Photo

[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

* * * * * 25 votes

• Please log in to reply
1485 replies to this topic

Loki86

Loki86

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
so the only issue with camcorder is play video with gallery right?
what external app can i use?

ZTE blade: OLED black gen1-->gen2 v10f
clockwork: v6.0.1.1 touch
current rom: CM10.1 KonstaT

bruara

bruara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

Wiping dalvik is unnecessary when installing a new ROM. It's already wiped when you wipe data and factory rest. You really need to format system if you come from other CM versions (because of the gapps backup script).

Of course first make sure that it isn't a hardware failure. Restore your stock ROM and dial *983*24474636#. That will give you info about your camera. Or did I understand correctly that your camera only works with your stock ROM but not with any of the custom ROMs?

Yesterday I install CM 7.0.2 and the camera works fine. After that version no one version works. I have to install that ROM to give you the info about the camera? I have to format everything again ..

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

Yesterday I install CM 7.0.2 and the camera works fine. After that version no one version works. I have to install that ROM to give you the info about the camera? I have to format everything again ..

Ah, forget it then. If your camera works in CM7, it should also work here.

It still sounds like you didn't do a proper wipe on the first time, so you should do that first.

bruara

bruara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
What wipe ? Since then I already make a hundred wipes .. In CM forum tell me after 7.0.2 they change the kernel ..

dreis911

dreis911

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Devices:SAPO a5 (ZTE Blade)

One question: if there is no file explorer preinstalled, how can I install one WITHOUT using the market? How could one sensibly access apk's on your sd-card, for example? I am wondering, since I don't have a google account and I don't want one. Not that it is a problem for me, I just installed an explorer via command line using "pm install", but a normal user would get stuck at this point, so I am just wondering why it is like that?

Greetings, and oh, great ROM, really great. =)

You can retrieve the "file manager" from the CM7 (for example, or other ROM) and insert it into the "/system/app/" inside the "cm-9-20120929-KonstaKANG-blade.zip" file.

Being part of a community, is not about how much we can take, but how much we can give!

Roph

Roph

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, Samsung Galaxy S
Or install Solid Explorer from the market. Definitely the best file manager :)

Samsung Galaxy S @ 1.2Ghz / CM10 JellyBean
Grey ZTE Blade @ 768 MHz / KonstaKANG CM9 ICS 4.0.4

BladeRunner10

BladeRunner10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Twitter:@akositakla
a really nice ROM...just a small problem, evrytime i tap on facebook it can't continue and brings me back to my home screen. I installed it on my ZTE blade gen2 modified. Maybe you can fix it. Thanks a lot. More power!

stefeman

stefeman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey, Is the encryption working? Im trying to crypt my phone and it's been over 1 hour and it hasent even restarted yet..

The lights just go off.. do i need to tap it each 15 seconds?

And roph, how can you reach 768Mhz stable with this rom? teach me master :P

Edited by stefeman, 02 October 2012 - 04:11 PM.

raizor6th

raizor6th

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Devices:ZTEblade V880 512mb

One question: if there is no file explorer preinstalled, how can I install one WITHOUT using the market? How could one sensibly access apk's on your sd-card, for example? I am wondering, since I don't have a google account and I don't want one. Not that it is a problem for me, I just installed an explorer via command line using "pm install", but a normal user would get stuck at this point, so I am just wondering why it is like that?

Greetings, and oh, great ROM, really great. =)

there is a flashable file manager somewhere in this forum, you can flash it via cwm and without creating google account to download it from market.

bbdoc

bbdoc

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

I don't use EXT partition, so I'm not very familiar with this subject, but:
Does your SDcard have any EXT partition? It should have 2 partitions:
EXT3 or EXT4 is needed (as far as I know) as an extension of the inernal MEM and FAT/FAT32 for other uses.
I don't use it because, with new Konsta's Gen2 internal partitioning (for this ROM), I don't think it will be needed. Only if you install dozzens of Apps.

You don't need that many apps to load 300 MB of memory... At least I'm in that case, and would like to move some big apps to my SD even if they don't seem to allow it natively...

Can anyone help me on how to get the right EXT partitioning on my phone ? Can I do it from recovery mode without reinstalling everything ?

Thanks

Device: ZTE Blade GEN2
ROM Version: CyanogenMod 10 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.1.2)

Roph

Roph

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, Samsung Galaxy S

Hey, Is the encryption working? Im trying to crypt my phone and it's been over 1 hour and it hasent even restarted yet..

The lights just go off.. do i need to tap it each 15 seconds?

And roph, how can you reach 768Mhz stable with this rom? teach me master :P

It's just luck of the binning draw as to how good a chip you get. The MSM7227 runs at 800Mhz stock (a so called turbo) in the ZTE Skate. I don't have any problems at 768Mhz. My buddy's san fran will reboot if he runs it that fast though. 768 is stable for me, but I've had random reboots at 787 Mhz, and the phone can also get mighty warm. I use smartassv2 as my CPU governor.

Edited by Roph, 03 October 2012 - 03:46 PM.

Samsung Galaxy S @ 1.2Ghz / CM10 JellyBean
Grey ZTE Blade @ 768 MHz / KonstaKANG CM9 ICS 4.0.4

bbdoc

bbdoc

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi,

Is the black (or white screen) issue solved in the latest upgrade ? Or is there any chance to see it solved in CM9 ? I'm also using touchdown and I'm seeing the same issue there as well, and in my case, it's really not occasional...

I can't see this issue mentionned in CM10, does it mean it would be solved in this version... I'm awaiting for CM10 to leave DEV status before upgrading, not sure it's mature enough already...

By the way, is there an easy upgrade path from CM9 to CM10, or does it go through a full wipe ?

Thanks

Device: ZTE Blade GEN2
ROM Version: CyanogenMod 10 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.1.2)

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
Full wipe of course, it's not only different ROM, it's different Android version!

@stefeman : Overclocking is very different for each phone's chip. My GEN2 European Blade is not very stable even at 690 Mhz. I believe the chips on the first Blades they sold (GEN1) are better and overclockable. Ours - not so much. Also high overclock wears the phone's CPU more quickly.

ZTE Blade with CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4 KitKat)

the_fox

the_fox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Hey, quick question (I've scanned the thread but didn't come across anyone with the same problem): I've updated to the newest version 2 days ago (full whipe, as always) and am having the following annoying issue:
Whenever my gps pops on (foursquare, navigation, traffic app, ...) my mobile data goes haywire. It still shows the H-icon for HSDPA but the reception indicator goes white instead of blue (no contact with google servers) and just stays that way. The only way to get data back is switching to 2G and back to 3G. But when I'm in a low coverage zone with only 2G I have a problem. I can't switch to 3G (not available) and putting it in flight mode for a couple of seconds also does nothing. Only thing that works at that time is a reboot...

So, did anyone else experience this, and have a possible fix?

barad

barad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hey, quick question (I've scanned the thread but didn't come across anyone with the same problem): I've updated to the newest version 2 days ago (full whipe, as always) and am having the following annoying issue:
Whenever my gps pops on (foursquare, navigation, traffic app, ...) my mobile data goes haywire. It still shows the H-icon for HSDPA but the reception indicator goes white instead of blue (no contact with google servers) and just stays that way. The only way to get data back is switching to 2G and back to 3G. But when I'm in a low coverage zone with only 2G I have a problem. I can't switch to 3G (not available) and putting it in flight mode for a couple of seconds also does nothing. Only thing that works at that time is a reboot...

So, did anyone else experience this, and have a possible fix?

I have the same problem. very annoying... Happens with Google Maps and Met Office when they use GPS.
Any idea how to resolve the problem?

mickeystar

mickeystar

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Devices:zte blade
need help just flashed from swedish snow to this rom using gen1 to gen2 tpt (as phone was originally gen 1 but i updated to gen 2 ) flashed rom but then got stuck on the cyanogen mod boot screen for 5 mins so i took battery out is that a problem? ps i didnt install the gapps yet

i try entering recovery mode but just keep getting onto the same cyanogenmod flash image please help!!!

http://www.modaco.co...blademodacocom/

Edited by mickeystar, 07 October 2012 - 04:26 PM.

dreis911

dreis911

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Devices:SAPO a5 (ZTE Blade)

need help just flashed from swedish snow to this rom using gen1 to gen2 tpt (as phone was originally gen 1 but i updated to gen 2 ) flashed rom but then got stuck on the cyanogen mod boot screen for 5 mins so i took battery out is that a problem? ps i didnt install the gapps yet

i try entering recovery mode but just keep getting onto the same cyanogenmod flash image please help!!!

http://www.modaco.co...blademodacocom/

The first boot may take a lot of time! You should have left it for a little while longer.
Have you removed the battery??? Remove it and then try the Recovery again.
Then,....If I were in your shoes, I would wipe everything and then flash the ROM again (and if you are going to use the GApps do it then) and after flashing both, restart the Phone.
By the way, have you used Konsta's Gen1toGen2 tpt at the beginning of the topic???

Edited by dreis911, 08 October 2012 - 11:10 AM.

Being part of a community, is not about how much we can take, but how much we can give!

MinaItse

MinaItse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:同样的鞋 (= same shoe), custom rom -sharp blade
Shame that only 2 yrs old devices go out of date that quickly

http://www.modaco.co...o-released-r753

mickeystar

mickeystar

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Devices:zte blade

The first boot may take a lot of time! You should have left it for a little while longer.
Have you removed the battery??? Remove it and then try the Recovery again.
Then,....If I were in your shoes, I would wipe everything and then flash the ROM again (and if you are going to use the GApps do it then) and after flashing both, restart the Phone.
By the way, have you used Konsta's Gen1toGen2 tpt at the beginning of the topic???

yes i used gen1 to gen 2 tpt , it was stuck on boot sscreen for at least 6/7 mins, even when i took battery out and back itd be same
i wasnt able to enter clockwork mode either by booting with vol key, it just went to the same boot flash screen
i was able to put on gen1 to gen2 tpt from the amphoras website, and install swedish snow
but i really want to have ics, i used this rom before but couldnt get wifi to work!
now am scared to flash to ics as i may mess up it, and dont want to go trhough effort of installing apps again

i mainly want a rom for speed/internet browsing (not hd videos or youtube) just browser, and music playing, good battery life. an up to date rom
but also still have functions such as bluetooth, dont need voice search
swedish snow seems better than before as apps are less buggy

Edited by mickeystar, 08 October 2012 - 05:13 PM.

bruara

bruara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Why the gapps dont appear ?

I made the full wipe, installed the ROM and after the gapps zip. But when I start the OS only appear the Play Store

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users