DistortedLoop

DistortedLoop

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Devices:GalaxyNexus, HTC One X, SGS2
  • Twitter:@distortedloop
Ugh, this is frustrating. Way too much time screwing around with this to be able to use my phone instead of the actual card at the precious few places that take Wallet to begin with.

Was working perfectly until as previously mentioned the damned market auto-updated the app.

Try to wipe and install again:

E/DeviceCapabilityManagerImpl( 6289): OperatorName=AT&T, Operator=310410, Product=htc_jewel, Model=htc_jewel not supported

Okay, change it to Galaxy Nexus, yakju and maguro per the SGS3 hack. Don't get the "not supported" any more, but perpetually stuck at "adding account".

Force stop, clear data, reboot several times. Repeat. Restore data only from TiBu (didn't work). Force stop, clear, reboot again. Finally, took a very long time, but appears to be installed again.

Edited by DistortedLoop, 07 September 2012 - 05:11 AM.

DistortedLoop

DistortedLoop

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
@Paul- Your app on the Nexus or Galaxy S3 doesn't appear to be linked to the Market, but on the One X it is. One X is only phone that I have that keeps getting messages to update Wallet when a new version comes out. Any ideas why that would be?

borgsta

borgsta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
Can't get this installed on my Xperia s. Just comes back with "application not installed".

Changes permissions, build prop, owner group, put in both system and data folders.

The stock Google wallet app installs but won't run (unsupported device as expected) but at least it installs.

Any suggestions or something obvious that i have missed.

Rooted Xperia S
Ics 6.1.A.245

Edited by borgsta, 07 September 2012 - 08:28 AM.

Hammermann

Hammermann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus G E-970 (AT&T)
  • Twitter:@axelhammermann

@Paul- Your app on the Nexus or Galaxy S3 doesn't appear to be linked to the Market, but on the One X it is. One X is only phone that I have that keeps getting messages to update Wallet when a new version comes out. Any ideas why that would be?

Paul's latest patch does not require you to change the prop.build so I get the message from Market that the Phone is not compatible. This get around the auto update issue for sure. To bad i'm stuck on adding account.

DistortedLoop

DistortedLoop

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Paul's latest patch does not require you to change the prop.build so I get the message from Market that the Phone is not compatible. This get around the auto update issue for sure. To bad i'm stuck on adding account.

Ah, that's good to know. I'd asked Paul about this a while back, but didn't realize he'd fixed it.

That might explain why my HTC One X asks to update; it's using the original apk - and I used the same apk off my sdcard to reinstall. My SGS3 I downloaded a fresh copy to use to install. I'm not sure which version my VZW Galaxy Nexus has on it.

I'll probably wait to reinstall when the latest version gets hacked.

ogdobber

ogdobber

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

with the market version the build.prop needs to be changed to "galaxy nexus" for the s3 and it will stop working if you go back to stock. best to turn off auto-updates and/or uninstall updates and wait for the patched version

DistortedLoop

DistortedLoop

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

with the market version the build.prop needs to be changed to "galaxy nexus" for the s3 and it will stop working if you go back to stock. best to turn off auto-updates and/or uninstall updates and wait for the patched version

But Paul's version you can change back to proper device identifiers?

I've got issues with other apps not wanting to install because they think my device is not supported while using the Wallet-friendly build.prop

ogdobber

ogdobber

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

But Paul's version you can change back to proper device identifiers?

I've got issues with other apps not wanting to install because they think my device is not supported while using the Wallet-friendly build.prop

yes, with paul's patched wallet and the sgs3 i had to change the build.prop to add cards, but after that I changed back with no problems

Hammermann

Hammermann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Ah, that's good to know. I'd asked Paul about this a while back, but didn't realize he'd fixed it.

That might explain why my HTC One X asks to update; it's using the original apk - and I used the same apk off my sdcard to reinstall. My SGS3 I downloaded a fresh copy to use to install. I'm not sure which version my VZW Galaxy Nexus has on it.

I'll probably wait to reinstall when the latest version gets hacked.

Ya hang on for the next patch. As it turned out I did have to edit the prop.build to ad the card.

ogdobber

ogdobber

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
paul, sorry a little of topic, but in regards to the Disabled Jelly Bean 'disable apps on boot' feature on your n7 rom...some users, specifically in canada (as well as others) are reporting that after an ota update from the carrier (still ics) the wallet app is "disappearing" even though it is still in system/app, is it possible that they have implemented this feature in ics? and can it be disabled after the fact?

RayYung

RayYung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:ATT Vivid, Nexus 7, HOX
Paul,

Any chance you will be patching 1.5-R79-v5?

I really appreciate it. Thx,

borgsta

borgsta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
Could anything in the build prop stop this from installing?

Edited by borgsta, 10 September 2012 - 09:12 PM.

tasomaniac

tasomaniac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Devices:Google Nexus One, HTC Hero
  • Twitter:@tasomaniac
Finally get it working on my Jelly Bean Galaxy Nexus with root explorer. ES and Solid Explorer did not work.
Did not change the permissions after copying with Root Explorer which was rw-rw-r--

Robert Davidson

Robert Davidson

Robert Davidson

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S3, Asus Transformer
  • Twitter:@bangorbob
I used to have Wallet working perfectly on my S3 when running ICS, since I've upgraded to Jellybean im having problems getting it up and running again. Does the build prop have to be modified with the same changes for JB, I've tried doing it this way by my phone refuses to boot properly with the modded bulld prop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DistortedLoop

DistortedLoop

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
<deleted> Tapatalk mutilated the message. :(

Edited by DistortedLoop, 13 September 2012 - 12:43 PM.

DistortedLoop

DistortedLoop

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
Hey this is weird. I woke up this morning to a notification that Google Wallet had updated (despite auto-update on it being turned off, and despite having just used TiBu to detach it from the Market). This happened before with the latest version, blast it. How the heck does that happen? Really annoying.

When that happened, Wallet wouldn't even open past the splash screen. I had to wipe it from the phone and reinstall the MoDaCo version.

Here's the really weird part: I tried opening Wallet, and it worked. Entered my PIN, and everything's there; Prepaid card w/proper balance, all my credit cards, etc. I went to App Settings on the phone, and it shows Wallet as updated to r-79-v5 and has the uninstall updates available. TiBu also reports it as updated.

What the heck could be going on; as mentioned, when this happened a few weeks ago, the app wouldn't even open, now it updates and works fine (well, I haven't tried making a payment anywhere).

Has anyone else had this happen? Anyone willing to try to update via the Market to test for same results?

I wonder if this will survive a reboot.

Any suggestions at this point?

Screenshot_2012-09-13-05-27-43.png Screenshot_2012-09-13-05-27-05.png

Edited by DistortedLoop, 13 September 2012 - 12:43 PM.

adam1000rr

adam1000rr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S3
  • Twitter:@DjAdamHarriman

I used to have Wallet working perfectly on my S3 when running ICS, since I've upgraded to Jellybean im having problems getting it up and running again. Does the build prop have to be modified with the same changes for JB, I've tried doing it this way by my phone refuses to boot properly with the modded bulld prop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had to modify the build.prop on my S3 (JB - LI5) to add the Google Prepaid Card, after that I reverted to the original values and it still works.

adam1000rr

adam1000rr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S3
  • Twitter:@DjAdamHarriman
I managed to add all of my credit cards (with the build.prop mod, wasn't working with standard S3 settings).
I haven't tried using my S3 to pay for anything yet as the only place here in Italy with PayPass terminals is McDonald's..

I'll try next time I go :)

Hammermann

Hammermann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Just installed CM10 Jelly Bean rom (nightly build) I got GW installed and did the edit to the build.prop no problem but got stuck on activation. I replaced the NFC libs but now the NFC option is not in settings! This happened before in ICS but I can't remember how I fixed it! If only we could be paid a $1 per hour we spend on this...

ogdobber

ogdobber

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Just installed CM10 Jelly Bean rom (nightly build) I got GW installed and did the edit to the build.prop no problem but got stuck on activation. I replaced the NFC libs but now the NFC option is not in settings! This happened before in ICS but I can't remember how I fixed it! If only we could be paid a $1 per hour we spend on this...

the libs you replaced won't work on cm10...besides cm already has the correct ones. use the "galaxy nexus" build.prop and it should work

ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
ro.product.name=yakju
ro.product.device=maguro

Edited by ogdobber, 13 September 2012 - 05:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users