Photo

[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

* * * * * 25 votes

• Please log in to reply
1485 replies to this topic

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3, Alcatel OT995
I'm loving it. I prefer it to every other build i have tried and i've tried them all, it's stable and swift.

I'll leave you alone with the OMX stuff by stating once that there are two projects worth looking at but i know you already know that so...

HumaDroid

HumaDroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Devices:DELL XCD35
not able to TPT... i did everything till verifying nandoid md5..

I press and hold menu keys+vol up + power button.... but its booting normally..

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

What GEN? Install Blade Checker from market (or play as it called nowadays) and tell us.

If it's GEN1 or GEN3 you're going to need another procedure.

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

TPT for optimised partition layout:
-updates gen1->gen2
-repartitions internal storage (138mb /system, 316mb /data, 2mb /cache)
-installs ClockWorkMod 5.5.0.4
-installs CM9-Cid splash image

TPT instructions:
-Copy cm-9-xxxxxxxx-KonstaKANG-blade.zip and gapps-ics-medium-xxxxxxxx-signed.zip to your sdcard
-Unpack Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-KonstaKANG.zip to your phones sdcard so that you have 'image' folder on the root of your sdcard
-Install AFV (Android File Verifier) from the play shop
-Use AFV to check that MD5 matches. Use 'verify nandroid backup' option to check /sdcard/image/nandroid.md5.
-Power off, pull battery out, put battery back in
-Press and hold VOLUME UP and MENU keys while you power on
-You should see green text on your screen. Installation is in progress and you can let go of the keys
-It takes about a minute after which your phone will boot into ClockWorkMod
-Install cm-9-xxxxxxxx-KonstaKANG-blade.zip in CWM
-Install gapps-ics-medium-xxxxxxxx-signed.zip in CWM
-Reboot

After completed installation, delete/move/rename 'image' folder so that you don't restart TPT by accident.

Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-KonstaKANG.zip
http://www.mediafire...xo48gggql67b5kd
md5:c5201d683b1b760f9b5dd94d3be4ef19

For GEN3 you'll need to install the moldova patch to make it work, you should probably mention that.

It's the same patch you used for SS.

And downgrading to GEN2 doesn't work no matter what TPT you provide, it will provide you with a problem that can only be fixed by reflashing an original ROM or upgrading via GEN3 windows patch.

I have no idea why people keep insisting it will work, it doesn't, not even once in a trillion times will it work. You'll end up with a blue screen with white stripes EVERY time.

Edited by Snap.IT, 15 June 2012 - 06:35 PM.

HumaDroid

HumaDroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

What GEN? Install Blade Checker from market (or play as it called nowadays) and tell us.

If it's GEN1 or GEN3 you're going to need another procedure.

Stock/Windows Upgraded GEN2

also says

Use image.bin style TPTs

Edited by HumaDroid, 15 June 2012 - 06:59 PM.

De@n

De@n

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S & Blade

Thought all gen 2 Blade/Xcd35 had 220 system :\

Hack3rr

Hack3rr

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Devices:Dell XCD35
Same problem with TPT(not the first time m doing TPT). I press and hold the volume key up + menu + power. just boots normally. nothing happens. @De@n. dude we want 315mb :)

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Blade III
lol, I so knew that this was going to be the new 'how to do a TPT' thread. :D

Like said in the first post, this ROM is for advanced users only. You should have some basic knowledge on how to flash a ROMs/what is the flash order, how to use a TPT/what type of TPTs you can use in your device.

This should have been in the second post and is now added there. "This will only work in phones that were sold with gen1 layout and/or updated to gen2 via TPT method. This TPT won't work if your phone was sold gen2/gen3 or you have used a windows tool to update."

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei U8150

lol, I so knew that this was going to be the new 'how to do a TPT' thread. :D

Like said in the first post, this ROM is for advanced users only. You should have some basic knowledge on how to flash a ROMs/what is the flash order, how to use a TPT/what type of TPTs you can use in your device.

This should have been in the second post and is now added there. "This will only work in phones that were sold with gen1 layout and/or updated to gen2 via TPT method. This TPT won't work if your phone was sold gen2/gen3 or you have used a windows tool to update."

Unfortunately KonstaT, no matter how much you try to tell people it is for advanced users people doesn't seem to listen :P

If you like my work or if I helped, click the Plus button.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts

For GEN3 you'll need to install the moldova patch to make it work, you should probably mention that.

If you/someone else with gen3 device can confirm that everything (mobile signal, mobile data, gps mainly) works with the gen3 patch, I might add it to the first post. I can't test this myself.

Hack3rr

Hack3rr

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

lol, I so knew that this was going to be the new 'how to do a TPT' thread.

Then can u please give a link for users with Stock GEN2??? Please?

EDIT: I found a TPT on the forum. I guess what u have written in the first post is wrong(may be I dont know) (138mb /system, 316mb /data, 2mb /cache) cant be done 441mb is max urs is 456mb. So does that mean it should have been (128mb /system, 311mb data, 2mb /cache)?

Edited by Hack3rr, 15 June 2012 - 08:42 PM.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts

Then can u please give a link for users with Stock GEN2??? Please?

EDIT: I found a TPT on the forum. I guess what u have written in the first post is wrong(may be I dont know) (138mb /system, 316mb /data, 2mb /cache) cant be done 441mb is max urs is 456mb. So does that mean it should have been (128mb /system, 311mb data, 2mb /cache)?

TPT Helper from the play shop or ZTE Blade TPT's.

Information about partition sizes in the second post is correct. In G2 TPTs (image.bin) you have less space to use. Minimum of 138mb /system partition is required.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts
Couple of new/old things ported from Swedish Snow. Will be included in the next build.

Attached File  Screenshot_2012-06-16-00-00-20.png   110.2KB   64 downloads Attached File  Screenshot_2012-06-16-00-00-39.png   147.62KB   63 downloads

HumaDroid

HumaDroid

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
Lol.. Sorry for asking TPT question here. I did TPT with TPT helper. Awesome ROM! ! Very smooth and fast, thanks KonstaT....

Hack3rr

Hack3rr

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
First I tried the 128mb partition from TPT's for ZTE blade. got a green android in the middle and suddenly felt like my heartbeat stopped. For every second till I got it working I cursed my self. M never using TPT again in my life period.
But thanks to the guy who made the DE-bricking tut's :)

BTW this rom is SICK and SLEEK! Good work!

avkov

avkov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi, KonstaT! Thanks for great rom! But if it's not too hard maybe you could make center clock mod for it? I think many people would like it.
Thanks in advance! You're the best blade dev))
PS and maybe circle battery mod. I loved them on SS

Edited by avkov, 16 June 2012 - 07:47 AM.

crankykick

crankykick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:zte blade/ Huawei G300
Upgraded from SS to this and certainly not dissappointed, thank you for your time and effort congrats on yet another great rom :)

matcho13579

matcho13579

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i9000, ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@matcho13579
KonstaT, could you write a date of your last release into a title of the topic? you know, if someone looks at the title and he knows if there is a new build or not :)

shmizan

shmizan

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
KonstaT you are a true masochist :P but it's better to have 'them' here than in the compiling thread so good work ;)

Orange San Francisco, Upgraded to Gen 2 with TPT Helper (custom partition layout: 150-sys, 302-data, 4-cache)
CyanogenMod 10

Cusy

Cusy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8150 - ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@_cusy_
With the new fingerprint (N880E) Pro Zombie Soccer is show as not compatible with our devices (previusly it was. I bought it during the "becausewemay" deals). Is there any way I can restore the original ZTE Blade fingerprint?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users