This or Galaxy Nexus - genuine question!

Guest pritsey

Guest pritsey

I've recently moved over to Android from my iPhone 4 after it went kaput. Currently using a G300 which I've rooted and unlocked and it;s not bad, but hanker after something a little beefier.

The Galaxy Nexus is just over the £300 mark new now, so not too expensive and the SD is obviously £200. I use T-mob so not an issue for either handset, but what I'm wondering is what's the benefit of going for one of the other?

I'm after somethign that is quick and has no lag, takes pictures quickly (I have kids that don't sit still long!) and the battery will last at least a day of moderate use.

Thoughts please!

Thanks

Craig

Guest pritsey

GNex no question

I have both, and if I was asked 'which one' the San Diego would have to go

Thanks for answer - what is it that woudl make you keep the GNex though?

Guest Spooke

I don't own a San Diego but my brother has a Galaxy Nexus - the screen is amazing (1280x720), the camera takes pretty decent pictures for a camera phone, the shutter speed is good too, not much lag between it really. His battery easily lasts a day of usage and if he uses it sparingly he can get two days of decent usage - odd text/call, internet, games, camera..

The San Diego is a good choice if you want to save some money on the purchase as I'm sure it would be perfectly adequate for what your after as from looking at some reviews it is a pretty fast phone compared to the high end manufacturers, the camera seems fast in the reviews but it's not the best quality one.

Here is a good review of the same phone, just different branding and look.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5770/lava-xolo-x900-review-the-first-intel-medfield-phone

Edited by Spooke

Guest pritsey

I used the Lumia 800 for a few weeks and found the screen pretty grainy - possibly due to being pentile. Have you found this with the GNex?

Guest GlenH

Yep the GNex is pentile. I find that it does tend to look a bit grainy.

The San diego screen is lovely high res and clear, but seems a bit low contrast compared to an amoled screen. Viewing angles aren't brilliant either, if that matters to you.

Incidentally, the photos from the SD look much better imo if you make sure to switch on the back lighting compensation (symbol that looks like a sun behind a door).