Photo

[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

* * * * * 25 votes

1482 replies to this topic

b3rvirus

b3rvirus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

If anyone interesting to try my build with broken camcorder, y can download it here: https://dl.dropbox.c...rKANG-blade.zip

I have several videos on my sdcard
this build plays most of them including 800x480 videos and 360p videos downloaded from youtube (hq)
but I got errors for some videos

Devices:
ZTE Blade (GEN2, TFT, 256)
San Francisco (GEN1, AMOLED, 512)

Ganster

Ganster

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
  • Twitter:@Ganster41
Update for my ROM :)
https://dl.dropbox.c...rKANG-blade.zip
1. Browser fixed (webkit builds not correctly on Linaro toolchain);
2. Video from camera plays correct in gallery(thumbnails are still not generates, I think its google software codec incompatibility with that videos);
3. Fixed switch HQ/LQ in YouTube:
4. Fixed hardware video encoder. It not wery fast(~10 fps max), I think it CameraHAL slowdown.

For some fixes I disable hardware AAC decoder. It can't play videos, encoded by Qualcomm's encoder (LOL), and gives errors, when codec roconfigure. We need to fix Qualcomm LPA codecs on CM stagefright for hardware-side audio decoding.

judas1977

judas1977

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I was using your previous release for a very short time (just to confirm that YT HQ works fine), but i saw that (i think) that build lacks some features included in last konstaT cm9 release (i.e. soft buttons), why?

Ganster

Ganster

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Because nobody asked me how to apply KonstaT pathches to newer revisions of CM9 tree :)
And I deleted .repo folder, because I haven't free disk space for build CM9 with it.
You can consider it as developers-only build.

96frozen

96frozen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Ganster, I admire your work for the ZTE Blade, I'm going to use your ROM until there's something better (Like a Jelly Bean with your "patch"/solution).

Love your work, keep going!

HQ videos on youtube is awesome, and you made it possible, and it isn't even using the OMX libs, that's a big ass slap in the face for qualcomm ;)

ROM: CM10 by KonstaT

CWM: GEN2 CWM 6.0.1.1 by Snap.IT

Thank all of the developers topics, rate them 5 stars, they are the people who are keeping your cellphone alive.

Thanks to KonstaT, Snap.IT, tilal6991, daemond, Ganster (this guy is specially awesome for fixing OMX on 4.x ROMS), burstlam and many others that I can't think of right now :D

96frozen

96frozen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Does anyone else get a system FC when it starts up?

It doesn't crash anymore though.

ROM: CM10 by KonstaT

CWM: GEN2 CWM 6.0.1.1 by Snap.IT

Thank all of the developers topics, rate them 5 stars, they are the people who are keeping your cellphone alive.

Thanks to KonstaT, Snap.IT, tilal6991, daemond, Ganster (this guy is specially awesome for fixing OMX on 4.x ROMS), burstlam and many others that I can't think of right now :D

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei U8150
Ganster:
Once again I was wondering whether you could release your sources. I'm keen to port the code to cm10 and I'm have a bit of time to do so tomorrow.

If you like my work or if I helped, click the Plus button.

Ganster

Ganster

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
I rewrite sources today, with correct formatting and defines, and when I check all again, I try to upload it to my github. For this I need to clone frameworks_base repo again, and merge my changes to it, because as I already told, I deleted my .repo folder. :wacko:

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
  • Devices:THL W8
Pitty ... This one really should be documented and properly githubbed.
I appreciate your effort and great results so far,. Keep it up.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

Ganster

Ganster

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
You can download changed sources on my github. :)
More info you can find on XDA thread.

Edited by Ganster, 28 October 2012 - 12:06 PM.

TehStalker

TehStalker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

You are godlike, just wanted to let you know that. And as you mentioned on your XDA post, the UI does indeed seem unusually smooth for ICS on my end. Good work dude!

haps.rehsi

haps.rehsi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Update for my ROM :)
https://dl.dropbox.c...rKANG-blade.zip
1. Browser fixed (webkit builds not correctly on Linaro toolchain);
2. Video from camera plays correct in gallery(thumbnails are still not generates, I think its google software codec incompatibility with that videos);
3. Fixed switch HQ/LQ in YouTube:
4. Fixed hardware video encoder. It not wery fast(~10 fps max), I think it CameraHAL slowdown.

For some fixes I disable hardware AAC decoder. It can't play videos, encoded by Qualcomm's encoder (LOL), and gives errors, when codec roconfigure. We need to fix Qualcomm LPA codecs on CM stagefright for hardware-side audio decoding.

hi. I tried your rom. its great. everythin works except the browser, facebook and gmail dont load anything, they jus stay blank. how can i fix that?

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
@Ganster
Many thanks for providing the source code! Gonna try on my paranoid ICS rom. Will report back.

Works a treat. I can't believe it :D
Will test some more to look for any potential side effects. Thanks again!

Edited by C3C0, 28 October 2012 - 02:16 PM.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

andr0idbeliev3r

andr0idbeliev3r

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Devices:Sapo a5 (Portugal's ZTE Blade)
Great work Ganster, can't wait to test the new rom, so have you be able to port 3.0 kernel to blade?

Thanks to all developers for developing such beautifull and stable ROMS and thanks to Google for developing android aaaaand thanks to the original creators of android.

My devices:

ZTE Blade- MegaDrive 4.0.4

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
Ganster:

A question - does this actually allow the hardware decoder to work or does it just improve the software decoder?

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
The latter

judas1977

judas1977

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Ganster, is this possible to make flashable zip file update for other CM9 roms? I mean with YT HQ "patch"?

tilal6991

tilal6991

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts

The latter

Cheers. That was the impression I got from the code. And it means that I'm very close to getting it working on CM10.

reedo_17

reedo_17

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4, Blade, Crescent, Y300
  • Twitter:@@Ollie_Reed17
Would anybody be able to make youtube HQ work on the ZTE Crescent?

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Blade III

I did a test build yesterday and seems to work great. Well done! :)

You should probably upload this to CM gerrit for review. I'll try set up CTS later and see if this still breaks compatibility.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users