【ICS】LiGux v4 for Huawei Ascend G300 [2012-06-29][version 0.0.5]

Guest qiwu huang

Guest FrankieADZ

Huawei will be Locked bootloader When he released the android 4.0 for huawei G300。

In China ,huawei honor ,C8812,ascend p1 has been locked。

might be lost in translation but do you mean when Huawei release android 4.0 ICS it will lock the bootloader?

Guest Hans Gruber

I guess the flashing process will flash a new locked bootloader? Presumably you can get round it by flashing it all with CWM (someone might have to sacrifice a phone to get the files flashed and then copied). Maybe.

Guest qiwu huang

I guess the flashing process will flash a new locked bootloader? Presumably you can get round it by flashing it all with CWM (someone might have to sacrifice a phone to get the files flashed and then copied). Maybe.

It will be update baseband.

Guest FrankieADZ

thats a bit meh then. :(

i guess that will be the way around it....not 100% sure tho.

It will be update baseband.

what does baseband mean?

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest qiwu huang

thats a bit meh then.

i guess that will be the way around it....not 100% sure tho.

what does baseband mean?

Baseband version

Changes when upgrading to 4.0

So We can not use 2.3 RIL

PS:get off work, eat Chinese food (Delicious),go home

post-895493-0-13138800-1340189614.png

Edited by qiwu huang

Guest t-bon3

On all the other android phones i've used with unlocked bootloaders it has been possible to update the radio/baseband without touching the bootloader.

It might not be possible on the G300 now but that doesn't mean it wont be in the future.

I can do this,I will have two g300s soon :)

I update the new g300 with official update and upload a CWM backup then keep my rooted one for custom.

Edited by Guest

Guest timfimjim

I can do this,I will have two g300s soon :)

I update the new g300 with official update and upload a CWM backup then keep my rooted one for custom.

?? Two g300s?

What's happening with the bricked one? Any luck with vodafone?

?? Two g300s?

What's happening with the bricked one? Any luck with vodafone?

Bricked one goes back tomorrow which I am certain will be sent away for repairs,and I ordered one on contract as I am left with no device and a little short on money at the moment to just go buy a new one.I hate the contract thing,but I need a phone so had to do it really :(

edit: Ok not two now,just ordered a san diego instead B) :lol:

I am aware that the bootloader is locked and staying locked,which is a real shame and a big mistake by orange.But thats cool as it will be a great device still but no hacking,my g300 will be for that.

Edited by Guest

Guest qiwu huang

oh I am sorry , I need help

some errors

I/ApnPreference(  475): ID: 7 :true

D/dalvikvm(  475): GC_EXPLICIT freed 1212K, 27% free 6539K/8839K, paused 6ms+11ms

W/CursorWrapperInner(  475): Cursor finalized without prior close()

E/AudioHardwareMSM76XXA(  114): Parsing error in AudioFilter.csv.

W/System.err(  458): java.net.UnknownHostException: no address for ifname=null

W/System.err(  458):	 at com.android.internal.telephony.DataCallState.setLinkProperties(DataCallState.java:158)

W/System.err(  458):	 at com.android.internal.telephony.DataConnection.setLinkProperties(DataConnection.java:561)

W/System.err(  458):	 at com.android.internal.telephony.DataConnection.updateLinkProperty(DataConnection.java:583)

W/System.err(  458):	 at com.android.internal.telephony.DataConnection.onSetupConnectionCompleted(DataConnection.java:535)

W/System.err(  458):	 at com.android.internal.telephony.DataConnection.access$1600(DataConnection.java:60)

W/System.err(  458):	 at com.android.internal.telephony.DataConnection$DcActivatingState.processMessage(DataConnection.java:908)

W/System.err(  458):	 at com.android.internal.util.StateMachine$SmHandler.processMsg(StateMachine.java:881)

W/System.err(  458):	 at com.android.internal.util.StateMachine$SmHandler.handleMessage(StateMachine.java:741)

W/System.err(  458):	 at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)

W/System.err(  458):	 at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)

W/System.err(  458):	 at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:60)

logcat -b radio errors

D/GSM	 (  337): [GsmDC-1] onSetupConnectionCompleted received DataCallState: DataCallState: {version=6 status=0 retry=2 cid=2 active=0 type='' ifname='null' addresses=[] dnses=[] gateways=[]}

D/GSM	 (  337): setLinkProperties: UnknownHostException java.net.UnknownHostException: no address for ifname=null

D/GSM	 (  337): setLinkProperties: error clearing LinkProperties status=0 result=ERR_UnacceptableParameter  SetupResult.mFailCause=NONE

D/GSM	 (  337): [GsmDC-1] updateLinkProperty failed : ERR_UnacceptableParameter  SetupResult.mFailCause=NONE

D/GSM	 (  337): [GsmDC-1] DcActivatingState onSetupConnectionCompleted result=ERR_UnacceptableParameter  SetupResult.mFailCause=NONE

Edited by qiwu huang

Guest omegavesko
I am aware that the bootloader is locked and staying locked,which is a real shame and a big mistake by orange.But thats cool as it will be a great device still but no hacking,my g300 will be for that.

It's not a mistake by Orange, it's a mistake by Huawei. As OP said, the Chinese device(s) have been locked, which have nothing to do with Orange.

Guest Dazzozo

It's not a mistake by Orange, it's a mistake by Huawei. As OP said, the Chinese device(s) have been locked, which have nothing to do with Orange.

I'm assuming from the context he was talking about the San Diego.

Guest Davidoff59

Just a guess but it looks like it doesn't know where to look if address=null.

This looks to cover it.

http://androidxref.com/source/xref/frameworks/base/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/DataCallState.java

or

http://source-android.frandroid.com/frameworks/base/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/DataCallState.java

I messaged tilal to see could he provide any input

Guest qiwu huang

D/DHCP    (  140): ip 10.27.79.199 gw 10.27.79.193 prefixLength 28

D/DHCP    (  140): dns1: 221.12.1.227

D/DHCP    (  140): dns2: 221.12.33.227

D/DHCP    (  140): server 10.27.79.193, lease 7200 seconds

D/DHCP    (  140): configuring rmnet0

W/NetworkStats(  219): dropping UID delta from unknown iface: iface=rmnet0 uid=0 set=DEFAULT tag=0x0 rxBytes=612 rxPackets=2 txBytes=76 txPackets=1 operations=0

W/RILJ    (  447): [0107]< SETUP_DATA_CALL exception, possible invalid RIL response

W/RILJ    (  447): java.lang.RuntimeException: getDataCallState, no ifname

W/RILJ    (  447):     at com.android.internal.telephony.HWRIL.getDataCallState(HWRIL.java:71)

W/RILJ    (  447):     at com.android.internal.telephony.RIL.responseSetupDataCall(RIL.java:3184)

W/RILJ    (  447):     at com.android.internal.telephony.QualcommSharedRIL.responseSetupDataCall(QualcommSharedRIL.java:277)

W/RILJ    (  447):     at com.android.internal.telephony.QualcommSharedRIL.processSolicited(QualcommSharedRIL.java:437)

W/RILJ    (  447):     at com.android.internal.telephony.RIL.processResponse(RIL.java:2136)

W/RILJ    (  447):     at com.android.internal.telephony.RIL$RILReceiver.run(RIL.java:566)

W/RILJ    (  447):     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:856)

Guest qiwu huang

not sure, hopefully tilal can advise. Well done, looks to have reduced the ril errors, for now.

I rewrite RILjava for u8815 that named HWRIL.java

Guest Frankish

I'm sure with only Camera, Wifi and BT to fix this rom will become a daily usage one for most people! Maybe Tilal can help out with getting the last few things fixed? He's been quiet lately.