457 replies to this topic

i am not a hacker

i am not a hacker

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade and Orange San Diego
You're not going to find a contract with truly unlimited anymore for under 15 pounds

Nexus 10
Orange San Diego

topcat07

topcat07

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
What's the one at 15 please? I am prepared to move for around that need the tethering for work

brokebloke

brokebloke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, Orange San Diego
The only unmetered unlimited data plan with tethering allowed is the One plan from Three "3" at £25 a month.
All pay as you go plans I have looked at don't allow tethering if you read the terms and conditions.
Virgin allow tethering on pay monthly plans but its subject to a fair usage.

topcat07

topcat07

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

The only unmetered unlimited data plan with tethering allowed is the One plan from Three "3" at £25 a month.
All pay as you go plans I have looked at don't allow tethering if you read the terms and conditions.
Virgin allow tethering on pay monthly plans but its subject to a fair usage.

28-01-2013 14:58 - edited ‎18-02-2013 16:41
From virgin mobile forums usage is now 2.5gb or 3.5gb depending on join date then speeds are dropped to 48kps
Hi all,

Following changes to our acceptable use policy, from 24 January 2013 new and upgrading Pay Monthly/Sim only Mobile customers will only be permitted to use their data allowance to access the mobile internet on their handset. This means you are not permitted to use your mobile as a modem to connect other devices to the internet, also known as 'tethering'.

Existing customers who have joined before 24 January are not affected by this change; but as previously mentioned whilst it may possible to tether on your mobile device, Virgin Media does not provide the technical support for tethering.

In addition, customers who joined after 25 June 2012 will see a change to the excessive usage threshold of our acceptable use policy. Like other mobile networks we sometimes have to review usage in order to ensure the majority of customers remain unaffected by the minority using high amounts of data. You can see the changes to the acceptable use policy here.

We hope this clarifies the situation on tethering for everyone. We'll keep this page updated with any changes should they arise.

Many thanks.

topcat07

topcat07

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
Used to be 10gb fair usage, above is just for info for anyone thinking of moving to them

scottskelton91

scottskelton91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego
virgin mobile sim works, dont know if this has been said, but iv got a sim cut today and mine is working fine

:)

now just got to debrand , and root, if any one has full step by step instructions without the aio forum instructions as there confsuing me.....?

scottskelton91

scottskelton91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

You're not going to find a contract with truly unlimited anymore for under 15 pounds

virgin mobile have a £!2 plan with unlimited data unlimited texts and 300 minutes

or £17 (my plan) unlimited data and text, with 1200 minutes

scottskelton91

scottskelton91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

What's the one at 15 please? I am prepared to move for around that need the tethering for work

virgin mobile have a £12 plan with unlimited data unlimited texts and 300 minutes

or £17 (my plan) unlimited data and text, with 1200 minutes
also i teather constantly and have never experienced issues, nor had any extra charges, this is wifi teather to android tablet, its on all day at work been used, and my speed on speed test shows 6-8 mbps most times

scott

topcat07

topcat07

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
Thanks both please see the virgin mobile forum it is not unlimited anymore as I was on the same plans but for 8 quid. Once you hit 3.5gb your speed is now capped to around 300kps so I guess it is unlimited just your speed is capped

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF

virgin mobile sim works, dont know if this has been said, but iv got a sim cut today and mine is working fine

:)

now just got to debrand , and root, if any one has full step by step instructions without the aio forum instructions as there confsuing me.....?

Already given them to you :- http://www.modaco.co...00#entry2095007, looks pretty straight forward to me... :huh:

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

DJ.Fonic

DJ.Fonic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:San Diego
RUNNING San Diego on VIRGIN media pay monthly.
BIG BIG Thanks to this forum to the person who posted that this phone works out of the box on Virgin!!
YES YES thats right just brought the phone form an EE shop 99 pounds plus a new orange micro sim that you do have to top up 10 pounds on, but hey no big deal! Charged the phone got my standard Virgin sim and got car phone warehouse to cut it down to micro sim size (free) poped it in and switched on phone. Message pops up do you want to down load Virgin settings press OK and thats it!!! £12 + vat permonth on virgin = 1200 mins, 5000 or maybe unlimited texts (can't remember), 1G data. You can change tarifs when ever you wish. They do one at £17 + vat with unlimited data!
As far as I know you can run it on Tmobile too.
Question is do you really need more than the 3 networks to run on this great quick phone?

bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:All things outdoors , family and phone
  • Devices:zte blade + Huawei Ascend G300
If you live in my house you do. Unless you like walking 500m down the road to get a signal. J

Biohazard

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

If you live in my house you do. Unless you like walking 500m down the road to get a signal. J

In that case SignalBoost and Orange are your friends.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Andymac1969

Andymac1969

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Devices:LG G2, Moto G

In that case SignalBoost and Orange are your friends.

Have to love that Signal Boost it is superb :)

taiko1

taiko1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:PULSE
does anyone know if this phone will work with ovivo network sim ?

brokebloke

brokebloke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, Orange San Diego
No, Ovivo use the Vodaphone network, so no use untill unlocked

does anyone know if this phone will work with ovivo network sim ?

i am not a hacker

i am not a hacker

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade and Orange San Diego
Probably not because I THINK that it runs off vodafone signal

Nexus 10
Orange San Diego

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
So the answer would be yes, as long as you can persuade Orange to unlock it. ;-)

taiko1

taiko1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:PULSE
I dont mind paying to unlock it ,would they do it if i bought it recently 2nd hand ?

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
Probably not, they now insist on 6 months of use on their network.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users