• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • Interests:Android
    Rom Modding &
    MoDaCo moderator
  • Devices:OneX Samsung S3 LTE Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@rickywyatt1982
Iv was try to unlock my osd and going over the radio logs and found out this there is this folder in framework.jar

framework.jar\smali\com\orange\authentication\simcard

In both orange and xolo what it dose I anit got a clue lol even with removing the hole folder the network lock still came up grrr

Remember to read the fourm rules<br /><br />Maker of the AIO tool for Orange San Diego here<br />and the maker of the Motorola Razr I AIO tools here

Pondlife

Pondlife

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Devices:nexus 7
Has anyone got a phone unlocked by orange yet to compare that to?

speedy2222

speedy2222

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:OSD

Has anyone got a phone unlocked by orange yet to compare that to?

I almost had ... day after get unlock code I had to replace handset cos broken power button and since that time I waiting for new code :(

zac206

zac206

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego
I have an unlocked OSD. If you need me to check any file, no problem.

almighty15

almighty15

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
Has any one tried the San Fran SIM unlock code generator?

Would be funny if they used the same system as that.

i am not a hacker

i am not a hacker

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade and Orange San Diego

Has any one tried the San Fran SIM unlock code generator?

Would be funny if they used the same system as that.

I don't think it's a matter of using a same system. I believe it is unique to the device and the IMEI

Nexus 10
Orange San Diego

almighty15

almighty15

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

I don't think it's a matter of using a same system. I believe it is unique to the device and the IMEI

I know its the unique to each phones IMEI but it would be quite funny of they use the samw algorithm to generate a code.

I'm going to try it

Biohead

Biohead

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
Different device manufacturer = different algorithm

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF
Been tried, doesn't work...

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

almighty15

almighty15

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
So do we have a list of what networks work?

Orange
T-mobile
Virgin

Anymore like tesco mobile for example?

DumonKri

DumonKri

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

So do we have a list of what networks work?

Orange
T-mobile
Virgin

Anymore like tesco mobile for example?

None else as far as i know. Tesco runs on the O2 network like GiffGaff if i'm correct.

DumonKri

DumonKri

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
Can anyone using Virgin give me their APN settings please? Is everyone else's APN on virgin setup as "T-Mobile"

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
I'm on Orange myself but I believe that Virgin default to the T-Mobile masts so it makes sense that they would use the same apn

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

DumonKri

DumonKri

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

I'm on Orange myself but I believe that Virgin default to the T-Mobile masts so it makes sense that they would use the same apn

Yeah that's what i assumed, been seeing some Virgin specific APNs round the web that's all. Thought that my 3G would be better considering i'm meant to be in an area that's "very good". Oh well! :wacko:

rickywyatt

rickywyatt

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • Interests:Android
    Rom Modding &
    MoDaCo moderator
  • Devices:OneX Samsung S3 LTE Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@rickywyatt1982
the virgin apn is goto.virgin.co.uk for pay as you go

Remember to read the fourm rules<br /><br />Maker of the AIO tool for Orange San Diego here<br />and the maker of the Motorola Razr I AIO tools here

djbe

djbe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:San Diego
So... Stupid question, but can you pay £20 to unlock the San Diego after 3 months on T-Mobile? I'm not sure the networks are that closely integrated as companies, but I thought it was worth asking - Thanks!

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
Good god Orange are useless, I asked for my unlocking code on the 16th November and once again on the 22nd December and I'm still waiting. I tried again today and he "promised" to e-mail his manager as he can't see why it didn't go through the first time and to get back to me by Wednesday(we'll see).
By the way since the OSD still directs you to the iPhone section try the "how to use your iPhone" option(are all iPhone users stupid? :) ), it'll put you through to an Irish(?) CS office rather than an Indian one which helps with any language difficulties.

gwebb

gwebb

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Devices:Nexus S, Nexus 7, OSD, Moto G

Good god Orange are useless, I asked for my unlocking code on the 16th November and once again on the 22nd December and I'm still waiting. I tried again today and he "promised" to e-mail his manager as he can't see why it didn't go through the first time and to get back to me by Wednesday(we'll see).
By the way since the OSD still directs you to the iPhone section try the "how to use your iPhone" option(are all iPhone users stupid? :) ), it'll put you through to an Irish(?) CS office rather than an Indian one which helps with any language difficulties.

A few years ago when I wanted a phone unlocked by Orange it took me four attempts to get it done. Each time I called they swore blind it would be done within a few days, I gave them a week and nothing happened. After the first call each person I spoke to was very apologetic and promised immediate action, but it made no difference.

It was only on the fourth occasion when I was passed directly to some sort of elite technical support team that I got any help, he was UK based, I could hear him blazing away on his keyboard as we spoke and he looked up what had happened with the previous call (they'd done nothing), he actually sounded like he understood what I was asking for (rather than following a script) and he promised it would be done within 24 hours, which it was.

Basically your ordinary customer service rep probably doesn't know what to do, you need to speak to one of the real technical support people.

Edited by gwebb, 26 January 2013 - 11:16 AM.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

A few years ago when I wanted a phone unlocked by Orange it took me four attempts to get it done. Each time I called they swore blind it would be done within a few days, I gave them a week and nothing happened. After the first call each person I spoke to was very apologetic and promised immediate action, but it made no difference.

It was only on the fourth occasion when I was passed directly to some sort of elite technical support team that I got any help, he was UK based, I could hear him blazing away on his keyboard as we spoke and he looked up what had happened with the previous call (they'd done nothing), he actually sounded like he understood what I was asking for (rather than following a script) and he promised it would be done within 24 hours, which it was.

Basically your ordinary customer service rep probably doesn't know what to do, you need to speak to one of the real technical support people.

Actually this guy did seem to know what he was doing, I've spoken to Tech support before in Ireland(I think) and as you say, it's like talking to a real person who can use their brain rather than some pre-programmed robot who can only read the script in front of them and are totally lost when you go off script. He checked on the system and he thinks the first time I asked the agent did everything they should have(he didn't mention the second time) but he had no idea why it wasn't followed through.
The second time I asked the agent immediately gave me £20.42 credit(which arrived instantly) for my trouble with no prompting from myself so at least it wont cost me anything. /sigh

razzmataz1478

razzmataz1478

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Interests:Flashing ROMs, Being distracted by my skate
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
If anyone gets an unlock code, do a log cat when you enter it and unlock the phone, it might give some clues.

Posted Image

Current Phone:

Xperia T

Previous Phones:

Orange Monte Carlo

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic (Nokia C6-00 CFW)

Sony Ericsson v640i

Nokia 3120

Various other Nokia phones.

Not the best history of phones Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users