SIM lock status

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

The Orange San Diego is SIM locked from the store, but accepts both Orange and T-Mobile SIMs (and has APN configurations for both, i'm using it with my T-Mo SIM atm!)

Post here if you find an unlock! :)

P

Guest Frankish

Works on T-Mobile already? That's really good...why did you have to tell us that though?! I've only just got my G300!

Guest k0nrad

Damn, I'm getting more and more interested in this device, but it has to get a full SIM unlock... Hopefully there'll be one soon.

Doesn't Orange UK provide SIM unlock service (for a charge)?

Here in Poland Orange is pretty much the only carrier still selling locked phones, but you can unlock it for something about twenty quid IIRC if on contract, don't know about PAYG phones.

Guest k0nrad

So it's another ~£40 to the price at the moment... (or less, as they seem to take the unlock fee off your PAYG credit?)

I guess if there is/will be a Lava Xolo x900 unlock, it should work for San Diego too, since it's essentially the same device - the SanFran unlock worked globally, didn't it? (I know, it's different manufacturer, different everything)

Edited by k0nrad

Guest seejayou

Not so sure it will work as I've just tried my sim in an orange locked phone and it gave me a network lock error. If it would take the sim I'd buy it today but without checking or there being an unlock its not worth the risk.

Guest Simon O

Not so sure it will work as I've just tried my sim in an orange locked phone and it gave me a network lock error. If it would take the sim I'd buy it today but without checking or there being an unlock its not worth the risk.

Most Orange locked phones only accept Orange. The San Diego accepts T-Mobile (including operators that use T-Mobile) and Orange

Guest Simon O

Looking at some old test roms it looks to me that the phone was planned to be release on T-Mobile but was switched to Orange. May be wrong though but it is weird how it works on both networks.

Guest Pondlife

Even if it did start out on t-mobile they could've restricted it just to orange easily enough surely, seems that it's more down to them starting to integrate the networks more.

Guest Simon O

Even if it did start out on t-mobile they could've restricted it just to orange easily enough surely, seems that it's more down to them starting to integrate the networks more.

That makes sense.

Guest spences10

As it uses an xmm6260 which I believe is the same as the s2, would this thread be of any use?

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1092451

Going to try it now, I can't take Orange data any more!!! giffgaff ftw

Oh wait.... That's a root app, there's no root for the San Diego yet :(

Edited by spences10

Guest nikc0069

I know though it is linked from another thread but it still needs root to do this manually. I don't know much about rooting or I'd have a go on the image. Assume nobody tried one click root over on xda?

Guest spences10

Also if this is x86 them don't we just need a su binary compiled for x86? Would the emulator image help?

ChainsDD has already compiled a su binary, not sure about one click root because it's different architecture

Guest Pondlife

Going to try it now, I can't take Orange data any more!!! giffgaff ftw

Oh wait.... That's a root app, there's no root for the San Diego yet :(

Data on t-mobile isn't so bad..