deleted

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

That makes it even more confusing.lol

I reflash old ten see if it still working for me.

WTF! just flashed original 10 and now that one is giving me funny colors,but worked perfectly earlier?

have you tried wiping dalvic cache, lol im totally lost

have you re-flashed a rom since testing 10? or applied any new things ?

I just done another clean install of Kiri then flashed mod 10 which worked before,and it does not work now? I going to tar another look at that screenshot that I took after test 10

Oh I see now,I took that shot with a screenshot app I had,as I was not looking at screenshot color with that test it was the text on menu which is why the screenshot is of that....

So now I a not so sure the color was correct in any of screenshots.lol If it was correct in 10 flashing it again should work.

Please someone else help with the testing,more accounts are needed.

I am seriously confused as it worked and now it does not,so if others test the answer may be revealed.

Anyone ?

Edited by Guest

Guest tillaz

I just done another clean install of Kiri then flashed mod 10 which worked before,and it does not work now? I going to tar another look at that screenshot that I took after test 10

Oh I see now,I took that shot with a screenshot app I had,as I was not looking at screenshot color with that test it was the text on menu which is why the screenshot is of that....

So now I a not so sure the color was correct in any of screenshots.lol If it was correct in 10 flashing it again should work.

Please someone else help with the testing,more accounts are needed.

I am seriously confused as it worked and now it does not,so if others test the answer may be revealed.

Anyone ?

try this, old version i kept as a back up: LINK

we do need 1 or 2 more people though :)

funny as I just went back for that one as its the last one I said was fully working but the link from that post is dead.

I try again......please someone else,you want features guys,you have to do your part too.

Ok that one definately not working now :wacko:

So its down to you guys,its no drama,backup in CWM,

flash tillaz mod,

then when you done testing go to CWM,

advanced restore,

restore system....5min work.

I am open to any suggestions tillaz,anything you think I should try I will do so ?

Edited by Guest

Guest tillaz

funny as I just went back for that one as its the last one I said was fully working but the link from that post is dead.

I try again......please someone else,you want features guys,you have to do your part too.

Ok that one definately not working now wacko.png

So its down to you guys,its no drama,backup in CWM,

flash tillaz mod,

then when you done testing go to CWM,

advanced restore,

restore system....5min work.

I am open to any suggestions tillaz,anything you think I should try I will do so ?

still orange or just not booting?

Screenshots are orange,everything else works fine.

Some of the screenshot apps on market have a correcting feature,I remember using one a week or so ago(many wipes & flashes ago.lol)

And the screenshots where orange with one of screenshot apps I tried ?

Edited by Guest

Guest eirlysbill1

Just went to test this this morning and plugged in to load the mod on the phone, but and I can't see my sd card when connected via usb. First time I can remember that happening. Have enabled USB storage. It does see the internal memory (once storage is on) and as always the mobile partner always loads at plug in. The pc is an XP sp3.

Windows calls the device a android adapter (can't remember if that's normal or not, I usually just gloss over that)

Have tried numerous times and re-booted pc twice, no joy. I have unticked something simple? I'm lost on this one.

Thanks for any help

Guest timfimjim

Just went to test this this morning and plugged in to load the mod on the phone, but and I can't see my sd card when connected via usb. First time I can remember that happening. Have enabled USB storage. It does see the internal memory (once storage is on) and as always the mobile partner always loads at plug in. The pc is an XP sp3.

Windows calls the device a android adapter (can't remember if that's normal or not, I usually just gloss over that)

Have tried numerous times and re-booted pc twice, no joy. I have unticked something simple? I'm lost on this one.

Thanks for any help

Have you tried mounting usb storage through clockwork mod recovery?

Guest timfimjim

Anyone tested yet ?

Testing now. By the way I'm using a modified paul's and not Kiri.

Reboot to recovery, normal reboot and power off all working perfectly. Silent and Aeroplane also flawless.

Screenshot has dodgy colours, like what Jikobutsu said.

Also sometimes takes the shot whilst the menu's still there.

Couple other things too - Flashing it changed my wallpaper (maybe this is because I'm not on Kiri). Also the text size on my colornote widgets is now bigger and kinda goes outside the note (could be same explanation?)

Also I'll try screenshot without chainfire installed. Perhaps that could have something to do with it.

Edit: uninstalling chainfire had no effect. still strange colours.

Apart from the screenshot problem, thanks a lot for this mod Tillaz. Really useful to be able to boot into recovery :D

Edited by timfimjim

Your wallpaper changed as frameworkres.apk/drawable contains default wallpaper.

So your findings are same as mine then,all works well,even screenshot works,but colours are kind of inverted.

I do not have chainfire installed,so that will not make difference.

Edited by Guest

Guest timfimjim

Your wallpaper changed as frameworkres.apk/drawable contains default wallpaper.

That makes sense. Does it explain the widget text size too? I noticed Kiri had bigger text (different font but seemed bigger too)

Guest eirlysbill1

Have you tried mounting usb storage through clockwork mod recovery?

just tried and no joy, when I do windows show two addtional drives: one is calls a CD drive and other removable. Clicked on both and it can't find anything. I'm stuck. I'll try at home later, see if its the pc itself?

Guest timfimjim

Does your phone recognise the sd card fine?

You could always go to this site on your phone and download the test straight to sd card if you want to try the mod

Guest eirlysbill1

yeah the phone sees the sd card. Weird. Don't have a data contract, so I'll try it at home on a different pc or on wifi. Cheers

Guest tillaz

Stock,as in not deodexed one or Paul's deodexed?

original stock if any one has it, but pauls will do if its not themed

stock would be best though

frameworkres.apk from pauls rom untouched by me :lol:

http://www.mediafire...l86hjfnk54ruaj4

Tillaz as we dont have any overclocking yet,do you know any good tweaks to increase performance ?

I have already added a few build.prop tweaks but nothing special:

ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0

debug.performance.tuning=1

debug.sf.hw=1 (was already enabled)

persist.sys.purgeable_assets=1

Edited by Guest

Guest eirlysbill1

Reboot to recovery, normal reboot and power off all working perfectly. Silent and Aeroplane also flawless.

Screenshot has dodgy colours, like what Jikobutsu said.

Also sometimes takes the shot whilst the menu's still there

+1

all great except the screenshot (non-issue for me, never used it before) Only thing I can add is that it looks like blues go to orange, but reds turn to purple.

no probs connecting with another pc tonight, no clue what happened on work's pc this morning

+1 on thanks too, Tillaz

Cheers

Guest timfimjim

ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0

debug.sf.hw=1 (was already enabled)

persist.sys.purgeable_assets=1

Don't think I've put the kernel and the purging assets ones in. Do you know what they do?

These are the ones I added:

changed vm heapsize from 38 (default) - 44m

persist.adb.notify=0 (gets rid of notification for usb debugging)

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=150

persist.sys.use_dithering=0 (do not use surface dithering)

pm.sleep_mode=1 (battery saving)

wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=150 (battery saving)

video.accelerate.hw=1

Edited by timfimjim

I just going through xda and there are loads of build.prop tweaks,and ones above where in performance tweaks section.

The kernel check one disables some kind of kernel logging I think

And the purge one is same/similar to cm7 feature of allowing android system to release memory when needed.

There is no doubt that build.prop tweaks work,I have seen the evidence.When I had my skate,I used stock orange rom for a while as I planned to make my own rom.And the orange rom is laggy as hell,but after a few performance build.prop tweaks the rom was smooth and was very usable.

Attached is all the build.prop tweaks I use,I save them all to this txt file so I can add to it when I find new ones,and also easy to copy and paste them to a new build.prop.

Build.prop-tweaks.txt

Edited by Guest

Guest timfimjim

Awesome, thanks jikobutsu! Definitely remember seeing some of these in skate / blade ROMs haha

Is it possible to add this mod to Paul's ROM by just replacing / adding the following files in the original ROM with the ones in the download zip?

screenshot.apk

screenshot (in the bin folder)

android.policy.jar

framework.jar

framework-res.apk

Thanks

Edit: tried it and screenshot didn't work "Error: Unable to save screenshot: mBitmap = null"

Edited by timfimjim