Anyone found any newer roms?

Guest Frankish

Guest pOcHa

B895 is stock,however,the vendor contains a few Russian apps(easily removed with rom toolbox pro)

So then it does contain some bloatware after all, and is maybe not branded but is certainly not stock either. And considering the next sentence from the B895 document, I myself would stay clear of it (but what is your experience with it so far?):

"In this version, most modules have run steadily and could be tested, including most applications..."

Went through the whole B894 version, and so far the only noticeable difference to B888 is a slightly more sensitive touchscreen, and a quicker transition from lock screen to the launcher (but haven't installed any apps yet, so it might be just a subjective feeling). Isn't night yet here, so can't confirm the weather widget moon thing...

Edited by pOcHa

Guest rsrocha

Later i will compile this info into a single topic but i need help because i dont know what other versions came out before B888...

I suggest keeping an eye on that site where these roms where shared because at this rate we may have an ics build in the end of the month.

Guest Davidoff59

I seem to remember seeing somewhere that the ics build was being compiled by a Russian company for Huawei. Makes sense given all the leaks from that Russian site which seems to be our only source of leaks.

Guest FrankieADZ

I seem to remember seeing somewhere that the ics build was being compiled by a Russian company for Huawei. Makes sense given all the leaks from that Russian site which seems to be our only source of leaks.

well that kinda gives me hope that it will be leaked well before the proper release date then ;) lol

Guest rsrocha

I noticed an annoying thing since B894... I use an app to set my locale to English UK but after a reboot the locale goes back to English US making the phone numbers format with dashes.

Guest rsrocha

I know its cdma... Im thinking that it only makes a difference in the radio firmware. If we took that piece out it may well work. How is the radio firmware flashed? Is it inside the rom?

Guest rsrocha

Im downloading it at a nice speed. In 20 minutes i have it done.

How do you unpack and then repack the rom for flashing?

Edited by rsrocha

Guest Gary_J_Wright

the 8812 should NOT be flashed to your 8815/8818 until we have a way to repair if it bricks phone IT WONT FLASH TO PHONE error when unpacking / installing phone reboots OK

its also 600mb odd in size verus the 400Mb odd size of hauwei 8815 roms

the huawei update.app has NOT been successfully extracted yet (the early versions have been) there seems little news on progress of updating scripts to extract

we believe there is a b916(?) android 4 ics which is rumour to been developed for the 8815 simulator test bed

I dont think cygwin will extract the update.app - AS SUSPECTED CYGWIN CANNOT EXTRACT THIS....

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

I agree,you should not even think of using this update.app it is non-recoverable if it goes wrong,it would be different if this was in cwm format.

The device may be similar to g300 but that's where it ends,there is so much that will be different,kernel,libs,etc.

Guest weckl

I read that Huawei is actually working in optimizing Emotion UI in mid-low 512 RAM models like Honor and G300. So the possibility to see Emotion UI ICS in G300 is there. That would be awesome !

Guest FrankieADZ

I read that Huawei is actually working in optimizing Emotion UI in mid-low 512 RAM models like Honor and G300. So the possibility to see Emotion UI ICS in G300 is there. That would be awesome !

just as long as we can use another launcher....i be happy ;) lol

wonder when there will be a leaked ICS version will appear ....:)

Guest pOcHa

Well, B888 and the elusive B891 are the recommended versions to update from according to the B894 doc - but you said you have a newer B895 version, so maybe it yet again changes the partition sizes (as B888 did)? If that is so, then people should be warned in a sticky topic! Is anyone else with B895 having this problem?

Edited by pOcHa