[ROM]<<<Mokee SF2>>>Link up

Guest raverrr

Guest domenico lamberti

2 problems so far, kinda annoying, not making me want to leave yet, problem one, notification bar lags like hell, drag it down, stays on the far left screen for about 5 seconds, before SLOWLY snapping into the middle one, the second problem is the messaging app keeps crashing on me

Guest gabriwinter

Not working:

-Flashlight (no surprise there)

-bluetooth (hopefully easy fix)

-Titanium backup is unable to gain root access but other things that need root work.(beats me)

All working for me, bluetooth with wifi ON and TB after installing superuser.

Edited by gabriwinter

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Really like this one, it's very clean looking, elegant even. As I said before it reminds me a lot of MIUI but with the launcher I like (Launcher Pro) instead of the horrible (my impression anyways) launcher on that rom. I know Daz doesn't really like it that much either but he still made a great job bringing it to us ;)

2 problems so far, kinda annoying, not making me want to leave yet, problem one, notification bar lags like hell, drag it down, stays on the far left screen for about 5 seconds, before SLOWLY snapping into the middle one, the second problem is the messaging app keeps crashing on me

Not tried the messaging app but I did notice the other lag problem, seems to me though it only happens when you look at the notifications due to the other info that is shown there, it would seem the lag is the wait while it fetches that info, I do agree tho it's a bit bad when it could probably have been done in the background periodically (which could be configured in the rom's settings somewhere), hopefully that might be added later.

Thanks for the rom though raverrr, very nice work ;)

Guest raverrr

Really like this one, it's very clean looking, elegant even. As I said before it reminds me a lot of MIUI but with the launcher I like (Launcher Pro) instead of the horrible (my impression anyways) launcher on that rom. I know Daz doesn't really like it that much either but he still made a great job bringing it to us ;)

Not tried the messaging app but I did notice the other lag problem, seems to me though it only happens when you look at the notifications due to the other info that is shown there, it would seem the lag is the wait while it fetches that info, I do agree tho it's a bit bad when it could probably have been done in the background periodically (which could be configured in the rom's settings somewhere), hopefully that might be added later.

Thanks for the rom though raverrr, very nice work ;)

I will lock some apps in memory to hopefully cure some lag. Messaging force closed on me yesterday evening but only after letting the phone sleep when I was half way though a text. Apart from that I went all day without a fC.

Guest raverrr

These are only present in the stock ROM as at the moment they don't work properly in CM7 (and I assume they're also missing from this).

@raverrr

You're more than welcome to attempt the fix, though. Bear in mind you will have to adjust init.blade2.rc accordingly to create the services. The issue is my current focus.

Edit:

Wait, does Bluetooth not work at all or is it Wi-Fi dependent?

If it doesn't work at all you want to look at your hciattach service (and maybe the hcd files).

Ow ...I thought I just forgot a file in the port or something lol. Not so easy to fix then

Guest XMasterNinni

These are only present in the stock ROM as at the moment they don't work properly in CM7 (and I assume they're also missing from this).

@raverrr

You're more than welcome to attempt the fix, though. Bear in mind you will have to adjust init.blade2.rc accordingly to create the services. The issue is my current focus.

Edit:

Wait, does Bluetooth not work at all or is it Wi-Fi dependent?

If it doesn't work at all you want to look at your hciattach service (and maybe the hcd files).

Isn't it about smali replacing in framework.jar?

That also worked for me.

Guest Dazzozo

Ow ...I thought I just forgot a file in the port or something lol. Not so easy to fix then

It will probably end up being something annoyingly simple. If you happen to fix it, throw the fix my way, it's an issue with anything built from a source base which is everything I do. :P

Guest Dazzozo

Isn't it about smali replacing in framework.jar?

That also worked for me.

You got any specifics about this? I can imagine how it could be framework but I've not seen anything on it.

Guest XMasterNinni

I copied btld, bt_testmode.sh and bluetoothd from /bin and also all BT libs.

In framework.jar I replaced

android/bluetooth

android/server/*bluetooth

I also pushed the base Bluetooth.apk..

Guest Dazzozo
I copied btld, bt_testmode.sh and bluetoothd from /bin and also all BT libs.

In framework.jar I replaced

android/bluetooth

android/server/*bluetooth

I also pushed the base Bluetooth.apk..

Will be back in about half hour to try this out for CM7. Thanks.

Guest Dazzozo

I can't believe I'm seeing this, I think Bluetooth might actually be sort-of living without Wi-Fi on.

# bt_testmode.sh
bt_testmode.sh
BCM-DUT start
< HCI Command: ogf 0x03, ocf 0x0003, plen 0
> HCI Event: 0x0e plen 4
01 05 0C 00
< HCI Command: ogf 0x03, ocf 0x0005, plen 3
02 00 02
01 16 0C 00
< HCI Command: ogf 0x03, ocf 0x001a, plen 1
01 05 0C 00
< HCI Command: ogf 0x06, ocf 0x0003, plen 0
01 03 18 00
BCM-DUT ok
[/CODE] I had to make a lot more changes than what XMasterNinni suggested but that got the ball rolling. I found the com.broadcom stuff that was missing from before lying around in the debranded ROMs and put BrcmBluetoothServices.apk on the device. I also couldn't directly substitute the bluetooth and server/bluetooth directories, these needed modification. logcat results from running testmode:
[CODE]
E/bluez_hciattach( 743): Call init_uart
E/bluez_hciattach( 743): ->bcm2035
E/bluez_hciattach( 743): read HCD file ok, size=38135
E/bluez_hciattach( 743): download hcd file success
E/bluez_hciattach( 743): bt-addr:0x0ebeccb21a68
E/bluez_hciattach( 743): Set PCM ok
E/bluez_hciattach( 743): Set sleep mode ok
E/bluez_hciattach( 743): BT chip change BaudRate to: 3000000
E/bluez_hciattach( 743): <-bcm2035
E/bluez_hciattach( 743): Device setup complete

I just need to kind of polish it up now, get everything working and then decide how the hell we distribute these changes.

Guest Dazzozo

If this is what you hope is it poss it could be implemented in ics or only gb.

Good work

Both, but we might have to modify it a little more for ICS but that shouldn't be a problem.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Never actually use BT myself but I'm glad you seem to be getting it sorted, I know it bugged you....a lot ;)

By the way, you might want to use the centre clock addon, I can confirm it works fine. Although they have a warning "Be careful if you are using soft buttons, they can overlap and it looks ugly."

Was just looking through the apps too (was actually removing es file explorer...yuk, replaced with root explorer...yum :P), did you notice you're using the zte skate settings apk?

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest Dazzozo

logcat: http://pastebin.com/6jZbuJV9

dmesg: http://pastebin.com/B2ychSsq

Of particular note, line 151 on the logcat it clearly pulls my MAC address with the Wi-Fi being disabled. It's generally a lot more interesting than what we had in the past and is probably a simple fix.

Edit: Sorry for hijacking the thread, raverrr :P

Edit 2: Seems to complain that bluetoothd isn't up, so I'm manually running this. Before I turn on Bluetooth, I get spammed with "connect: Connection refused" in bluetoothd and:

I/DTUN_CLNT( 2124): connect_srv ret:-1 server name:brcm.bt.btlif.9000
D/DTUN_CLNT( 2124): BTLIF_MAKE_LOCAL_SERVER_NAME return name: brcm.bt.btlif.9000[/CODE]

In logcat. When I turn Bluetooth on however I get a really horrible crash, firstly, "Connected (9)" in bluetoothd, and after a while, the Bluetooth icon shows up in the notification area. This is short lived as the device immediately reboots, and continues to reboot until I kill bluetoothd. Sample log: http://pastebin.com/pD0ERhag

Though I actually think we've got further with this.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Metooism

Just checked it out on the Skate forums. Looks lovely. Can't wait to flash it onto my sis' blade 2!

你玩LOL?LOL you play?

Guest raverrr

logcat: http://pastebin.com/6jZbuJV9

dmesg: http://pastebin.com/B2ychSsq

Of particular note, line 151 on the logcat it clearly pulls my MAC address with the Wi-Fi being disabled. It's generally a lot more interesting than what we had in the past and is probably a simple fix.

Edit: Sorry for hijacking the thread, raverrr :P

Edit 2: Seems to complain that bluetoothd isn't up, so I'm manually running this. Before I turn on Bluetooth, I get spammed with "connect: Connection refused" in bluetoothd and:

I/DTUN_CLNT( 2124): connect_srv ret:-1 server name:brcm.bt.btlif.9000
D/DTUN_CLNT( 2124): BTLIF_MAKE_LOCAL_SERVER_NAME return name: brcm.bt.btlif.9000[/CODE]

In logcat. When I turn Bluetooth on however I get a really horrible crash, firstly, "Connected (9)" in bluetoothd, and after a while, the Bluetooth icon shows up in the notification area. This is short lived as the device immediately reboots, and continues to reboot until I kill bluetoothd. Sample log: http://pastebin.com/pD0ERhag

Though I actually think we've got further with this.

Don't mind me dude :). Hack away. :)

Guest tilal6991

@Daz

The problem is Bluetooth is not being enabled but the system thinks it is so starts the framework service which realizes that Bluetooth is actually enabled and so crashes the system thread.

Guest Dazzozo

@Daz

The problem is Bluetooth is not being enabled but the system thinks it is so starts the framework service which realizes that Bluetooth is actually enabled and so crashes the system thread.

Odd. If I do setprop ctl.start hciattach I'm able to manipulate Bluetooth manually through hciconfig and hcitool, it seems to respond well to testmode and is able to show my MAC address and show that the device is up. I can do scans and such and nothing seems to show anything alarming. I just can't get Android to like it.

I'm playing around with ServerThread in services.jar and it's not looking good, though I'm not sure if I've gone off on an irrelevant tangent. (I'm porting over any references to broadcom, pretty much.)

Any pointers?

Edit: For what it's worth, all files that contain "broadcom" in all of the framework jars. I'd say the top... 6 (ignoring the first)? are the challenge as they already exist in CM and need to be merged.

http://pastebin.com/eEkeiJWM

Edited by Dazzozo