Huawei Hi Suite Wi-fi connection

Guest weckl

Guest weckl

I've been able to at last connect the G300 to the PC using Hi Suite Wifi connection. The key part is to activate USB debugging mode. Without it connection fails.

Guest FrownBreaker

That's odd I just clicked on portable hotspot and it all worked. Are you saying you needed this software to get the PHS to work?

Oh I see its a fat client desktop app for the phone and allows desktop access to features and contact migration fromm Nokia / iPhone et al..

Useful thanks for reporting this app.

I use samba for Andriod to mount the SD card of the phone as a Samba share eg \\Phone works well but will give this a spin..

Edited by FrownBreaker

Guest pelago

I haven't tried HiSuite yet, but I like the fact that apparently it can be used to take screenshots of the phone. All the screenshots apps that run on the phone itself seem to need root.

Guest FrownBreaker

I've been able to at last connect the G300 to the PC using Hi Suite Wifi connection. The key part is to activate USB debugging mode. Without it connection fails.

I can connect over USB (debugging is on - Kiri ROM) but there is no wifi daemon installed? Does someone have the APK?

Guest weckl

no need of apk. the app is installed to your g300 automatically from hi suite pc program.

Edited by weckl

Guest weckl

I can connect over USB (debugging is on - Kiri ROM) but there is no wifi daemon installed? Does someone have the APK?

I think you must connect at least once using USB in order Hi Suite Pc program install the app to your G300.

Guest FrownBreaker

I think you must connect at least once using USB in order Hi Suite Pc program install the app to your G300.

Thanks did that no change to the phone: Nothing seems to be installed. Is there something I need to initiate on the interface? I checked it says Hisuite and the phone are up to date on the program.

Google came up with this

http://uploaded.to/file/jrv8p4au

**UPDATE**

Looked in the App Drawer and found the app in there, my bad.

App is great and send text message using by PC keyboard! Excellent!

Connected fine! Observations.

• When I ran the app on the phone it gave me a password to enter on the PC. Entered this and it would not connect. Check the WiFI sleep policy this was set to off with screen changed to never; Wifi connection working
  • When connected via Wifi the screen view is disabled (I think this is by design)
  • When connected via WiFi plugging in the USB cable to the PC connects the phone via USB (Android) but HiSuite still uses the WiFi connection that is active. Clicking the "Turn off Wifi connection" icon in the app does not start the HiSuite USB connection when already plugged into USB: Unplug and reconnect the USB cable HiSuite will connect via USB. Moral turn of the Wifi connection in HiSuite before attaching the USB cable.

Edited by FrownBreaker