• Please log in to reply
762 replies to this topic

Ron Giordano

Ron Giordano

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:evo lte

I have tried everything too. Still working on it. Will let you know if I get it working.

i switched phones to toeh Sprint HTC one, and still had the issue. but somehow, miraculously, i got it to work. I have no idea how or if its repeatable

Installed Xposed on phone, ran prog, hit install and rebooted
Installed This wallet - https://www.dropbox....1.6-R96-v16.apk but did not open the program
Installed the Modaco Wallet Module, enabled it in the Xposed program and rebooted
Installed the Modaco Pro Toolkit (free at the moment), enabled the module in exposed, and rebooted
Ran wallet and it set up instantly.

Give it a try and let me know

ogdobber

ogdobber

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Redid the steps on a different ROM and I still have the issue of Wallet closing after the 5 minute set up screen. Paul, is this the fact that I have a AT&T HTC One and the security files have been removed yet again?

I never got it working on my One as yet...

P

and all this time paul i thought you had it working on the ONE....that explains it all!

ok, here is the deal. the secure element is not enabled on the gsm model roms that are available. it will work on the sprint htc one because the secure element is enabled.
In the past (galaxy s3) we were able to steal the libs from a sprint s3 and got it working on the gsm s3's.

for the one, I have tried flashing the same files we used before, I got them from the a sprint rom...but I am still seeing "no smx detected" ...there is obviously another (new) file I need...

fyi, the galaxy s4 is having the same problem...working with those guys too. the solution should point the way for all.

until then, I am rocking the xperia z, and yes wallet works beautifully

Edited by ogdobber, 06 May 2013 - 12:15 AM.

agriff

agriff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

and all this time paul i thought you had it working on the ONE....that explains it all!

ok, here is the deal. the secure element is not enabled on the gsm model roms that are available. it will work on the sprint htc one because the secure element is enabled.
In the past (galaxy s3) we were able to steal the libs from a sprint s3 and got it working on the gsm s3's.

for the one, I have tried flashing the same files we used before, I got them from the a sprint rom...but I am still seeing "no smx detected" ...there is obviously another (new) file I need...

fyi, the galaxy s4 is having the same problem...working with those guys too. the solution should point the way for all.

until then, I am rocking the xperia z, and yes wallet works beautifully

I'm not certain this will be of any help to anyone not running a Touchwiz ROM, but I pulled these CSC edits from the Sprint Galaxy S3 (only US GS3 with official Google Wallet functionality)

<CscFeature_NFC_SetSecureEventType>GOOGLE</CscFeature_NFC_SetSecureEventType>
<CscFeature_NFC_SetAccessControlType>NONE</CscFeature_NFC_SetAccessControlType>

You would add these lines to either /system/csc/feature.xml or /system/csc/others.xml if your ROM doesn't have a feature.xml

By comparison, the US at&t Galaxy S3 has the line in it's feature.xml

<CscFeature_NFC_SetSecureEventType>ISIS</CscFeature_NFC_SetSecureEventType>

but does not have the 2nd line, at all.
...hoping this adds to solving the mystery.

tithefug

tithefug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

i switched phones to toeh Sprint HTC one, and still had the issue. but somehow, miraculously, i got it to work. I have no idea how or if its repeatable

Installed This wallet - https://www.dropbox....1.6-R96-v16.apk but did not open the program
Installed the Modaco Wallet Module, enabled it in the Xposed program and rebooted
Installed the Modaco Pro Toolkit (free at the moment), enabled the module in exposed, and rebooted

I tried this, but now I'm getting

"Device Not Ready"
Wallet is unable to proceed until this device is fully initialized. Make sure the device has network access and try rebooting if the problem persists.

Before trying this, I was able to initialize Wallet, but it would fail to authorize cards.

Any suggestions?

Edited by tithefug, 06 May 2013 - 03:47 PM.

Ron Giordano

Ron Giordano

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:evo lte

I tried this, but now I'm getting

"Device Not Ready"
Wallet is unable to proceed until this device is fully initialized. Make sure the device has network access and try rebooting if the problem persists.

Before trying this, I was able to initialize Wallet, but it would fail to authorize cards.

Any suggestions?

none, i followed my own steps above on a new rom and it worked for me again... I have no idea.

XeoNoX

XeoNoX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:TMO Samsung S4
tried this on my TMO Galaxy S4 i installed along with the build.prop edit and the Sprint S4 NFC files and i still get the following error:
"Sorry, this device is not yet supported. We are working to add support. Please Check Market later for updates."

Any ideas??

mikejr83

mikejr83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Verizon S3
Paul, first I'd like to thank you for your previous patched Wallet apks. It makes me upset that carrier politics hurt the consumer and it takes this level of work to get something so trivial working.

I have security concerns about the Xposed framework and don't want to install it on my devices. I've been working to patch the latest wallet version myself. I've looked at the smali generated by pulling apart your last patched wallet apk and also what you did in your xposed module. I think I have a patched apk together, but when attempting to sign it I get an error telling me that I have insufficient privileges and that there are insufficient secure element privileges for this system (test-keys). I think I'm signing the apk wrong.

Would you be able to pass along how you signed the wallet apk so that it would run? Thanks!

EDIT: Here's the post with a screencap of the issue and apks that I generated http://forum.xda-dev...5&postcount=160

Edited by mikejr83, 11 May 2013 - 04:25 PM.

agreen123

agreen123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey Paul! I'll buy you a phone of your choice if you can figure out how to get Wallet running on an AT&T HTC One :)

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,226 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien

Paul, first I'd like to thank you for your previous patched Wallet apks. It makes me upset that carrier politics hurt the consumer and it takes this level of work to get something so trivial working.

I have security concerns about the Xposed framework and don't want to install it on my devices. I've been working to patch the latest wallet version myself. I've looked at the smali generated by pulling apart your last patched wallet apk and also what you did in your xposed module. I think I have a patched apk together, but when attempting to sign it I get an error telling me that I have insufficient privileges and that there are insufficient secure element privileges for this system (test-keys). I think I'm signing the apk wrong.

Would you be able to pass along how you signed the wallet apk so that it would run? Thanks!

EDIT: Here's the post with a screencap of the issue and apks that I generated http://forum.xda-dev...5&postcount=160

You can't sign them, you have to zip the classes.dex into the original APK and push to /system rather than installing normally.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

kierenp601

kierenp601

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S4 (i9505)
  • Twitter:@kierybear
Hi guys,

I've done everything as suggested but upon launching wallet I'm getting 'insufficient secure element privileges for this system image (release keys)' I'm running un-branded firmware for the Galaxy S4 4.2.2, build XXUAMDM. :)

Any help would be appreciated! :)

jt122333221

jt122333221

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC One

I followed these steps and got to the Setup page (the page saying it may take up to 5 minutes to set up Wallet). I let it sit for quite some time and after about 3-5 minutes, it force closes. I used both the single mod and the MoDaCo toolkit's mod, but Wallet still won't complete setup. I have an unlocked HTC One and I've tried build.prop edits, and other Xposed mods but this is the closest I've gotten to a working Wallet app. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

agreen123

agreen123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I followed these steps and got to the Setup page (the page saying it may take up to 5 minutes to set up Wallet). I let it sit for quite some time and after about 3-5 minutes, it force closes.

I'm guessing you're on AT&T; there's a post in this thread that mentions that the AT&T roms do not have the "secure element" enabled. I think it's on page 37 or 38. At any rate, we're still hoping that one of the gurus figures out a workaround. I'm offering a bounty for whoever does :)

jt122333221

jt122333221

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC One

I'm guessing you're on AT&T; there's a post in this thread that mentions that the AT&T roms do not have the "secure element" enabled. I think it's on page 37 or 38. At any rate, we're still hoping that one of the gurus figures out a workaround. I'm offering a bounty for whoever does :)

You can consider me on AT&T, but it's an unlocked version (bought through HTC), so it shouldn't matter that it's on AT&T's network. Definitely hope someone can figure this out though.

ShermCraig

ShermCraig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Has anyone using an HTC One gotten this working yet? I'm also getting the "insufficient secure element..." error as well. Help!

jonovw

jonovw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G600 (U8950N-51
Every time I try install this on my phone it just say application not installed and doesn't work.

master of mayhem

master of mayhem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Paul, I am getting the same error on my rooted xperia z (C6606.. the t-mobile version). The xposed framework allowed me to install the app, bit that was it. I have edited the build.prop to show NFC to use the secure element. Can you help?

Edited by master of mayhem, 28 July 2013 - 03:40 AM.

ShermCraig

ShermCraig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Has anyone using an HTC One gotten this working yet? I'm also getting the "insufficient secure element..." error as well. Help!

Is it safe to say that at this point, Wallet is not being supported if you are on a network other than Sprint?

kamikaze666

kamikaze666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Nexus S I9023
Hey guys,

So here's what I tried. I have an international HTC One X (Tegra 3 version) and I tried the Xposed framework mod for Google Wallet. I edited the build.prop file to show as if I was using a Galaxy Nexus, rebooted and all went well, Wallet opened and I could use it just fine.

The problem came when I reverted the build.prop changes and rebooted. Here I got in 2 sticky situations:

1. The first time, the phone rebooted, showed the spalsh screen and the bootanimation and got into the home screen, however, the wallpaper was all messed up and after about 10 seconds it would reboot by itself. It did this repeatedly;
2. The second time, the phone rebooted and would stay on the main HTC splash screen, but it would not go to the bootanimation and boot up Android.

I am using CM10.1.2 and fortunately I made a Nandroid Backup so I was able to revert the changes.

Does anyone know why these 2 errors occured? I really want to use GW but, unfortunately, it's not available in my country.

andygeog

andygeog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
So, I'm running the latest version of the N4 ROM and Wallet just got an update.

Being something I've been frustrated with for a while (along with most outside the US) I've not played with it for a while however after the update I opened it & my UK cards are listed there.

Will this work in M&S?

Attached Thumbnails

• 1379641451477.jpg

HamsterHam

HamsterHam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD, Asus Nexus 7

So, I'm running the latest version of the N4 ROM and Wallet just got an update.

Being something I've been frustrated with for a while (along with most outside the US) I've not played with it for a while however after the update I opened it & my UK cards are listed there.

Will this work in M&S?

No. No UK cards work. Tried it today and said international transactions are not supported.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users