irritating problem

Guest craigysd

Guest craigysd

Alright guys, been a long time reader of these forums.

I bought a g300 a few weeks ago and love it and it saved me a fortune, as I went for pay as you go instead of renewing my contract.

The gripe I have is only small but is frustrating, its the notification that pops up when leaving my wifi range or turning wifi off, this is caused me to miss numerous emails etc when I've been out, due to forgetting to press yes on the alert.

Is there anyway to disable it?

I'm rooted with CWM still on 885 though with custom boot animation and splash screen and no vodafone junk ;).

Guest FrankieADZ

have you got "Network notifications" ticked within the wireless & network settings?

if so....untick it.

might be the problem.

Guest craigysd

That's been unticked from the day I bought the phone, so "open wireless network notification" isn't the cause its more todo with switching to mobile data from wifi is the problem of this damn little pop up ...thanks anyway ;)

Guest craigysd

Just a quick update, I managed to remove that annoying data charge pop-up.

Edit the build.prop> ro.config.hw_RemindWifiToPdp=true

I changed it from true to false, rebooted phone and hey presto no annoying pop-up :)

Guest toge64

I changed it from true to false, rebooted phone and hey presto no annoying pop-up :)

thank you!

Guest Smiff2

think i cocked my phone up doing this.. any way to edit txt files on device from connected linux pc?

hate trying to text edit on the phone, horribly difficult with screen and keyboard, and too easy to f**k up files :/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Smiff2

sorry not sure where to put this but maybe someone here can help!

just got another annoying message from this phone. the gist of it was "network has limited function, scan for another network?" no of course i don't want to scan for another network, just shut up and connect to the network as best you can. any way to kill this message?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest wonderfibre

Fixed it :)

Noticed that the problem was the same as described here:

www.modaco.com/topic/355014-warning-about-potterunlock-making-g300-unusable/

So just swiped down to access the camera and cancel the bootloop then froze PotterUnlock in Titanium :)

Guest PeaceMaker_H

Worked well! thanks!

• 3 months later...
Guest anyusername

Thanks for the info. This behaviour was particularly annoying when walking/driving past WiFi hotspots that I am registered with, because the phone would automatically connect to them then as soon as I was out of range the popup would appear, usually when the phone was in my pocket and I wouldn't realise, causing me to miss emails etc. It would have been far better if the default action for this popup was ask once, ignore forever.

Guest Davidoff59

Frodo, Try rom toolbox by jrummy. Never fails me and very easy to navigate. More features being added to the free version as well.

Whatever your using, you probably didn't change it to row, you don't have to faff about doing that with rom toolbox.

Guest ivan.arandjelovic

Thanks guys, this was really anoying warning that I wanted to get rid long time ago :)

Just a reminder for those who search for the build.prop file: it's in the /system/ folder.

Thanks once more

• 8 months later...