Uninstalling bloatware

Guest pritsey

Guest pritsey

Hi all,

Just got a G300 and pretty much a noob on Android. I've rooted the phone, have SuperSU installed and have also installed titanium backup. I've tried to use it to uninstall a couple of things but it says that it can't find the apk. Am I doing it right?

Thanks in advance!

Craig

Guest pelago

Actually, I think a specifically titled thread like this is probably a better place to answer this question than hidden in a "how to root" thread.

Guest pritsey

I was thinking along the same lines myself - somethign which shows us specifically what we need to do to strip out the bloat.

I've tried loading Titanium Backup, but not sure I'm looking in the right area.....

Guest pritsey

I have downloaded it and cant see the coda bloat apps in there though, that's my point. Ive tried a few apps claiming to remove bloat and still unable to remove them.

Guest Davidoff59

Hardly hidden if you post a question and your waiting for an answer. Anyway, you can find the info here where you originally posted.

Please take care when removing apps at root level.

Guest Davidoff59

If not go to root browser/ system/ app.

There you will see all your system apps and an odex file beside each app. Click or long click for various options. Going out so will provide more details later if necessary

Guest pritsey

My appologies - ROM manager does appear to be removing the apps, however it takes a very long time to do it. It takes well over half an hour per app to remove and I can't seem to get it to do multiple apps together.

The reason you cannot remove the bloatware is because its not in system/app its in /cust/normal/europe/app

Edited by Guest

Guest Davidoff59

thanks kilo, was going to suggest that also. I knew there were apps in there but I deleted all mine so wasn't sure what was in there