• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

runlevel5

runlevel5

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:mtb-xc, tech, nites out, music, all sorts of stuff :-)
  • Devices:Nexus 5 32GB
  • Twitter:@@36ctJack
On cm7 for wildfire you get overclockable kernel, choice of cpu governor (smartassv2 rocks), loads of customisation options, ADW launcher (not to everyones taste but hey, and it is available on google play), pretty much constant development with the nightlies channel if officially supported, (tho the focus does seem to be cm9 now). from stock rom to cm7 the difference was amazing on my old wildfire. G300 B888 deodexed and customised is awesome tho :)

RussellS

RussellS

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Devices:Blade, Huawei G300, Jiayu G3
The funny thing is though that I actually like the stock B888 rom. I don't particularly want to overclock because it's fast enough for everything I do and I don't want to shorten the battery life. On my Blade with CM7 I didn't like the ADW Launcher so I replaced it with Launcher Pro which I thought was much better. However, with the G300 I like the standard Huawei launcher and havn't felt the need to load a different launcher at all. I even like the Huawei 4-way lock screen which I know is not everyone's cup of tea but I like it.

So really, I'm not too bothered about CM7. Now if CM9 came out and it was before an official release then that would be a different matter all together.

weckl

weckl

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
This saturday (9 of June) Huawei will officially present its brand new Emotional UI graphic enhancement over ICS. Maybe Huawei will say something new. :-)

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei U8150
Right. I've modded the kernel by adding genlock for ICS and am now compiling it. Stay tuned for the results of it.

If you like my work or if I helped, click the Plus button.

runlevel5

runlevel5

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
It's debatable as to whether overclocking would shorten battery life given governors stipulate a minimum and a maximum clock speed; so a lower than standard clockspeed can be used at idle or sms etc and a higher one than standard for cpu/gpu intensive tasks.

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD

Right. I've modded the kernel by adding genlock for ICS and am now compiling it. Stay tuned for the results of it.

:D :D :D

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Owwww....look forward to seeing the work you might could you with :)

RussellS

RussellS

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

It's debatable as to whether overclocking would shorten battery life given governors stipulate a minimum and a maximum clock speed; so a lower than standard clockspeed can be used at idle or sms etc and a higher one than standard for cpu/gpu intensive tasks.

oh, ok. I wasn't aware of that.

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
Look on Youtube for androidcentral. He has an official demo of ICS for the U8860. Looks good.

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
just watched that video.so that release didnt have any of the google apps. hope someone makes a back up of them all incase this happens when we finally get it

toge64

toge64

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Interests:Bargain android devices... (and high end ones too)
  • Devices:Nexus 4, Galaxy Tab 2

just watched that video.so that release didnt have any of the google apps. hope someone makes a back up of them all incase this happens when we finally get it

you can just flash gapps from here http://wiki.cyanogen...ion/Google_Apps or a modified mini gapps from buddy targetbsp http://blade.windows98.co.uk/

Have: Nexus 4, Galaxy Tab 2, HP Touchpad
Sold: Orange OSF/ZTE Blade AMOLED, Huawei Ascend G300

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

you can just flash gapps from here http://wiki.cyanogen...ion/Google_Apps or a modified mini gapps from buddy targetbsp http://blade.windows98.co.uk/

was wondering if we could use them :)
thanks for that :)

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
Yes is you have ics/cm9 installed.Just flash from recovery like when on cm7.

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
just looked on the Huawei UK Facebook page and they've responded to questions by peopl regards the ICS...here what they said

"We expect a full ICS to be available for Ascend G 300 customers in the UK in the second half of the year, and we anticipate early second-half. We will keep you updated when they become available and you'll be able to download it from the UK website, huaweidevice.com/uk, when they are online"

*In the Recent Posts by Others bit*

Seems that we "Should" be getting a "full" version & not a demo. They've said it but will they do what they've said....

Edited by FrankieADZ, 06 June 2012 - 12:39 PM.

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
Its officialnow so backing out would cause uproar

Maximus9

Maximus9

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Devices:Moto G Dual Sim XT1033 16GB

Hold on a minute, the phone has been advertised and sold all along since it was announced at MWC as getting an upgrade to ICS. Both Vodafone and Huawei have advertised and sold it as such. To accept a demo is cheating yourself and doing yourself out of pocket.
The phone is £100 fair enough but we bought it on the back of ICS as much as we did the 4 inch screen and the 1 ghz processor. Please don't take this lying down. Find out if we are getting full ics or just a demo.
Who knows what will be restricted in a demo. I know the devs will hopefully pull something out of the bag but if Huawei and Vodafone are allowed to do this now, then they will do it again.

Its time to stand up for your rights and find out exactly what we are getting.

Totally agree, please everybody write to Huawei, and express your opinion about this! Do it now, either on their facebook or email, they must take it into account if it comes from a lot of their clients!

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
They have said it will be full ics and not a demo so they have either backtracked and reconsidered or someone is getting the wrong info over at huawei

runlevel5

runlevel5

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
I think maybe something got lost in translation. Demo could well refer to an initial beta release. Time will tell. :)

RussellS

RussellS

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Totally agree, please everybody write to Huawei, and express your opinion about this! Do it now, either on their facebook or email, they must take it into account if it comes from a lot of their clients!

I don't understand where all this hostility is coming from. They have said that there will be an ICS update in the summer and I havn't seen anything to cause me to doubt it. If we get to September/October and there is no sign of it then there will be grounds to start complaining but until that time we just have to be patient. After all, we are only just into June at the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users