CM7 Interest?

Guest Frankish

Cooool will be looking forward to what you can get ot of this device.

So you say you are away till wednesday,as in perfect wednesday rom day :lol: not that we expect a rom that fast lol,just like its ment to be,tilal getting his hands on a g300 on a wednesday!

Edited by Guest

Guest FrankieADZ

Cooool will be looking forward to what you can get ot of this device.

So you say you are away till wednesday,as in perfect wednesday rom day not that we expect a rom that fast lol,just like its ment to be,tilal getting his hands on a g300 on a wednesday!

"Perfect ROM Wednesday's" Oh how I miss them :D

Guest Frankish

Not a lot but you have to have a dev willing to maintain it. I'm guessing down the line we will get official support with CM9 eventually.

Guest FrankieADZ

Not a lot but you have to have a dev willing to maintain it. I'm guessing down the line we will get official support with CM9 eventually.

hope so, be nice if we got some official support :)

• 1 month later...
Guest unaszplodrmann

CM7 would a waste of energy, given that kernel 3.0.x sources are available and ICS support is about to be officially added. I know that more ROMs to have fun with is appealing, but its a waste of time when ICS, and potentially CM9, is around the corner. Work on CM9 would provide a basis for Jelly Bean/CM10 also. CM7 is great, but Android 4.x is where its at for the G300, I reckon.

Guest FrankieADZ

CM7 would a waste of energy, given that kernel 3.0.x sources are available and ICS support is about to be officially added. I know that more ROMs to have fun with is appealing, but its a waste of time when ICS, and potentially CM9, is around the corner. Work on CM9 would provide a basis for Jelly Bean/CM10 also. CM7 is great, but Android 4.x is where its at for the G300, I reckon.

CM9 around the corner...well it was...but i think development on the g300 has stopped.

tho im not 100% sure on that tbf

Guest fr0do

CM9 around the corner...well it was...but i think development on the g300 has stopped.

tho im not 100% sure on that tbf

I think public development by the Monaco team has ceased due to Qiwu stealing what everyone else is sharing and then adding his bit and claiming all the work as his own.

Hopefully the remaining devs on the team will continue the closed development.

Guest Davidoff59

Not stealing as its open source. It's the ril that he has managed to reverse but won't share that has stopped development for now.

Guest unaszplodrmann

Not stealing as its open source. It's the ril that he has managed to reverse but won't share that has stopped development for now.

Bearing an open source license does not preclude code from being stolen. ''Open source'' does not equal ''unlicensed''.

Guest Hogweed

He has said in a post that he is currently travelling away from home. Still has a few bugs to sort out but intends to post the source when he gets back home. That's what he says anyway. Anyone else is welcome to reverse the radio interface before he does so if they wish and are able.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest fr0do

He's active and posting elsewhere. Sorry, stealing was the wrong word to use. 'Using' what other developers have achieved and then adding that to his own RIL work to make something more complete than anyone else can.

I can see why the other developers are put out by this. And why they would want to treat him like he is treating them.

Things could be better, but we have to be happy with what we've got I guess.

Guest Hogweed

Yes I can see why that would be annoying but let's hope that he does the right thing and releases the code soon as he said in his last set of posts here.

Guest skobywan

Yes I can see why that would be annoying but let's hope that he does the right thing and releases the code soon as he said in his last set of posts here.

Social pressure works. Get 10 people following him around all of his posts asking why he thinks its fine for him to take what ever he pleases from the community and make grandiose claims without giving anything to back it. To be honest, I think he was probably exaggerating in the first place and now is hiding in a hole on another part of the forum hoping the heat will die off. You get morons like that every where on the internet, I don't see why here would be an exception.

Guest vladax10

Development for this great device isnt too good,i mean worse phones have much much better roms and interests,i cant believe that our device doesnt have CM9(actuaaly has but camera and BT doesnt work)....but i am looking forward for much better situation...P.S thumbs up for CM7!...tilal we would like to port this for us,you are great developer...thanks.

Guest Davidoff59

I dont think Qiwu was lying about getting the ril reversed. I'm pretty sure he did it on Gingerbread and shared it and he also shared how to extract the update.app. I feel that he may have been frustrated that Dazzozo was then releasing the Rom and not him. I haven't seen any more of. his g300 work anywhere so he may be busy but he is updating other phones on github.

Guest Hogweed

Social pressure works. Get 10 people following him around all of his posts asking why he thinks its fine for him to take what ever he pleases from the community and make grandiose claims without giving anything to back it. To be honest, I think he was probably exaggerating in the first place and now is hiding in a hole on another part of the forum hoping the heat will die off. You get morons like that every where on the internet, I don't see why here would be an exception.

Unless I'm mistaken he coded the earlier (pre-ICS) radio implementation and released the working source for that. That suggests he is not a moron if that was the case.

The name-calling and public muck slinging in this forum really don't improve things in my opinion.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest e-k-i-m

If someone make minimalistic Rom without the add apps with CM7 it will by great... I dont like customization like sense etc... So I dont like SMS on G300 I want defaoult sms form CM7 roms :D

Guest Rostilj xD

I want CM7 too.. GB is more stable than ICS.. G300 is great phone and i think that people should can choose between CM7 CM9 and I hope CM10..

Sorry for my bad english!

Guest FrankieADZ

after having to use my ZTE Blade for a couple a days(Which has CM7)

I have to say...i think its missed a trick and would have been great on the G300.