* * * * * 5 votes

• Please log in to reply
762 replies to this topic

DaveTudou

DaveTudou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Using a US address that matches that which you've configured for the card right? In the card management the address is showing up right?

Be careful you don't leave < $20 on your card, as minimum Wallet topup is $20.

P

Thanks for tip!

Yes I see my USUnlocked address in the giftcard Card Information page, I'm using the exact same address and phone number for adding in the app (should i remove the #?)

The address looks like this but with a 5 digit number instead of NNNNN

Address: 100B MAIN AVENUE SUITE# NNNNN ELMWOOD PARK, NJ 07407 USA

munkiii

munkiii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Just got free dinner at Greggs. Cheers.

Only got $3.75 left now though and don't want to pay to top it up. Seems as though i've got to wait for the UK launch.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien

Thanks for tip!

Yes I see my USUnlocked address in the giftcard Card Information page, I'm using the exact same address and phone number for adding in the app (should i remove the #?)

The address looks like this but with a 5 digit number instead of NNNNN

Address: 100B MAIN AVENUE SUITE# NNNNN ELMWOOD PARK, NJ 07407 USA

Yup, that's exactly the same as mine!

Not sure why that's not working then... 'try again later'? Reboot and try again? *clutching-at-straws*

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts

Just got free dinner at Greggs. Cheers.

Only got $3.75 left now though and don't want to pay to top it up. Seems as though i've got to wait for the UK launch.

Hey man, free dinner ain't to be sniffed at. :D

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

mydedis

mydedis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

The APK has 3 features that I patched out. The first was a device check - the app will now work on any device. Of course you need to have NFC for it to be useful! I tested on a HTC One X successfully (as you can see in the screenshots above) but of course YMMV.

I assume the device must be supported by Google Wallet: not just any NFC phone, correct?

Rocky7

Rocky7

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
US Unlocked is a fail when trying to topup.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts

US Unlocked is a fail when trying to topup.

Gah, thanks for the heads up.

P

Posted Image

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts

I assume the device must be supported by Google Wallet: not just any NFC phone, correct?

Er, that's the point, this should work on any NFC phone.

P

Posted Image

DaveTudou

DaveTudou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Yup, that's exactly the same as mine!

Not sure why that's not working then... 'try again later'? Reboot and try again? *clutching-at-straws*

P

Tried all that, gonna try waiting it out. Found a similar guy with same error and he said it just worked a week later.

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i9305
  • Twitter:@meritez
Hi Paul,

could you post a clockworkmod zip, and will you be adding this to all the MCR kitchens for devices that support NFC?

kitfm

kitfm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:HTX One X (AT&T)
  • Twitter:@kitfm
I tried to install this on my AT&T One X, moved it to /system/app, set rwx rw- rw-, and I'm getting this error when I start up:

Insufficient Privileges. Insufficient secure element privileges for this system image (release-keys)

wicksta

wicksta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Bah still no joy on my i717 - always stuck on initializing. I've tried two WLANs as well as the packet core network and restarted, cleared data etc. to no avail. Any ideas?

I have blown the dust off my Nexus now and going to give that a go. :)

mydedis

mydedis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Er, that's the point, this should work on any NFC phone.

P

Uhm, I don't see how that could be possible. The credit card credentials are stored in the Secure Element embedded in the NFC chip.
Access to this SE is granted by some keys, which I guess Google must obtain from each OEM.
So unless Google has obtained the keys I don't see how they could be able to write the credentials in every NFC chip.

Edited by mydedis, 30 May 2012 - 01:14 PM.

wicksta

wicksta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Uhm, I don't see how that could be possible. The credit card credentials are stored in the Secure Element embedded in the NFC chip.
Access to this SE is granted by some keys, which I guess Google must obtain from each OEM.
So unless Google has obtained the keys I don't see how they could be able to write the credentials in every NFC chip.

This doesn't clone existing credit cards, it gives you your own 'wallet' that you can top up and then purchase things with using NFC from within Google Wallet itself. You have to top up manually first though, that's the point and why they don't need any OEM keys.

Edited by wicksta, 30 May 2012 - 01:51 PM.

mydedis

mydedis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

This doesn't clone existing credit cards, it gives you your own 'wallet' that you can top up and then purchase things with using NFC from within Google Wallet itself.

That's correct.
But the first time Wallet is started, it writes (or tries to write) credentials of a virtual credit card, which is emulated by NFC.
The underlying technology (PayPass) is the same as the one used in normal contactless cards.

wicksta

wicksta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

That's correct.
But the first time Wallet is started, it writes (or tries to write) credentials of a virtual credit card, which is emulated by NFC.
The underlying technology (PayPass) is the same as the one used in normal contactless cards.

But why would they need all other OEM keys though? The virtual credit card is a new and separate card created by Google and not an existing card from <insert random OEM here>.

Edited by wicksta, 30 May 2012 - 02:07 PM.

lpasq

lpasq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & WiFi Xoom

Bah still no joy on my i717 - always stuck on initializing. I've tried two WLANs as well as the packet core network and restarted, cleared data etc. to no avail. Any ideas?

same here on att note...rooted onlyone 4.0.4 ics

wicksta

wicksta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

same here on att note...rooted onlyone 4.0.4 ics

Same ROM as me then - I'll try a different one when I get a moment today.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,227 posts

Hi Paul,

could you post a clockworkmod zip, and will you be adding this to all the MCR kitchens for devices that support NFC?

Yes, i'll be adding it to my kitchens for NFC enabled devices.

I tried to install this on my AT&T One X, moved it to /system/app, set rwx rw- rw-, and I'm getting this error when I start up:

Insufficient Privileges. Insufficient secure element privileges for this system image (release-keys)

Hmm, have you tried to use wallet on here before? Stock ROM? I have a AT&T One X so I'll give it a try.

Strange, anything in logcat that might point to the cause?

Well, the International One X isn't Wallet certified and it works so... *shrugs*

P

Posted Image

lpasq

lpasq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & WiFi Xoom

Same ROM as me then - I'll try a different one when I get a moment today.

our dev's op changed so the list of works/broken is gone. do you recall if nfc is enabled on our rom?

i will revert to noteworthy or maybe try unofficial cm9.

i wish we had modaco kitchen for note ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users