Images primarily show Vanilla style - of course Sense style is available too!
I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo.one ROM for the HTC One S! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know.
About MoDaCo Custom ROMs (MCRs)
MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device. MoDaCo Custom ROMs include online kitchens that allow the user to choose between stock ICS or Sense style for most features on the device!
The MoDaCo.one ROM is available for the HTC One X (Tegra 3), HTC One X (S4), HTC One S and HTC One V.
In order to use this ROM you must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed - this can be installed using ROM Manager from the Android Market.
The ROM is installed at your own risk. The ROM should be installed using ClockworkMod. A wipe is NOT required to use this ROM if you are coming from either stock, or a previous MCR release.
Features Include... (many optional via the Online Kitchen) - check kitchen defaults for what is in the prebake:
- Rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system
- Based on the 1.84.531.2 release from T-Mobile, to allow WiFi calling. Note that all T-Mo added software is removed / abstracted.
- All Google applications updated
- All third party applications updated
- Vanilla option using stock ICS components instead of HTC Sense components while retaining stability and core HTC functionality
- Superuser application and su binary from ChainfireXDA (SuperSU) for SAFE root functionality
- Insecure boot image (boot image must be flashed via fastboot for S-ON devices)
- Busybox included
- Not odexed
- Insecure boot image
- Alternative appstores
- Our own 'OdexMe' on-demand odex application
- init.d support on boot
- Modified startup sequence to offer all available languages
- UK English localisation for flashlight / torch
- Menu mod - includes some changes created by XDA member 'blubbers'
- Nosync SQLite binary (user request)
- Much much much more!
Please see 2 posts below this one for the changelog.
To install this ROM:
- Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your the internal sd card (/sdcard/)
- Restart your device in recovery mode
- PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
- Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to the internal sd card!
First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it!
Please do not mirror these packs elsewhere, I am counting downloads to determine which prebakes are most popular and should be offered in the future.
Prebakes are available for everyone to download, the MoDaCo Online Kitchen is available to MoDaCo AdFree and MoDaCo Plus members. NEW - you can now get MoDaCo AdFree for FREE via TrialPay - click here for details!
- Ir3 Sense - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 666106566dd708db3ff3128c6dcc3c2f
- Ir3 Sense + WiFi Calling - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 2f0a749f24dee14aa4a0ee57f520e613
- Ir3 Vanilla - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 12632e14db3b88063c82fac0df8d7b91
- an online kitchen is also available below for you to bake a Custom Custom ROM.
If you have a general question, please post in the topic and i'll do my best to help out!
It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.
Future Updates - READ THIS!
By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).
If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo subscription!