Photo

CM7 Interest?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like to see CM7 on G300? (159 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see CM7 on G300?

1. Yes. (123 votes [77.36%])

Percentage of vote: 77.36%

2. No. (30 votes [18.87%])

Percentage of vote: 18.87%

3. Maybe if i knew what it was/is?! (6 votes [3.77%])

Percentage of vote: 3.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

RussellS

RussellS

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Devices:Blade, Huawei G300, Jiayu G3

There are a few things in Huawei's rom that are starting to irritate me ie the little pop-up that tells me it will cost me if I connect from my wifi,

Yeah, I must admit that annoys the hell out of me as well. To be fair though, that is the only thing I don't like about the Huawei rom.

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD
I have one thing that really annoys me with the huawei roms and that is the screen rotate :angry2: I will explain what I mean.
When you are finished in an app,say browser in landscape mode,and go to another app,rotating to portrait mode,the screen appears in landscape before rotating to portrait.Why it does this I do not know,but I suspect it has something to do with that silly bouncy rotate in stock browser.

RussellS

RussellS

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

I have one thing that really annoys me with the huawei roms and that is the screen rotate :angry2: I will explain what I mean.
When you are finished in an app,say browser in landscape mode,and go to another app,rotating to portrait mode,the screen appears in landscape before rotating to portrait.Why it does this I do not know,but I suspect it has something to do with that silly bouncy rotate in stock browser.

I hadn't noticed that behavior so I've just tried it and you are right, it does. However, I've also just tried it on CM7 and it does the same thing.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean.

Edited by RussellS, 13 June 2012 - 09:58 AM.

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

I hadn't noticed that behavior so I've just tried it and you are right, it does. However, I've also just tried it on CM7 and it does the same thing.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean.

I have not had this on any other device.
Maybe I explain it wrong,or maybe all androids have this and I just never noticed,I try explain a little different.

So lets say you are browsing the web in landscape mode,you then hit home button to return to desktop,now load up another app in portrait mode,and it opens in landscape before entering portrait as it should have done as soon as app opened.It does not always do it,but most times.

RussellS

RussellS

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
Sorry, my fault, I did misunderstand you.

You are quite right, the Huawei rom does do this whereas CM7 does not. The only thing I did notice is that on CM7 when you quit out of the browser the desktop is in landscape mode so as soon as you rotate the phone back to portrait mode the desktop rotates accordingly. However with the Huawei rom the desktop does not seem to be able to rotate so it is not getting the chance to rotate back to portrait until another app is loaded that does have the ability to rotate.

Just an thought.

billybiro

billybiro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

I know most of us are looking forward to Official ICS, CM9 etc but is there anyone that has great interest in a CM7 port? Chances are it would be stable pretty quick whereas CM9 will definitely take some time, from experience with previous devices camera and bluetooth cause lots of problems.

I know a few people have already voiced interest so far so discuss/vote.

Absolutely, positively, Yes.

I'm running CM7 on my Orange San Francisco and it's so stable and feature-packed that it's given my old SanFran a completely new lease of life. The CM7 ROM really is *that* good. I don't own a G300, but am considering getting one. If there was a stable CM7 ROM for it, I'd get one in a heartbeat!

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
3/4 in favor and 1/4 against.......So its a resounding yes then!

buckleheid

buckleheid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Devices:ascend g300,SG2
would love to see cm7 on the g300,ant excuse to tinker/alter the look and feel of the phone

Jekle

Jekle

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Devices:OSF, Galaxy Ace, Ascend G300
I think people are saying no for CM7 as they think it with replace CM9. Which is no true. We want CM7 as it is easy to make hardware work. While CM9 has plenty of issues but these issues will go when ICS is released by Huawei

t-bon3

t-bon3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Android
  • Devices:Moto G, Nexus 7

I think people are saying no for CM7 as they think it with replace CM9. Which is no true. We want CM7 as it is easy to make hardware work. While CM9 has plenty of issues but these issues will go when ICS is released by Huawei

I don't agree. CM7 is OK but is it worth the effort of porting it to the G300 just for the few weeks until Hauwei release their ICS update and we can get to work on a fully functional CM9/AOSP/AOKP build?
It's not like we have to face HTC sense, Samsung Touchwiz or Sony Timescape every day, Huawei's version of android 2.3 is bearable with some simple mods.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200
Oh so you have confirmation that ICS is being released in a few weeks for the G300?

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
Of course it is worth it,every rom counts,the more choice the better.

Smiff2

Smiff2

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Devices:Blade, U8510, G300
what t-bon3 said. when ICS is out, assuming it's pretty stable from Huawei, who is going to want to use gingerbread or CM7? A few people need the CM features but why not put that effort into debugging ICS mods / CM9. unless totally different people want to work on 7 and 9 for the G300 i guess.

Edited by Smiff2, 14 June 2012 - 10:45 PM.

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
The point is that cm7 is fully working and once compiled thats it job done,no more effort used.
People here are in a panic that if we get cm7 time will be wasted,but that is just crazy thought.CM7 gets compiled and thats it,move on to fixing cm9.

Pondlife

Pondlife

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Devices:nexus 7
They've only said q3 for ICS from what I've seen that could be as late as the end of September if they even stick to schedule.

RussellS

RussellS

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Yeah, I must admit that annoys the hell out of me as well. To be fair though, that is the only thing I don't like about the Huawei rom.

I must admit that since making the above statement the other day I have realised that there are other little things that annoy me about the Huawei rom.

The most annoying are:

The homescreen doesn't rotate.
The music player plays the tracks on an album in alphabetical order instead of track order.
When you create a new event in the calendar app there is no option to select which Google calendar to apply the event to. For instance, I have 4 Google calendars setup, a general home one, a work one and one for each of my kids school events. With the standard CM7 calendar app you can choose which one you want to apply the event into but the Huawei calendar doesn't give that option.

.....and probably others that I can't think of at the moment.

So, I too would definitely like CM7 on the G300.

pelago

pelago

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Nokia N900

The homescreen doesn't rotate.
The music player plays the tracks on an album in alphabetical order instead of track order.
When you create a new event in the calendar app there is no option to select which Google calendar to apply the event to. For instance, I have 4 Google calendars setup, a general home one, a work one and one for each of my kids school events. With the standard CM7 calendar app you can choose which one you want to apply the event into but the Huawei calendar doesn't give that option.

Although I'd like CM7 too, the things you mention could be fixed just by installing other apps.

Mtman1

Mtman1

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • Devices:Liquid MT
You could install other apps. However, I think that it just wastes space on the memory/sad card. And it also uses up tons of ram :( cm7 ftw :)

RussellS

RussellS

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Although I'd like CM7 too, the things you mention could be fixed just by installing other apps.

I totally agree and in fact I have alternative calendar and music apps to overcome these deficiencies. However, it annoys me that I have to install third party apps to do something that the built in ones should do by themselves.

Smiff2

Smiff2

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Devices:Blade, U8510, G300

The point is that cm7 is fully working and once compiled thats it job done,no more effort used.
People here are in a panic that if we get cm7 time will be wasted,but that is just crazy thought.CM7 gets compiled and thats it,move on to fixing cm9.

it's not that simple is it, if it was there wouldn't be this discussion.. i remember CM7 on Blade took months to get right.. it is now excellent and i stopped updating our two phones around xmas because it was essentially perfect.

They've only said q3 for ICS from what I've seen that could be as late as the end of September if they even stick to schedule.

if ICS is 3 months away and CM7 can be finished in say.. 1 month, it might be worth doing? dunno, up to the devs..

Edited by Smiff2, 15 June 2012 - 11:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users