3 replies to this topic

Iain_L

Iain_L

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Defy, Huawei G300
Hi,

I have been trying to find a way of ensuring photos/videos I take go into the DCIM folder on my extra SD card that I have fitted. At the moment it seems a bit random, with some going onto the original 2 gig card installed, and some going onto the 16 gig card that I fitted. I have trawled through the settings and can't seem to find one to help.

I did wonder if it was anything to do with having USB debugging ticked, but unticking it doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Thanks for any help

Iain

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
where else are they being saved, other than dcim? USB debugging totally different and nothing to do with photos or camera.

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD
Usb debugging has no effect on this,just about everyone here has it enabled,including myself.
I wonder did you start using the internal sd card before using an external one ?
Its possible android system is confused(if thats possible :lol:)as to the correct location of DCIM,seeing as there are now two folders called that.
I would say,move the photos from internal to external DCIM and delete internal DCIM folder,that should solve your problem.

Iain_L

Iain_L

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Defy, Huawei G300
Thanks for your help guys. I had started using the internal card before the external one, so I have now deleted the DCIM folder on the internal card. Perhaps using the internal one first may expain a lot of the other seemingly duplicated folders I have on the memory cards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users