• 1,896 posts

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Video removed

Edited by glossywhite, 10 February 2014 - 11:18 PM.

nadezz

nadezz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego

That's what you're supposed to do, it's possible that they sent you a code that's now expired I suppose.

I've PMed a copy of the letter that I sent to Orange(I'm in the UK) which I also e-mailed to the [email protected], feel free to adapt it to your needs. It netted me my unlock code plus an additional £25 credit(I'd already received £20) so did have an effect.

Would you be so kind as to PM me the email/letter you sent?

jadey1975

jadey1975

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Would you be so kind as to PM me the email/letter you sent?

Can you pm the email
two

Edited by jadey1975, 02 May 2013 - 11:11 PM.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego, OSF
No problem.

Edit :- I've just remembered(after the fact of course) I posted the letter on page 21 of this thread 3rd post up from the bottom for anyone else who needs it.

http://www.modaco.co...s/page__st__400

Edited by BlueMoonRising, 03 May 2013 - 08:12 AM.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:12

shootomanUK

shootomanUK

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Devices:AZ210A , WT19i , DynaTAC 8000X
  • Twitter:@not got one
I emailed orange executive two week ago about getting my unlock code with no reply.
I did also phone them and spoke to some guy who said "i can't help you, you need to contact customer services" also he said "who gave you this number" i replied a friend on a forum.

so that was that lol

maybe they are getting fed up of people contacting them now !

Edited by shootomanUK, 03 May 2013 - 05:51 PM.

MrPuddington

MrPuddington

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Devices:Android
After thinking about this for a while, and trying all possible options to contact Orange without any sign of response, I have concluded that there are only three options left:
  • hope that CISAS will sort it out, but this will take around 4 months
  • go to court
  • complain to trading standards
I have to admit that I know how to go to court, and compared to calling Orange customer service that actually sounds like a pretty attractive option. But does anybody know about the other two options? Does CISAS actually resolve issues? Or is it as toothless as Ofcom?

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

After thinking about this for a while, and trying all possible options to contact Orange without any sign of response, I have concluded that there are only three options left:

• hope that CISAS will sort it out, but this will take around 4 months
  • go to court
  • complain to trading standards
I have to admit that I know how to go to court, and compared to calling Orange customer service that actually sounds like a pretty attractive option. But does anybody know about the other two options? Does CISAS actually resolve issues? Or is it as toothless as Ofcom?

I've looked back a couple of pages but couldn't see at what point you're at, how long have you had the phone and how long since you requested the unlock code?(presuming that's what we're talking about).

No experience with CISAS but you can only try. I don't think the courts would be interested if you don't at least try CISAS first as that's what they're supposed to be for.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

MrPuddington

MrPuddington

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Devices:Android

I've looked back a couple of pages but couldn't see at what point you're at, how long have you had the phone and how long since you requested the unlock code?(presuming that's what we're talking about).

No experience with CISAS but you can only try. I don't think the courts would be interested if you don't at least try CISAS first as that's what they're supposed to be for.

Good point. Yes, this is about getting an unlock code out of Orange, and it very much brings back memories of Asterix' quest for permit A38.

The problem with CISAS is that the process does indeed take 4 months. First I have to wait 8 futile weeks for a response from Orange (5 are already over), then they give Orange another 2 weeks to consider the situation, take 2 weeks to come to a conclusion, and given Orange another 4 weeks to sort it out. It very much has a futile feeling about it - especially since then I will have the phone for 6 months. At least with CISAS I know that they cannot change the conditions again.

In the meantime I will try to get Trading Standards interested - I think this is a case of customer deception, and clearly Orange needs some kind of wake up call.

Edited by MrPuddington, 15 May 2013 - 07:29 PM.

Terror Factor

Terror Factor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid
I've ordered a san diego from ebay a few months ago, but I am in Belgium. I decided I wanted to get it unlocked, as my current phone could use an upgrade.
I contacted orange through Facebook (OrangeHelpers), but they say they can't unlock it. First because I am not the first owner, now because their "handset unlocking process" doesn't allow/can do this. Sounds like a load of BS to me, since all I need is an unlock code.

Any idea what I could do? Orange doesn't exist here in Belgium, so I can't just buy a sim or anything like that. Is this even legal btw, as this hinders the free travel of goods in Europe quite hard? :/

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

I've ordered a san diego from ebay a few months ago, but I am in Belgium. I decided I wanted to get it unlocked, as my current phone could use an upgrade.
I contacted orange through Facebook (OrangeHelpers), but they say they can't unlock it. First because I am not the first owner, now because their "handset unlocking process" doesn't allow/can do this. Sounds like a load of BS to me, since all I need is an unlock code.

Any idea what I could do? Orange doesn't exist here in Belgium, so I can't just buy a sim or anything like that. Is this even legal btw, as this hinders the free travel of goods in Europe quite hard? :/

Try an e-mail to the [email protected] or a letter to :-

Orange Customer Services
PO Box 10
Patchway
Bristol
BS32 4BQ

Terror Factor

Terror Factor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid
Did that, but after reading the last pages again, I doubt it'll work :(

Roger Barnett

Roger Barnett

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Devices:Pulse 8220, OSD

I have decided to unlock my OSD, now that my 2 year contract is nearing it's end. I've followed this thread over time, but I don't think that anybody has ever mentioned using the online form on the EE website:

https://explore.ee.co.uk/unlock

I've filled it in today and will await for a hopefully painless 20 days, which is what they say it takes.

I'll report on my success / failure as it happens.

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

I have decided to unlock my OSD, now that my 2 year contract is nearing it's end. I've followed this thread over time, but I don't think that anybody has ever mentioned using the online form on the EE website:

https://explore.ee.co.uk/unlock

I've filled it in today and will await for a hopefully painless 20 days, which is what they say it takes.

I'll report on my success / failure as it happens.

I don't think it's ever been mentioned because it seems to be relatively new. It certainly wasn't there when I went through my travails. That said EE weren't there either (I think). ;)

skidshow

skidshow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:osd

Just letting you know guys I got my unlock code through the EE website. It took a month but got the code through email. 

BlueMoonRising

BlueMoonRising

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Just letting you know guys I got my unlock code through the EE website. It took a month but got the code through email. 

It's like pulling teeth with them...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users