[CM7.2] Cyanogenmod 7.2 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest youpi666

Guest Delnar_Ersike

You removed the CM Themes, CM Backgrounds, the Dev Tools app, the Email app, the DSPManager, GoogleTalk, the Spare Parts app, and the TTS options from the ROM; maybe you should make this clear in your ROM patch notes.

Also, ADW Launcher Ex is a paid app; you are not allowed to include it into your ROM for free unless you have explicit permission from the app's creator. Yeah, it might be faster, but stay in the legal side of things, will you? It would be a shame to have your ROM removed for being a source of piracy...

The ROM itself does seem a little smoother, though I've only had about an hour or so to play with it. I'll check back later

Thanks devs for this great rom, I replaced some libs and media_profiles file in order to make camcorder working well, but 3d performance is still worse than liquidnext. Does anybody know how to improve it?

Edited by brgi

Thanks devs for this great rom, I replaced some libs and media_profiles file in order to make camcorder working well, but 3d performance is still worse than liquidnext. Does anybody know how to improve it?

I found out that replacing the sys.cfg file with the attached one in system/lib/egl folder improves 3d.

Neocore went from 24 fps to 36 fps; try it and let me know.

Edit: it doesn't work

egl.zip

Edited by brgi

I found out that replacing the sys.cfg file with this new one in system/lib/egl folder improve 3d.

Neocore went from 24 fps to 36 fps; try it and let me know.

Yes camcorder not working very well, isn't fluid. brgi you have simply replaced the sys.cfg from liquidnext rom?

Yes camcorder not working very well, isn't fluid. brgi you have simply replaced the sys.cfg from liquidnext rom?

for the camcorder I replaced system/etc/media_profiles.xml file and system/lib/libOmx**** files from honor's cm7.2 rc1

Guest Master_T

It's possible to replace the modified files by lupohirp in Miui Final rom? If yes i would try, and which files i must replace? Thanks

I just tried porting MIUIfinal to this base, but my ignorance with android/linux goes quite deep, so I'm stuck. I managed to get rid of a first bootloop by replacing libutils.so, but now theres a second bootloop, this time logcat just keeps repeating:

Netd 1.0 starting

Just writes that over and over, nothing else. I tried copying the "netd" binary from MIUIfinal, but same result. If anyone has ideas or wants to collaborate on trying to port MIUI over, feel free to contact me.

EDIT:

Ok, I should have tested the base rom before attempting a port, turns out the ROM itself (CM7.2Ainillia-Updt1T-090912.zip) doesn't boot on my A1, same problem as described above, infinite Netd 1.0 starting bootloop... anyone with this issue? Maybe I'm doing something wrong with CWM, never used it before...

EDIT2:

Managed to boot CM7 rom, but don't know why, some of the times I flash and it boots, some other times it doesn't... weird. Still trying to make MIUI boot, but running out of ideas quickly...

Edited by Master_T

I just tried porting MIUIfinal to this base, but my ignorance with android/linux goes quite deep, so I'm stuck. I managed to get rid of a first bootloop by replacing libutils.so, but now theres a second bootloop, this time logcat just keeps repeating:

Just writes that over and over, nothing else. I tried copying the "netd" binary from MIUIfinal, but same result. If anyone has ideas or wants to collaborate on trying to port MIUI over, feel free to contact me.

EDIT:

Ok, I should have tested the base rom before attempting a port, turns out the ROM itself (CM7.2Ainillia-Updt1T-090912.zip) doesn't boot on my A1, same problem as described above, infinite Netd 1.0 starting bootloop... anyone with this issue? Maybe I'm doing something wrong with CWM, never used it before...

EDIT2:

Managed to boot CM7 rom, but don't know why, some of the times I flash and it boots, some other times it doesn't... weird. Still trying to make MIUI boot, but running out of ideas quickly...

I'm using CM7.2Ainillia and works well, boot normally. I use TWRP recovery, not CWM, maybe it is?

Guest Master_T

I'm using CM7.2Ainillia and works well, boot normally. I use TWRP recovery, not CWM, maybe it is?

It worked for me too after a few flashes, but no luck with MIUI, sorry...

Guest darkeingel

I flashed this today. (actually I've flashed it three times)

Didn't have the chance to see the speed in this ROM, because it keeps crashing on my device.

CyanoGen mod app crashed and after that the touchscreen didn't work properly (even after reboots)

Changing the brightness level from statusbar -> crash.

Putting the Max CPU to 998Mhz or more -> crash.

I'm reverting to the default flavor of CM7, sadly, as I was interested in the new kernel and the speed-ups of this ROM - as long as the things that were removed perfectly suited my tastes.

Hope you will make this more stable in future.

Thanks,

Alex.

Guest Ainillia

I flashed this today. (actually I've flashed it three times)

Didn't have the chance to see the speed in this ROM, because it keeps crashing on my device.

CyanoGen mod app crashed and after that the touchscreen didn't work properly (even after reboots)

Changing the brightness level from statusbar -> crash.

Putting the Max CPU to 998Mhz or more -> crash.

I'm reverting to the default flavor of CM7, sadly, as I was interested in the new kernel and the speed-ups of this ROM - as long as the things that were removed perfectly suited my tastes.

Hope you will make this more stable in future.

Thanks,

Alex.

Can you please provide a full logcat ?

Do you use CWM or TWRP ?

- ROM Update by me -

ROM ADDONS

(10/09/12) Recommanded : Beats4Liquid, got it worked : http://www.mediafire...od11ql6zhbac3eb

Description : HTC & SRS BeatsAudio reworked for Liquid.

Hello Ainillia, may i know this "BeatsAudio" is functional with all roms? i mean can i flash it on CM9 or CM7.2 previous versions or CM7.1 or MIUI or similar roms

Guest Ainillia

Hello Ainillia, may i know this "BeatsAudio" is functional with all roms? i mean can i flash it on CM9 or CM7.2 previous versions or CM7.1 or MIUI or similar roms

It should work on CM9. I don't see any reason.

Also, MIUI is very different and have their own libraries and frameworks... It could be not functional or maybe break the ROM, you can test with MIUI, but i'm not responsible for damaged ROMs.

MIUI Final has a Beats Audio in the MIUI thread

Hi! Great job!

But I've got hangs on liquid E with many messages like this:

W/Vold ( 174): Ignoring unknown switch 'MSM72K_UDC'

W/SensorService( 231): dropping 2 events on the floor

log2.txt

Edited by Dima KN

Hi! Great job!

But I've got hangs on liquid E with many messages like this:

W/Vold ( 174): Ignoring unknown switch 'MSM72K_UDC'

That used to happen to me with 998MHz overclock, now on 960MHz and no hangs or freezes or reboots in the last 48 hours

But I don't know if it's related, but the same error messages like yours

Edited by Ma7moud

That used to happen to me with 998MHz overclock, now on 960MHz and no hangs or freezes or reboots in the last 48 hours

But I don't know if it's related, but the same error messages like yours

I had 998MHz overclock too, now on 768MHz it seems like problem is gone. Strange, on CM9 998MHz overclock worked fine.

I had 998MHz overclock too, now on 768MHz it seems like problem is gone. Strange, on CM9 998MHz overclock worked fine.

It's stable on my Liquid up to 960MHz , anything higher causes random freezes sometimes, that's ok, 960MHz is great :)

had few freezes without OC times, clean install.

screen powering slow like in cm7.2 final/improved: I click the power on button and it powers on after 2-3 seconds and if I click it few times while it's turning on then I would see it laggily turning on/off few times :D

never had this on previous releases, guys are you sharing bugs with each other? :>

Guest Nikho-Wolf

Sorry guys i probably found another bug.

I've flashed this rom on liquid next 1.9.2 on an Acer Liquid E,

All wipes done, everything like it will be done

But after one day use and nothing flashed upon the rom

i've noticed that at the bottom of the screen, about at one millimeter from the border,

(also a little on the sides) the touch is unresponsive, it greatly affecting the typing,

the lower keys of the keyboard are almost un-pushable, i don't know if there is

some kind of solution or if you already know this bug, in any case, any solution

would be appreciated, thanks anyway for the great job,

the rom is great and run almost perfectly...

P.S. excuse me for my bad english if i made some mistakes.

• 3 months later...