762 replies to this topic

Hammermann

Hammermann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus G E-970 (AT&T)
  • Twitter:@axelhammermann

the libs you replaced won't work on cm10...besides cm already has the correct ones. use the "galaxy nexus" build.prop and it should work

ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
ro.product.name=yakju
ro.product.device=maguro

ogdobber you are bang on my man! Works like a charm. Thanks again for your help.

Robert Davidson

Robert Davidson

Robert Davidson

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S3, Asus Transformer
  • Twitter:@bangorbob

I had to modify the build.prop on my S3 (JB - LI5) to add the Google Prepaid Card, after that I reverted to the original values and it still works.

I'm still having problems with this, would you be able to post a copy of your build prop for me, hoping this will help.

Drawde40599

Drawde40599

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Looks like Google is forcing u to update now , I've been using last version with no issue still haven't updated , and just now when I opened Google wallet a message pop up said " this version no longer supported please update " and it tries to force u to play store ....

Any1 no if Paul is working on this new version ? Im sure there is a working version already somewhere else on xda or something but I wouldn't trust many other dev's with this sort of app ;) t

adam1000rr

adam1000rr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S3
  • Twitter:@DjAdamHarriman

I'm still having problems with this, would you be able to post a copy of your build prop for me, hoping this will help.

Same message about updating here, I guess uploading my build.prop will not help until the new version is patched..

adam1000rr

adam1000rr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
I just Tweeted Paul about it and he responded he will be patching the new version, I did not ask for an ETA though ;)

indolent02

indolent02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Looks like Google is forcing u to update now , I've been using last version with no issue still haven't updated , and just now when I opened Google wallet a message pop up said " this version no longer supported please update " and it tries to force u to play store ....

Any1 no if Paul is working on this new version ? Im sure there is a working version already somewhere else on xda or something but I wouldn't trust many other dev's with this sort of app

Same here. Now I can't reset the app before installing this patched version.

Edited by indolent02, 14 September 2012 - 03:25 PM.

alu0506

alu0506

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:nexus s
Okay, This is really weird. Last Night GW on my Nexus S was working fine but then this morning I realized it had dissapeared. I went into root explorer and tried to reinstall it but as soon as I rebooted the phone I got an error. I it still did not show up in the app drawer but it showed up as frosted on titanium backup. De-frosted and it showed up. Now when I open wallet I get the "This Version of the Google Wallet app is no longer supported. Please Download the latest version from Android Market" when I click update it says "Your Devic isn't compatible with this version. " Whats Happening?

votdfak

votdfak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4
  • Twitter:@votdfak
Same here... Wallet just disappeared, I can defrost it using Titanium, but when I restart... Wallet stops with msg "Unfortunately Google Wallet Has Stopped Working"

Edited by votdfak, 15 September 2012 - 05:30 PM.

Nexus 4

alu0506

alu0506

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Funny thing though...I just checked my gw online account and the app seems to still be registered to my account:Posted Image

Edited by alu0506, 15 September 2012 - 06:06 PM.

Drawde40599

Drawde40599

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Same here. Now I can't reset the app before installing this patched version.

this current patched version don't work anymore anyway, and I'm sure Paul having same issue and will have a way For us all to get working. ..

Edited by Drawde40599, 15 September 2012 - 11:00 PM.

osm0sis

osm0sis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well.. It's not looking good for all of us using the patched Wallet that have any money tied up on the prepaid card.

http://www.google.co...fund/index.html

First of all we're locked out of resetting Wallet due to the upgrade notification, which means we can't even reset it on wallet.google.com since it doesn't see our device as connected, and to get access again when there is a new patched Wallet we risk secure element errors.

Without a new patched wallet today (or maybe tomorrow, though I'm not sure what time internationally Google will put it into effect) when Wallet is reset we won't be able to re-add our Prepaid cards, meaning the money on it will be likely be lost. Google says you can have the money refunded to you, but I'm not too sure many of us want to have to explain our fake AVS addresses on the BuyFromPowerSeller cards we added the funds from.

:(

alu0506

alu0506

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
my device still shows up. Should I disable it?

DistortedLoop

DistortedLoop

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Devices:GalaxyNexus, HTC One X, SGS2
  • Twitter:@distortedloop
Paul tweeted the other day that he was having trouble with Wallet himself, and that he would patch it on Monday.

adam1000rr

adam1000rr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
The latest version has been patched on the XDA forums: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1810282

Has anyone tried it?

Edit:
Ok so I tried it out.. Wallet let me login but then said my default address was outside of the US..
So I changed my default address to my uncles (who lives in S.F.) and bang! I'm In with all my cards appearing..
My Google PrePaid card is missing though, and with it the option to add it again..

Edited by adam1000rr, 19 September 2012 - 12:40 PM.

skeeter1

skeeter1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus (US Verizon)

The latest version has been patched on the XDA forums: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1810282

Has anyone tried it?

Edit:
Ok so I tried it out.. Wallet let me login but then said my default address was outside of the US..
So I changed my default address to my uncles (who lives in S.F.) and bang! I'm In with all my cards appearing..
My Google PrePaid card is missing though, and with it the option to add it again..

Yep. I've tried it as well. It works (VZW, US) but with the "unsupported device" banner. No biggee.

My Goog pre-pay card is still there and it worked as well...

Robert Davidson

Robert Davidson

Robert Davidson

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S3, Asus Transformer
  • Twitter:@bangorbob

Has anyone tried it?

Edit:

I have installed the latest wallet 1.5-R79-v5 and changed the build prop but now im getting the Google Wallet is not currently available in your country, is this the correct wallet apk?

Thanks in Advance

Edit - Got it sorted, wallet now up and running with Virtual Card added, as the prepaid card is no longer available what happens to the balance that was on it.

Edited by Robert Davidson, 19 September 2012 - 06:04 PM.

Avon

Avon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus

I have installed the latest wallet 1.5-R79-v5 and changed the build prop but now im getting the Google Wallet is not currently available in your country, is this the correct wallet apk?

Thanks in Advance

Edit - Got it sorted, wallet now up and running with Virtual Card added, as the prepaid card is no longer available what happens to the balance that was on it.

What virtual card are you using?

People are mentioning that they're adding prepaid cards into Google Wallet. Could someone who has successfully added a prepaid card tell us which company they got it from? It seems like this is now the only option for those outside the US.

votdfak

votdfak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4
  • Twitter:@votdfak
I've tried it on my HOX CM10, but no luck. Cannot get Wallet to appear in app drawer, also I don't see Wallet in Titanium. Strange...

Nexus 4

rufree2talk

rufree2talk

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, Andy Pad Pro
  • Twitter:@varuncjain

Edit - Got it sorted

Can you please share how you fixed this?

adam1000rr

adam1000rr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

I've tried it on my HOX CM10, but no luck. Cannot get Wallet to appear in app drawer, also I don't see Wallet in Titanium. Strange...

Did you just install the apk? You need to copy it to /system/app and set permissions to rw-r--r--

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users