• Please log in to reply
762 replies to this topic

dabl8

dabl8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:huawei u8160
The screen has to be unlocked for it to work, but you don't have to launch the app, is my understanding.

Edited by dabl8, 01 June 2012 - 04:46 PM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,321 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien

Well I tried to use it in the Sauchiehall Street McDonalds in Glasgow but it wouldn't work with my Nexus S. It was strange because although the pin terminals had adverts for contactless payments on them, they didn't have the contactless symbol and they were different from the terminals in every other McDonalds I've been too. I'm thinking they're advertising it but not supporting it?

Also, when you hold it against the terminal it's supposed to launch Wallet right? How does this work if you have a pattern lock on your device? I tried launching the app manually as well though - still nothing. Any tips?

Weirdness! Maybe they didn't actually have the gear just the stickers. :P

Is anyone else here using a Galaxy S3, and getting stuck on 'initialising device'? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

This is a confirmed issue, also on US Galaxy Notes. When I get my S3 i'll test!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

mmace

mmace

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Android, Amiga, technology, IT
    Can't believe how long I've been a member here!
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexs, SPAM T20 tablet
  • Twitter:@maffmace
OK, having trouble, I've used ES File Explorer, put it in System/app/
set it to same as all other apps in there which is rw- r-- r-- (also tried rwx rwx rwx)
when I start my phone up I get "Wallet has stopped" and it's not in the apps list
any chance of a zip for CWM? (I don't know the commands for adb push)
Just rooted (to get this app!) and spent 3 hours installing all my apps and setting them up, stock ROM, Galaxy Nexus

Also, have I followed this right?
BFPS is the only way we know of so far to top up from within the UK?
($69 dollars [£46] to get us $50 of credit [£33])

Edited by mmace, 02 June 2012 - 02:27 AM.

mmace

mmace

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

OK, having trouble, I've used ES File Explorer, put it in System/app/
set it to same as all other apps in there which is rw- r-- r-- (also tried rwx rwx rwx)
when I start my phone up I get "Wallet has stopped" and it's not in the apps list
any chance of a zip for CWM? (I don't know the commands for adb push)
Just rooted (to get this app!) and spent 3 hours installing all my apps and setting them up, stock ROM, Galaxy Nexus

Got it going
deleted the apk
used Root Explorer in stead, everything worked fine for some reason, signed in quickly, got my $10 within a minute of starting up the app for the 1st time

cheers Paul, much appreciated

am I right with the BFPS though?
only way in the UK at the moment? (bit of a rip off)

mydedis

mydedis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
The only reason I can think of that explains why you were able to get GW working on the HTC One X is probably because it carries the exact same NFC chip as the HTC EVO 4G LTE, which is indeed officially supported: https://support.goog...&answer=1347934

I highly doubt any of you will manage to get the S3 to work, until Google/Samsung decide so :(

Edited by mydedis, 02 June 2012 - 09:32 AM.

MrLadoodle

MrLadoodle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X

The only reason I can think of that explains why you were able to get GW working on the HTC One X is probably because it carries the exact same NFC chip as the HTC EVO 4G LTE, which is indeed officially supported: https://support.goog...&answer=1347934

I highly doubt any of you will manage to get the S3 to work, until Google/Samsung decide so :(

I think generally all phones use the same NFC Chip.

mmace

mmace

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
used it today in McDonalds, had screen unlocked, it failed, came up on till that they had to contact bank, my phone opened the app, I put in my PIN and it said to try again, so I asked them if I could try again, I did and it worked fine, had 2 members of staff trying to watch it too as they'd not seen it before

Posted Image

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,321 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Good work! Free chips! :D

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

chriscpritchard

chriscpritchard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I'm using an international HTC One X, on CM9, the apk is in /system/app, the permissions are 0644 (-rw-r--r--) and the owner:group is root:root, I rebooted (several times) and it's not showing in the launcher... what am I doing wrong!

mmace

mmace

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

I'm using an international HTC One X, on CM9, the apk is in /system/app, the permissions are 0644 (-rw-r--r--) and the owner:group is root:root, I rebooted (several times) and it's not showing in the launcher... what am I doing wrong!

didn't work for me using ES File Explorer, only worked when I used Root Explorer, it set mine to rw- rw- r--

chriscpritchard

chriscpritchard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

didn't work for me using ES File Explorer, only worked when I used Root Explorer, it set mine to rw- rw- r--

Tried using root explorer, still no!

rekoil

rekoil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Mine gets stuck on "Adding card..." :(

EDIT: Nevermind, worked after resetting the app

Edited by rekoil, 03 June 2012 - 10:20 AM.

empyyy

empyyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Mine gets stuck on "Adding card..." :(

EDIT: Nevermind, worked after resetting the app

The first time it said there was an error adding the card, after a reset it told me to call them for a manual activation and after a second reset it's stuck on "Adding card...". International One X with cm9.

dca1970

dca1970

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:one xl, htc one
Is there any way to make this work on the Rogers/ at&t version of the htc one x?
I installed but get a privileges release keys error.

*edit nevermind, i see its being worked on. Thanks!

Edited by dca1970, 03 June 2012 - 01:23 PM.

MrLadoodle

MrLadoodle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

The first time it said there was an error adding the card, after a reset it told me to call them for a manual activation and after a second reset it's stuck on "Adding card...". International One X with cm9.

I cant get it to work on CM9 One X.

chriscpritchard

chriscpritchard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I cant get it to work on CM9 One X.

You using Trip's version, or the open source version? I had issues with the open source version, where it doesn't appear in the app drawer. It works on sense based ROMs though

diamond77

diamond77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i have copied the apk to /system/app with ES File Explorer, but there are no options to change file permissions anywhere. i don't have Root Explorer and don't think it's free. what exactly do i do to set the permissions correctly? i have rebooted and the apk is still where i copied it, but there's no icon for it and it won't install. i think i can connect the phone through USB while in CWM and type an adb command from Windows, but i don't know what. i've read the thread and everyone seems to have money for Root Explorer.

also, when changing roms, when do you "reset wallet" - before you reboot into CWM and erase + install? i'm confused. it could also mean following the instructions again and choosing reset while already on the new rom, so i have to ask.

thanks!

EDIT: i have tried adb chmod 644 to the file from Windows command prompt and nothing is working. it keeps listing the help commands. please upload a CWM install zip so i can use my NFC and get the $10 sign on bonus.

Edited by diamond77, 03 June 2012 - 11:45 PM.

random1204

random1204

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:AT&T HTC One X
Tried it on stock rooted AT&T One X...not working, giving me the security error and I'm nervous about what to do..can I just delete it or am I screwed already? It's the insufficient secure keys error...

salada

salada

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X, Galaxy S3

This is a confirmed issue, also on US Galaxy Notes. When I get my S3 i'll test!

P

Thanks mate, spot on! I want some free food too. Seems all this Google cash is going straight to MacDonalds. Hahahaa

MrLadoodle

MrLadoodle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

You using Trip's version, or the open source version? I had issues with the open source version, where it doesn't appear in the app drawer. It works on sense based ROMs though

The open source version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users