Phone restarts/shuts off when using 2G-Network

Guest Andi-HH

Guest Andi-HH

Hi,

my phone often shuts down when using 2g network. When usin 3g everything is fine.

I tried a lot of custom Gingerbread and stock 2.2/2.1 roms. Happens with every rom.

Is there anybody else with this problem or anyone who has a solution for this?

Thanks

Andi

Guest Andi-HH

Replacement SIM card

I changed my contract 2 months ago, so got a new sim-card. This could be the problem. I will try a friend's sim. Thanks.

If this won't help, I think it is an hardware problem and it's not worth to repair my good old liquid...

Guest Andi-HH

I received a new Sim-Card today and it didn't help... The strange thing is that with the 2 Sim-Cards of my provider I cannot send SMS in 3g-network, but in 2g-net. With all other Sim-Cards I can send SMS also in 3g...

I have the same problem. Haven't found a solution.

Exactly the same problem? Also with SMS?

Guest Andi-HH

Try to check apn

APN is okay. Also testet a fantasy apn (so no internet) and i got a restart as well.

Annoying... I don't wanna buy a new phone...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sss_ddk

I received a new Sim-Card today and it didn't help... The strange thing is that with the 2 Sim-Cards of my provider I cannot send SMS in 3g-network, but in 2g-net. With all other Sim-Cards I can send SMS also in 3g...

Exactly the same problem? Also with SMS?

I can't really tell if it's the same problem, so i'll share a few more details on my situation:

-The problem only happens in low signal areas (mostly 2G)

-the exact moment when it happens is when the phone tries to reconnect to a data network and some application tries to access the data connexion.

-if you deactivate your data connexion, the phone never restarts

-Logcat shows some network identification errors, but i can't find the kmsg nor the last_kmsg files to further inspect the problem

-My Sim card is Orange-Sosh (France)

-had this problem on LN 1.9.2. Reflashed the 2.2 Rom (modified to install on liquid). Still have the same problem.

Next i'll try to install a firewall that allows me to block individual outgoing data connexion, and try if it helps

Guest Andi-HH

I gave up trying to rescue my Liquid.

It seems that it can handle O2 simcards better than T-Mobile or Vodafone (Germany), at leat I didn't get a reboot with O2 sim, but didn't try it a very long time... It also seems that with a lower battery level the risk of a restart is bigger.

I think I will use my Liquid in 3g-only (what really works perfect except sms, but there is not a 3g signal in every corner of the city) a few months and search a new phone...

If you'll find a solution, please tell me!

Guest Andi-HH

Did you change you sim before the you experienced the problem? Maybe our Phones have a problem with newer sim-cards. Wikipedia told me that there are sim-cards with 1,8 Volt, 3 Volt and 5 Volt (the oldest) and using a "wrong" sim-card can succeed failures. It could explain that there is a connection between battery load and shut offs (for me).

Guest sss_ddk

I think it has to do with having multiple APN set up. I removed all the APNs i didn't use, so far so good.Will keep you updated if the reboot problem comes back.

Edit:Nope, still didn't help

Edited by sss_ddk

• 1 month later...
Guest sss_ddk

I trid something the other day. I was in the subway (crappy 2G) and my phone was practically unusable, restarting every 30 seconds. So i removed the SD card, and was able to finish my trip (30 minutes) uninterrupted.

whether this solved an electrical problem or deactivated some application on the SD card, i do not know (Nor whether it was just a coincidence). But if someone suffering from this problem can give it a try, maybe it'll help. I'm removing the sd card for now (until i can get my hands on the acer s500 in a couple of weeks)

Edit: Didn't work either!!

Edited by sss_ddk

Guest McLoy2008

Probably this will not solve the problem, but just to let you know...

I had many weird behaviours and restarts when my original battery was nearly dead (about 2 years of life). Now with a new battery everything is ok. Maybe it is just a case...

Guest sss_ddk

Probably this will not solve the problem, but just to let you know...

I had many weird behaviours and restarts when my original battery was nearly dead (about 2 years of life). Now with a new battery everything is ok. Maybe it is just a case...

I have two batteries.The original and a new one i bought. I have the same problem with both.

• 2 months later...