[DEV] [ICS] [AOSP] [4.0.4] AOSPFusionX for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 04/06]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Presenting AOSPFusionX for the ZTE Crescent!

This is an extremely early project (probably just over a week or so). It is not intended for daily use yet. Only flash if you know what you're doing. You have to flash Superuser separately (link given below) and Google apps as normal. You must flash CyanogenMod 9 before flashing this... for now.

You need a 200MB system partition minimum for this ROM (160MB without Google apps). Stock partition layout is ideal but if you are having problems such as missing Google apps, use the TPT at the bottom of the post.

For those who have no idea what Ice Cream Sandwich looks like...

Thumbnail_2012-05-07-10-40-53.png Thumbnail_2012-05-07-10-41-09.png Thumbnail_2012-05-07-14-04-33.png Thumbnail_2012-05-07-14-04-51.png Thumbnail_2012-05-07-14-05-16.png Thumbnail_2012-05-07-18-24-18.png Thumbnail_2012-05-07-18-25-04.png Thumbnail_2012-05-07-18-27-48.png

This ROM is suitable for the Orange San Francisco II, the T-Mobile Vivacity and the Telenor Touch Plus. This is a little side-project from tilal6991 and me that brings Ice Cream Sandwich in a "pure" form with only essential modification to get it to work.

Details:

• Android 4.0.4 - Ice Cream Sandwich!
  • Adreno 200 ARMv6 GPU drivers for awesome 3D performance - Ice Cream Sandwich running smooth on the Crescent!
  • Hardware acceleration!

Check the second post for known issues and the third for a change log.

Sources:
    • Device: github.com/AOSPFusionX/aospfusionx_device_zte_blade2
    • Proprietaries: github.com/Dazzozo/proprietary_vendor_zte
    • Kernel: github.com/CyanogenMod/zte-kernel-msm7x27
    • Project: github.com/AOSPFusionX

This is a continuation of the work from the previous thread created by Fuzzra: http://android.modac...test-cm9-build/

Instructions:(have some sense and read them)
Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Not Working:

• Everything*.

* - It's actually a lot better than that, and most things work. This is just to get the point across that it's very early.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest misodoctakleidist

Does this ROM (when it is working fully) have any advantages over CM9 and AOKP, or is it just for people who want vanilla ICS?

Guest robt77

flashed this Rom, all seemed to go well, however when I installed Titanium back up it said I did not have root access. I do have Super user installed. I can get into the app. When I installed root checker from the market it said I have no access. On the positive side, it has the feel of a good Rom, I like the fact it is quite stripped back.

Guest AmbushReality

flashed this Rom, all seemed to go well, however when I installed Titanium back up it said I did not have root access. I do have Super user installed. I can get into the app. When I installed root checker from the market it said I have no access. On the positive side, it has the feel of a good Rom, I like the fact it is quite stripped back.

Force stop titanium and reboot the phone. works a treat.

Guest robt77

Force stop titanium and reboot the phone. works a treat.

Thanks for your response, I have tried that I am still getting the same message saying I have no root access. What is strange is when I go into the Super User App, the log is empty as if nothing has requested to use the SU function but Titaninium is adamant that it has?

Guest AmbushReality

Thanks for your response, I have tried that I am still getting the same message saying I have no root access. What is strange is when I go into the Super User App, the log is empty as if nothing has requested to use the SU function but Titaninium is adamant that it has?

The same happened to me. I don't remember what I did though

Guest robt77

probably will go back to the other ICS Rom, Have re booted a few times and re installed Super User but it keeps saying can't get root privlegde request made at system/bin/su

Guest misodoctakleidist

This happened to me in CM9. It is not the ROM - your Titanium Backup isn't requesting root access for some reason. A restart was enough to fix it for me.

Guest AmbushReality

probably will go back to the other ICS Rom, Have re booted a few times and re installed Super User but it keeps saying can't get root privlegde request made at system/bin/su

Frankly, no body accually cares about what from you are using. Be grateful that dazzozo has shared this and other roms with us. Jeez. Edited by AmbushReality

Guest robt77

Frankly, no body accually cares about what from you are using. Be grateful that dazzozo has shared this and other roms with us. Jeez.

Sorry it was not meant to come across like I am ungrateful, I appreciate all the hard work he and all the other devs have done on these great Roms I really should read what I type before posting, Just was trying to find out what I had done wrong. Am new to all this flashing Roms etc so assumed i had done something stupid.

Edited by robt77

Guest Josef Prusa

Very nice, thanks Dazz. I had to go back to CM9, though, as the camera would not connect....

EDIT: I am on a Vivacity BTW.

Edited by Josef Prusa

Guest Dazzozo

Very nice, thanks Dazz. I had to go back to CM9, though, as the camera would not connect....

EDIT: I am on a Vivacity BTW.

We're not even trying camera yet. libcamera has been completely pulled for now.

Guest tilal6991

We're not even trying camera yet. libcamera has been completely pulled for now.

It should be fixed now. You should be able to compile it. I've added the required framework stuff.