Whats the best rom to use? Esp to help lack of internal space

Guest nevdroid

Guest nevdroid

My brother has an Acer Liquid Metal and hasnt been able to do much with it as the internal storage is full up... without installing many apps.

Is there anyway to help solve this issue?

Is there an app he can install to move stuff over to SD card?

Whats the situation with custom roms... are there any that offer a more refined experience than stock and worth installing.

My brother will want a reliable phone and wont be interested in tinkering too much.

Guest ltpitt

If you look for a perfectly (I mean perfectly) working rom you should use t&l plus technolover's kernel plus link2sd.

:)

All the other roms are great but not perfectly working, at least in my experience.

Guest ltpitt
Try MIUI 2.4.6 :)

and always thanks to Lens Flare

Would you believe it's what I'm writing from?

I had a fast cm9 today (great: what a pity is not complete) and now I'm on miui.

Everything looks perfect except the screen blinking when you receive a call (what is that?)

Can you use link2sd? How?

Edited by ltpitt

Guest mariosbbs

Sorry, my Liquid MT display is half gone :( a friend was here with his big dog!!..jumped on the bed and the phone falled down :wacko: now the display have a green "decoration" in the middle

Guest Mtman1
Sorry, my Liquid MT display is half gone :( a friend was here with his big dog!!..jumped on the bed and the phone falled down :wacko: now the display have a green "decoration" in the middle

Maybe you should send it back :D

Guest mariosbbs

Maybe you should send it back :D

Back? To Acer? The phone is "as new" but them always attempt to "obtain cash " (and here the repair service is controlled by an external firm :( ) I think that the replacement screen + job and shipment easily goes to 150€ :(

Guest Mtman1

Back? To Acer? The phone is "as new" but them always attempt to "obtain cash " (and here the repair service is controlled by an external firm :( ) I think that the replacement screen + job and shipment easily goes to 150€ :(

Don't you have a warrenty

Guest ltpitt

Check part availability and price an fix it yourself :)

Guest mariosbbs

Don't you have a warrenty

yes, but the company that takes care of the assistance for Acer each time try to find the catch and not make a warranty claim :(

( I have a small firm that also sells Acer notebooks ) when we call them for some new notebook with broken hard disc or defective motherboard

they make us a first interrogation, trying to figure out if "someone has tampered with something" :unsure: :blink:

it's very irritating!

After that, they list the price to pay if they believe the fault is not considered "innate"

Everytime talk with Acer assistance is like a pain :wacko:

Guest mariosbbs

Check part availability and price an fix it yourself :)

nothing for now :(

the official price of the original Acer replacement is 100€ + 21% ( tax ) :o

some retailers in HongKong sell other (multi)touch screen at prices like about 19/30€ (3,7", 4.1", 4,3", 5,0" !!! )

but not suitable fot Acer Liquid MT <_<

Guest vkashin

mine has the exact same thing! was minimal after the drop, but has become more prominent after 2 weeks.. T.T

check this link out

http://www.zandparts.com/acer/index.php?cPath=139443_171803_222598_222614_222628

zandparts sells the TFT panel for 63+ Euros excluding VAT.. not sure whether it's original or not, but that's the only site i found that sells it.. that price excluding VAT & shipping is already more than a quarter of what i paid for the phone.. sigh..

Guest mariosbbs
Our screen is curved, is that screen curved or flat?

I have found the touchscreen on EBay (43€),the retailer said them not have the LCD :( the curved part is only the touchscreen (but I think that this is only some "cover" for the real touch part)