San Diego Owners Present?

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

As with all new devices the forums here are pretty quiet at the minute, most people i assume waiting in anticipation for some kind of root exploit to be found. What i'd like to do is gauge the owners to interest to not at all interested of us present. So vote in the poll or discuss.

Do you own one?

Will you keep it if root is not achieved even after weeks/months?

Do you plan on owning one?

Are you giving this one a miss? And if so WHY?

Just as a side note, i went on GSM arena and put in phone search for something with,

NFC.

4-5 inch screen.

Min res of 480x800.

8mp Camera.

Front facing camera.

The phones that showed up were the likes of One X, Galaxy Nexus and some coming LG devices. Then the San Diego, it just highlights the value of this device!

Guest yoni_max

I will buy one once an unlock becomes available, but that would be with the assumption that root would be achieved further down the line.

Guest Mtman1

As everybody else has said, I'll consider it when it has a free unlock method as I am quite happy with my Acer liquid metal

Edited by Mtman1

Guest Simon O

As weird as this sounds, I'm not bothered about root or hackability too much. I like the device for what it is. Of course, hacking is a nice extra but it isn't essential for me as the phone is that good anyway.

Guest Rem1x

As weird as this sounds, I'm not bothered about root or hackability too much. I like the device for what it is. Of course, hacking is a nice extra but it isn't essential for me as the phone is that good anyway.

The device is fantastic - software is less so. I've replaced every damn app that it came with and I still miss ICS/AOKP.

Guest PaulOBrien

The root / hackability bothers me for two main reasons...

- I use apps that need root. They are a vital part of my usage pattern, simple as that.

- ICS is out there if we could install it. I use Chrome a lot on my phone and only ICS allows me to use it.

P

Guest captainkremmen

I'd been after a decent, well priced phone for a while now and this is the first one I've found in a few months that has great performance at a good price. Being able to add a custom rom etc. would be a bonus, definitely, but it's not a deal breaker for me. It would be nice to have that internal MicroSD slot activated some way though. But so far the phone does everything I want at a very good price and it does it fast and smooth. The only two negatives are the annoying clicking sound when playing back video recorded with the phone and the lack of Orange Signal Boost as the signal here isn't very good, being a rural area.

Oh and it was Paul's review that finally made up my mind, and it turned out to be very accurate, so a big thanks to Paul for the review.

Guest iam_smithers

This is pretty much my attitude. I bought it knowing there may not be any root or unlock but I don't really care too much if there isn't. If a community develops around the phone and it does get rooted and gets ROMs that will be more a bonus than a key factor in my purchasing decision.

Guest Frankish

Ics is more important to me than than root like some have said but I like to use apps that require root. I can haz bootl0aderz unlok?

Guest fastohm

Of the same opinion - much better than the blade

Guest geoff1951

I'm only really interested in getting rid of the Orange bloat - Navigon, Wednesdays, etc. My old OSF was greatly improved by rooting and installing Swedish Snow, but the San Diego is a completely different class of phone.

Guest k0nrad

I'm on a lookout for a phone upgrade, and the SD seems to be the best bargain on the market now and if I lived in UK I probably would skimp over no root and being tied to Orange for some time.

Sadly, I'm not part of the Great Polish Invasion (in fact I have never put a foot on British land yet) so I need an easy way to SIM unlock badly.

Guest Rusty!

Needs root on GB.

P

I thought it only needed root via the terminal, but was OK without via adb?

I know that was true of another pm command (setInstallLocation).

Edited by Rusty!

Guest Xenon0816

I'd get the SD, just as i got the osf (aka blade), but as I'm staying in germany, it's nonsense without an unlock for the sim.

Also I'm so used to CM now, that I don't wanna lose it. So root and sim unlock are essential for me.

Greetz

Guest boristhespie

Anyone kbow if you can use the likes of quidco cashback alongside your phonefund?

I got through quidco to orange but not sure how this could be affected if I go the phonefund way too.

just ordered mine,need a new toy to play with as I bricked my g300 :lol:

And looking at those specs,this is going to be one hell of a toy :D

I am aware there will be no modding with this device,but it is a good device still,I have my g300 for all the fun stuff,when it comes back from repairs.

Edited by Guest