CM7 Interest?

Guest Frankish

Guest billybiro

I know most of us are looking forward to Official ICS, CM9 etc but is there anyone that has great interest in a CM7 port? Chances are it would be stable pretty quick whereas CM9 will definitely take some time, from experience with previous devices camera and bluetooth cause lots of problems.

I know a few people have already voiced interest so far so discuss/vote.

Absolutely, positively, Yes.

I'm running CM7 on my Orange San Francisco and it's so stable and feature-packed that it's given my old SanFran a completely new lease of life. The CM7 ROM really is *that* good. I don't own a G300, but am considering getting one. If there was a stable CM7 ROM for it, I'd get one in a heartbeat!

Guest Jekle

I think people are saying no for CM7 as they think it with replace CM9. Which is no true. We want CM7 as it is easy to make hardware work. While CM9 has plenty of issues but these issues will go when ICS is released by Huawei

Guest t-bon3

I think people are saying no for CM7 as they think it with replace CM9. Which is no true. We want CM7 as it is easy to make hardware work. While CM9 has plenty of issues but these issues will go when ICS is released by Huawei

I don't agree. CM7 is OK but is it worth the effort of porting it to the G300 just for the few weeks until Hauwei release their ICS update and we can get to work on a fully functional CM9/AOSP/AOKP build?

It's not like we have to face HTC sense, Samsung Touchwiz or Sony Timescape every day, Huawei's version of android 2.3 is bearable with some simple mods.

Guest Smiff2

what t-bon3 said. when ICS is out, assuming it's pretty stable from Huawei, who is going to want to use gingerbread or CM7? A few people need the CM features but why not put that effort into debugging ICS mods / CM9. unless totally different people want to work on 7 and 9 for the G300 i guess.

Edited by Smiff2

The point is that cm7 is fully working and once compiled thats it job done,no more effort used.

People here are in a panic that if we get cm7 time will be wasted,but that is just crazy thought.CM7 gets compiled and thats it,move on to fixing cm9.

Guest Pondlife

They've only said q3 for ICS from what I've seen that could be as late as the end of September if they even stick to schedule.

Guest RussellS

Yeah, I must admit that annoys the hell out of me as well. To be fair though, that is the only thing I don't like about the Huawei rom.

I must admit that since making the above statement the other day I have realised that there are other little things that annoy me about the Huawei rom.

The most annoying are:

The homescreen doesn't rotate.

The music player plays the tracks on an album in alphabetical order instead of track order.

When you create a new event in the calendar app there is no option to select which Google calendar to apply the event to. For instance, I have 4 Google calendars setup, a general home one, a work one and one for each of my kids school events. With the standard CM7 calendar app you can choose which one you want to apply the event into but the Huawei calendar doesn't give that option.

.....and probably others that I can't think of at the moment.

So, I too would definitely like CM7 on the G300.

Guest pelago

The homescreen doesn't rotate.

The music player plays the tracks on an album in alphabetical order instead of track order.

When you create a new event in the calendar app there is no option to select which Google calendar to apply the event to. For instance, I have 4 Google calendars setup, a general home one, a work one and one for each of my kids school events. With the standard CM7 calendar app you can choose which one you want to apply the event into but the Huawei calendar doesn't give that option.

Although I'd like CM7 too, the things you mention could be fixed just by installing other apps.

Guest Mtman1

You could install other apps. However, I think that it just wastes space on the memory/sad card. And it also uses up tons of ram :( cm7 ftw :)

Guest RussellS

Although I'd like CM7 too, the things you mention could be fixed just by installing other apps.

I totally agree and in fact I have alternative calendar and music apps to overcome these deficiencies. However, it annoys me that I have to install third party apps to do something that the built in ones should do by themselves.

Guest Smiff2

The point is that cm7 is fully working and once compiled thats it job done,no more effort used.

People here are in a panic that if we get cm7 time will be wasted,but that is just crazy thought.CM7 gets compiled and thats it,move on to fixing cm9.

it's not that simple is it, if it was there wouldn't be this discussion.. i remember CM7 on Blade took months to get right.. it is now excellent and i stopped updating our two phones around xmas because it was essentially perfect.

They've only said q3 for ICS from what I've seen that could be as late as the end of September if they even stick to schedule.

if ICS is 3 months away and CM7 can be finished in say.. 1 month, it might be worth doing? dunno, up to the devs..

Edited by Smiff2

It is exactly that simple,the only difficulty is people agreeing and disagreeing on it.

And of course there is the difficulty for the the Dev to compile cm7,but compared to the work ahead with cm9 that will be more easy.

And if tilal or another dev decides it is not too much trouble to do this then that is cool.

We don't exactly have a lot of custom roms to choose from,so it is good to have whatever custom rom is possible,it is better for the growth of the community around this device.That is one of the reasons I say yes to cm7 because I am looking ahead and not just looking at now.I may not even use cm7 myself if tillaz is bringing AtomicMod here,but it is nice to have a selection of roms.

But I understand why some may disagree because when ics or cm9 is here that is what everyone will be using.

Edited by Guest

Guest FrankieADZ

It is exactly that simple,the only difficulty is people agreeing and disagreeing on it.

And of course there is the difficulty for the the Dev to compile cm7,but compared to the work ahead with cm9 that will be more easy.

And if tilal or another dev decides it is not too much trouble to do this then that is cool.

well said, I agree with you there. :)

Guest FrankieADZ

if anyone was going to do a CM7 mod. i wonder if they'd look at the tweaks/mods/extras found and maybe add them into there build :)

Guest RussellS

http://www.cyanogenmod.com/

CM7 is an aftermarket Gingerbread release for many different phones even if the manufacturer hasn't released Gingerbread themselves.

CM9 is an Ice Cream Sandwich release from the same developers.

Edited by RussellS

Guest tilal6991

So my dad just said that he ordered a g300 and it's arriving tomorrow!

Although he could be trolling me (has done so in the past) and I'm also out of town in the middle of nowhere until Wednesday.

Guest FrankieADZ

So my dad just said that he ordered a g300 and it's arriving tomorrow!

Although he could be trolling me (has done so in the past) and I'm also out of town in the middle of nowhere until Wednesday.

nice :D

i hope hes not trolling u....if he is...I suggest u get him back :)