Touch Screen Problems After placing Screen Protector (?!?)

Guest omegamoon

Guest omegamoon

This is really weird... I placed a screen protector. All went well, but after applying it, the screen doesn't respond at all.

I removed the protector, since I thought maybe I made a mistake somehow. Now the screen still does not respond at all.

I can't do anything, not even make a choice in CMW :blink:

Is my touch screen broken?? What to do?!

Does not sound good,but since all you did was apply a screen protector,I am confused.

Maybe best thing is to run update.app for stock rom as it could be just a software issue,worst case its a hardware fault.

At least if you run update.app it will be in stock condition so you can return it under sales of goods act.

Edited by Guest

Guest omegamoon

How would I get it back to stock condition then... That's kind of difficult when you're not able to touch the screen.

At least CWM needs the touch screen to select options from the menu.

Go to flibblesan pined topic "original factory roms" and download the B882 stock rom,

unzip it,

put dload folder on root of SD card,

power off device,

now power on with both volume keys pressed in.

Edited by Guest

Guest omegamoon

Go to flibblesan pined topic "original factory roms" and download the B882 stock rom,

unzip it,

put dload folder on root of SD card,

power off device,

now power on with both volume keys pressed in.

Thanks, I'll try that. I don't think it will solve the problem though, since the touch screen isn't responding in CWM also.

But then again, having the device back to stock ROM is better if I need to get it back to Vodafone. I don't like the idea of that, since I'm not living in the UK, and therefore have to wait another week for my colleague to bring it back to the UK... Oh well...

Edited by omegamoon

Guest omegamoon

Have you tried pulling the battery then switching phone on again? Just checking.

Oh yeah, several times. Doesn't work.

If you have used the B888 update.app,according to what others are saying is you cannot return to stock,but my opinion is that the update.app is basically a tpt,so any partition changes made by B888,will be changed by B882 update.app,that is my theory anyway.

Edited by Guest

Guest omegamoon

Aargh... Touch screen still doesn't work. At least I'm back now to the original B882. Thanks for the instructions jikobutsu

Any more ideas? I still don't like the idea of having to bring it back to the UK for repair. That would take ages!

I am all out of ideas sorry.

This is a very strange thing,all you did was put on a screen protector,there is no logic in the touchscreen dying from this.

I am a little worried about the build quality now,how many corners did they cut to get to the top of budget market I wonder <_<

Guest Davidoff59

Are you stuck at lockscreen by any chance? Sometimes you can get past it and then its like the phone us frozen or sever lagging? If so that happened to my first G300 which I had to return. I thought it may have been clockeworkmod that caused it but it happened randomly a few days after installing clockworkmod. Battery pull made zero difference.

Guest omegamoon

Are you stuck at lockscreen by any chance? Sometimes you can get past it and then its like the phone us frozen or sever lagging? If so that happened to my first G300 which I had to return. I thought it may have been clockeworkmod that caused it but it happened randomly a few days after installing clockworkmod. Battery pull made zero difference.

No, I "downgraded" to stock B882 just to make sure it isn't software related. Now the phone is in the start "Welcome to U8815" screen (the screen where you have to touch the Android to begin). Whatever I do, it doesn't respond to touches at all. The screen displays everything ok, the rotation works, and sometimes the 3 buttons (Menu - Home - Back) light up when touching the screen. I'm really clueless here... :wacko:

Guest Davidoff59

Sounds like my issue. Buttons would light up sometimes, other times they wouldn't. I'm sure its a hardware issue as I flashed back to stock also with no change. No issues returning it

Guest omegamoon

Sounds like my issue. Buttons would light up sometimes, other times they wouldn't. I'm sure its a hardware issue as I flashed back to stock also with no change. No issues returning it

Oh that's just... not what I want (understatement of the year) :(

It leaves me no other option I guess. Crap, this is going to take a few weeks to get this fixed

Guest FrownBreaker

Sounds like h/w problem not related to the protector. Not being funny... but you have removed the protector and not left one of the layers on the phone (e.g. the triple layer protectors) and have checked there is nothing on the screen.

Another tip might be to force a screen recalibration, not sure about the G300 but normally this happens on first boot of a new ROM / wipe all user date and you have to make sure its flat, face up on a desk away from anything near by.

None of this makes any sense applying a protector, is it possible a lot of pressure was applied or the pressure squeeze the phone's internals?

As you say sounds like a warrantee return..

Remember to wipe the phone for the return.

Edited by FrownBreaker

Guest Davidoff59

I tried factory reset after putting stock rom back on my first G300 and it would not work. The phone just rebooted so I had to change my log in password for gmail. Had to return it like that so my gmail address was still visible although I made sure to delete any emails and not do a sync or turn on data.

Guest omegamoon

Sounds like h/w problem not related to the protector. Not being funny... but you have removed the protector and not left one of the layers on the phone (e.g. the triple layer protectors) and have checked there is nothing on the screen.

It was one of the triple layer protectors found here. I have to be honest, I forgot to remove the second layer at first. Since the touch screen didn't work, I soon found out that there was another layer I had to remove. After finding out that it still didn't work, I also removed the last layer. So no, there's no screen protector left on the screen now.

Another tip might be to force a screen recalibration, not sure about the G300 but normally this happens on first boot of a new ROM / wipe all user date and you have to make sure its flat, face up on a desk away from anything near by.

I reflashed the r1-superrecovery because menu options have to be selected using the power key instead of the touch screen. Very convenient in this case. That's how I was able to wipe all data and cache. After that I reflashed the B882 stock ROM. So if there is something as a screen recalibration on first boot (I personally doubt that), than it should have been executed... Unfortunately without any effect :(

None of this makes any sense applying a protector, is it possible a lot of pressure was applied or the pressure squeeze the phone's internals?

I cleaned the screen first with a anti-static cloth. No huge amounts of pressure used there. After that I placed the protector by removing the first layer bit by bit. I used a credit card to remove any bubbles. Again without too much pressure.

As you say sounds like a warrantee return..

Remember to wipe the phone for the return.

Phone is wiped. The only problem for me now is to get it back to the UK. It won't be before the end of next week. Then I have to wait for the repair and finally I have to wait for my colleague to bring it back to me. In the most ideal case that's a two weeks wait :huh:

Guest omegamoon

I tried factory reset after putting stock rom back on my first G300 and it would not work. The phone just rebooted so I had to change my log in password for gmail. Had to return it like that so my gmail address was still visible although I made sure to delete any emails and not do a sync or turn on data.

I was able to restore the phone to stock ROM, as said in previous post, by reflashing the r1-superrecovery. This recovery app uses the power button to select options from the menus. That's how I wiped the data + cache partitions. After that I reflashed the stock ROM. It's pristine now ;)

Guest FrownBreaker

FYI there is an option under HOME-OPTIONS-PRIVACY-WIPE DATA on any android device if it boots and you have access to the GUI.

If the device is not responsive but has network access then install andriodlost via play (Push no need to touch the phone) then send a wipe phone command via SMS

Type this into dialer: *#*#2846579#*#*

This will give you various manufacturer options,there may be touch screen calibration in there.

There is something called MMITEST_II that could be where to look.

Ah just found this in using same code,

project menu,

upgrade,

touchscreen firmware upgrade.

I assume this will reset/calibrate your touchscreen.

Maybe worth a try!

Edited by Guest

Guest omegamoon

Type this into dialer: *#*#2846579#*#*

This will give you various manufacturer options,there may be touch screen calibration in there.

How would I type this in without a working touch screen :( The system is still on the opening screen, so I have to go through the setup wizard first, but I really don't know how to do this.

Interesting info though, might be useful one day.

Ah s*** sorry to early in the morning,yeah be a bit difficult with no working touchscreen,sort of overlooked the main issue a bit there ;)

So to recap,

no touchscreen in recovery or when booted,

returning to stock via update.app does nothing,

and all you done was put on a screen protector.

You probably wont want to do this,but how about taking a look inside to see if the digitizer connection has come lose ?

Obviously if there are any of those plastic cap void warrenty screws then I would leave it.

I really have no idea what you can do now but accept the worst sorry :(

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...
Guest omegamoon

For your information. My colleague brought the broker handset back to the UK for me, and returned it to Vodafone for repair. He couldn't get a replacement directly since they only do that within four days after purchase, so they said. He brought it in on Monday and got a message from Vodafone on Thursday saying it was repaired. The replacement device had a note with it saying the device was a "refurbished" one. It indeed has a different IMEI number, so they just replaced it. Good thing is that it came unlocked! Lucky me :P

4 days!

Well thats me screwed on a replacement then,I purchased mine over a month ago.

They certainly wont be repairing mine as it is total bricked :lol:

Edited by Guest