[ROM] Mokee OS (CM 7.2 on steroids) [Updated 24/06]

Guest crnadakm

Guest m0ther

It's possible to upgrade from previous version.

hi

i'm currently on C3C0's CM7.2 RC3 - can i upgrade straight from here to Mokee..?

thanks.

Guest crnadakm

Second post updated with:

Center clock mod !!!

Check it out.

Warning- do not use it if you are using soft keys addon!

Guest C3C0

It can be used with soft-key addon. There's no compatibility problem. The problem is that when the soft-keys are turned on, status bar

layout causes the clock to be covered by other UI elements which looks ugly :)

Guest MrDetonator

Well, I installed it.

Looks much smoother than CM7, the design is much nicer, I'm continuing to test it. Here's some notifications that I see at first run.

1. Wi-Fi can not connect to my home network.

I set up network to be hidden and with . Here's the log, name of network is WN1, WPA2/PSK security settings, hiding/unhidding SSID, changing security mode makes no difference.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mh1se5swyloyxrl/2012-06-05-21-25-50%2B0400_No_Wi-Fi.rarIn the botttom I attached screenshot. CM7.2 could connect to it before.

2. Settings for Camers Shutter sound: in CM settings and in other settings that shown on first boot.

3. Trackball wake settings is ON by default but on Skate there's no trackball.

4. There's some UC8 browser with only Chinese language.

5. CPU overclock shows "Sorry, you system isn't supported" message. Also, it's second overclock setting, Cm settings already has it.

6. Lots of Chinese language everywhere (like on second screenshot).

post-968903-0-84807500-1338918384_thumb.

post-968903-0-63187200-1338918556_thumb.

Edited by MrDetonator

Guest RaAmon

If you are using a partition size of system too tight, it may be something that is "outside" or cause problems. Happened to me: was premised on the TPD a Skatie (150MB) and install the MokeeOS nor am I worked the wifi, and gave me a FC to the overclocking you want to configure. It is only a suggestion: nothing is lost, just a little bit of time : -)

Sorry for the poor english... automatic translated with Babylon

Guest MrDetonator

If you are using a partition size of system too tight, it may be something that is "outside" or cause problems. Happened to me: was premised on the TPD a Skatie (150MB) and install the MokeeOS nor am I worked the wifi, and gave me a FC to the overclocking you want to configure. It is only a suggestion: nothing is lost, just a little bit of time : -)

Sorry for the poor english... automatic translated with Babylon

Thanks. But I don't know how to change partition, I have to search how to do it...

Guest C3C0

@MrDetonator

1) Will take a look at it later

2) This doesn't work for me, too. Maybe some kind of incompatibility with Skate camera.

There are some other options that don't work but not causing any major issues. Maybe

later i'll go through them and hide them from the settings

I have a version for slovak users where some of them are already hidden.

3) You can ignore this setting

4) Can be uninstalled. It's got preinstalled in data partition during first boot

Already removed from slovak version.

5) CPU Overclock (standalobe menu in System settings category) works for me. Strange.

6) Some included apps are modified by chinese devs and some translations were also in default english versions.

This is probably root explorer. I don't use it so I uninstalled it and also removed from slovak version

I can't see any other chinese writings anywhere. What does it mean "everywhere" ?

Please, be more specific :)

I can give you link for my modified slovak version. It fits on 150mb partition.

It's got just slovak language set as default after first boot but can be changed of course.

Edited by C3C0

Guest C3C0

@crnadakm

Maybe we should put up my new modified version. I just need to change the default language in build.props and upload it to goo.

What do you think?

Guest MrDetonator

@MrDetonator

1) Will take a look at it later

2) This doesn't work for me, too. Maybe some kind of incompatibility with Skate camera.

There are some other options that don't work but not causing any major issues. Maybe

later i'll go through them and hide them from the settings

I have a version for slovak users where some of them are already hidden.

3) You can ignore this setting

4) Can be uninstalled. It's got preinstalled in data partition during first boot

Already removed from slovak version.

5) CPU Overclock (standalobe menu in System settings category) works for me. Strange.

6) Some included apps are modified by chinese devs and some translations were also in default english versions.

This is probably root explorer. I don't use it so I uninstalled it and also removed from slovak version

I can't see any other chinese writings anywhere. What does it mean "everywhere" ?

Please, be more specific :)

I can give you link for my modified slovak version. It fits on 150mb partition.

It's got just slovak language set as default after first boot but can be changed of course.

By "Everywhere" I mean in settings, in some apps and in UI.

What's the best way to repartition from 150Mb partition to 160 Mb? Possibly, size is not enough.

Guest RaAmon

MY best way:

1) Install TPT helper from Store

2) Create TPT with 2MB cache and 170 MB system

3) Apply TPT starting phone with Volume-Up + Menu-Key

4) Install MokeeOS from Clockworksmod

5) Enjoy Mokee, configure, install, etc.

At your own risk. Read details from inet before do it

...or test the slovak version offered by C3C0 and change langage after. Sure the BEST OPTION ;-)

Edited by RaAmon

Guest MrDetonator

Well I did something wrong.

I choose "Install ZIP from SD card" instead of "Install update from SD" when I installed Soft Keys.

Phone stops booting on Android logo! Holding "Volume-" and power ON doesn't help.

What can I do?

P. S. Oh, I entered Recovery. Will restore the backup.

Edited by MrDetonator

Guest RaAmon

Perhaps generate a TPT and apply it it is not such a good idea if you are not familiar with CWM, etc.

Accepts the suggestion of C3C0 ... i'd like to take a look at his personal ROM, so take advantage of it!

Guest MrDetonator

Perhaps generate a TPT and apply it it is not such a good idea if you are not familiar with CWM, etc.

Accepts the suggestion of C3C0 ... i'd like to take a look at his personal ROM, so take advantage of it!

He always changes ROM's to fix errors that users report here...

Guest C3C0

New version will be up soon. Containing all the previous fixes, some unnecessary apps removed, new kernel

with volume boosted.

Will fit on 150MB partition.

Guest MrDetonator

New version will be up soon. Containing all the previous fixes, some unnecessary apps removed, new kernel

with volume boosted.

Will fit on 150MB partition.

Great news!

Guest C3C0

Here it is: http://tinyw.in/51BR (MD5 checksum: e002fe2e9577c4e43ee5be41a838cffd)

crnadakm will update the first and second post when he comes online.

Use upgrade instructions if upgrading.

Changelog:

- contains all the previous patches

- unnecessary apps removed

- fits on 150MB system

- latest kernel with volume boost

Edited by C3C0