Huawei launcher and apps moving when updated

Guest pelago

Guest pelago

With the stock Huawei launcher, I put apps in folders and I left gaps on some pages of the launcher. However, whenever an app receives an update from the Play Store, it will be removed from the folder and will fill in the gaps that I had made.

I was wondering if all launchers were like this, or if it was just the Huawei launcher? If it's just the Huawei launcher, is there any way to stop it doing this, other than changing to another launcher?

Guest eirlysbill1

yeah, I didn't like that launcher very much. But, if you long-click on the apps in the launcher you can them move them into the gaps, by sliding them with your finger. Its a bit fiddly, cause it just moves stuff around as you go, but it works. So, once you fill in all the gaps, then all updates and new apps will go to the last page.

I installed the Kiri B888 rom about 2-3 weeks ago, and it came with another launcher (can't remember the name exactly: Nemus or Nexus??) and it's sortable by alphabet. That I like :-)

If you are thinking of going to the Kiri rom, there are few things you should know so check it out first.

All the best, Bill

PS: sorry just re-read your post. I remember the folders too, but never used them sorry. So I can't help you there

Edited by eirlysbill1

Guest FrankieADZ

Thanks. I guess I'll try another launcher. What's the Huawei one called, by the way, so I know to avoid it?

when u install another launcher it will give you the option between Huawei Launcher & the one you've downloaded.

Personally on GIngerbread I use either Holo Launcher or LauncherPro.

Guest RussellS

Nemus launcher being used here.

I've not come across the Nemus Launcher before, I've always used LauncherPro. However, I havn't put LauncherPro on my G300 because I don't think it adds much to the stock Huawei launcher.

What do you like about Nemus launcher and what does it add over the stock Huawei launcher.

Guest eirlysbill1

yeah it is Nemus I have. Its got lots of customisation, but so do others. On the blade, I used ADW (?), Launcherpro, Go Launcher, and some 3D one (?) all at one time or another. I have to say I like Nemus the best, for its clean interface. I think it looks sharp and uncluttered.