Unboxing the Orange San Diego - video!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

The Orange San Diego launches on Thursday, but we've managed to snag a unit early! We'll be posting a lot of content between now and the launch, starting with the unboxing!

The video is online in glorious 1080P, so head on over to

to view or use the embedded player below! :)

Click here to view the item

Guest whitelight

I wonder what the potential is for this phone when it comes to unlocking and custom ROMs. The Orange SF was great because it was so cheap with free unlocking and lots of custom ROMs out there, this one seems cheap enough (when you factor in how powerful it is) to be worth a look but if you can't unlock it or slap a custom ROM on there then I think most folk will avoid it.

Guest WodgeFTW

The sooner an unlock becomes available the better. Picking one up next week when im back in the UK. Hopefully there will be one available soon.

Guest Voxpop2011

My local Orange store had pre-launch model which I was able to handle. Not really sold on its 'tall' profile and coupled with the non-removal sd card, it's probably not for me.

Guest kyan31

This looks like a really nice phone, but I don't think it's worth £200 plus a £10 top up. I am very pleased with my unlocked huawei ascend G300. Also, this phone seems to have alot of app compatability problems. Maybe I will check it out once the bugs are fixed and the phone can be unlocked and rooted.

Oh and what is the build quality like? Does it have gorilla glass or anything similar?

Edited by kyan31

Guest Rem1x

This looks like a really nice phone, and but I don't think it's worth £200 plus a £10 top up. I am very pleased with my unlocked huawei ascend G300. Also, this phone seems to have alot of app compatability problems. Maybe I will check it out once the bugs are fixed and the phone can be unlocked and rooted.

Oh and what is the build quality like? Does it have gorilla glass or anything similar?

Gorilla Glass and it feels VERY nice! Much nicer than my Atrix 4G. It's light, but does not feel bad because of it.

Guest kyan31

Thanks for the reply, I but I don't think I will be getting this phone. My Huawei ascend is an amazing phone for me since I had a Orange san fran and a monte Carlo. It is a very big upgrade for me. Also the G300 has gorilla glass, CWM, unlock and root.

Guest Rem1x

Thanks for the reply, I but I don't think I will be getting this phone. My Huawei ascend is an amazing phone for me since I had a Orange san fran and a monte Carlo. It is a very big upgrade for me. Also the G300 has gorilla glass, CWM, unlock and root.

Too be fair, this is day one, I'm sure we'll see root. But have fun with your Ascend :)