9 replies to this topic

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200
I'm so tempted by this and I could give my G300 to my mother who is using a Samsung Tocco. (LOL!) The review by Paul seems really good almost like Orange slipped him something :P But I know how good Paul is at reviews as he even slates is beloved HTC when they drop the ball.

I suppose the only thing stopping me is the hackability... Seems very quiet or is that the calm before the storm? All these posts about seeing test ICS builds also has me really enticed but not sure how long it would be until those tests become stable and even public!

I'm rambling now but I'm a huge fan of new device development and Modaco is the only place to be when it comes to following it!

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,349 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Calm before the storm I hope. My SD is broken but I'm hoping tog et it replaced shortly...!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
What is the issue so I know what to look out for. I find that very poor that you ended up with a defective one?!

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
Also if it is broken this quickly surely you can walk into a store and just get your replacement that way?

spences10

spences10

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Devices:DELL Streak, ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@spences10
My one had a bit of what looks like chips to the [possibly] metal body on the top right of the device

Frankish, did i swap my San Fran with you for a Desire nearly two years ago?

I have ORD

Samsung Galaxy Nexus
ROM: CM9 Skankwich
ClockworkMod recovery [of course]

Circle Me
Follow Me

darkvicious

darkvicious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Edited by darkvicious, 13 June 2012 - 10:42 AM.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts

What is the issue so I know what to look out for. I find that very poor that you ended up with a defective one?!

Don't be a muppet and force-flash a recovery image from a different device ;)

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts

I suppose the only thing stopping me is the hackability... Seems very quiet or is that the calm before the storm? All these posts about seeing test ICS builds also has me really enticed but not sure how long it would be until those tests become stable and even public!

More devs and people with the skills to mod and hack the phones need to buy these. At the moment Paul is the only one that has. ICS builds will be shared once there is either a stock ROM available for people to restore in the event of any issues, or a custom recovery is available for people to make backups. The ICS roms need a little work for them to be fully usable as they are using test keys which will result in a broken market for everyone.

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
I'm sure the test keys is a minor issue to fix and yes spence a San Fran and a bit of cash I think it was?

And I had a feeling the issue with Pauls phone was something err like that.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts
Yeah, once the SD has a clockwork recovery or similar then the ICS ROM can be fixed up and distributed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users