself before you go sleeping, those battery saving apps must be made specifically for your phone.

mare82

mare82

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
how to change battery icon from status bar ? I want to be into %

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users