Photo

[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

* * * * * 25 votes

1482 replies to this topic

Ganster

Ganster

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
  • Twitter:@Ganster41
Its known issue, and I'll wrote about it on XDA thread. I don't know what aligning used in Qualcomm's proprietaries. I aligned width and height to 16, as writen in commented line in OMXCodec, and it fixes most videos with normal aspect ratios.
176x144, 320x240, 352x288, 480x272, 640x360, 640x480 and 800x480 plays ok. Other non-standart rosolutions can play with green line.

James Norny

James Norny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade Pro
The truth is, that there is colour banding no matter what video you play (even the best quality video) and now i notice that other people found this too. This problem has been there before even to have OMX working. I hope it will be fixed.

btw. The rom is working good.

severus

severus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:RBM ONE
I have some problems with this rom:
1. sometimes when I want to write sms - there is no cursor to type text
2. sometimes top bar doesn't shows widgets with wi-fi, bt etc. just name of operator.
3. sometimes in games like ab rio when destroing boxes smoke doesn't shows, just white - no textures.

Vujke

Vujke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Firstly, I'd like to thank KonstaT for the great work on this ROM, and Gangster for YouTube HQ fix - a great step in making decent Android 4.0 possible on Blade.

After the YouTube fix, I made an upgrade to this ROM (I've used it a few months ago, but there were too many functionality issues back then, so i switched back to SwedishSpring), and here are some of my issues/observations:

1. When I first installed it, the phone could not find any WiFi networks. /system format and reflashing fixed this.
2. The phone "fried" my 4GB SD card, and it can no longer be formatted, partitioned or fixed...the phone was stuck in "mount/unmount SD card" cycle, so I had to get a new SD card... This may or may not be ROM related...
3. The old issue with blank window in Facebook, Gmail and similar apps is still present, and it appears randomly. It seems that it is present in every app that has scrollable content (some local news apps also have blank area where scrollable text should be)

Anyway, great work, great progress. Although GB ROMs still provide a more fluid and snappier user experience, this one is very usable as a daily ROM. Kudos to developer/s!

bezerra

bezerra

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade

Its known issue, and I'll wrote about it on XDA thread. I don't know what aligning used in Qualcomm's proprietaries. I aligned width and height to 16, as writen in commented line in OMXCodec, and it fixes most videos with normal aspect ratios.
176x144, 320x240, 352x288, 480x272, 640x360, 640x480 and 800x480 plays ok. Other non-standart rosolutions can play with green line.

some videos on youtube in hq have the green line

JMS74

JMS74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (Sapo A5)

For my knowledge battery drain can also happen by some installed apps - which maybe run in backgroud and frequently try to use WLAN/DATA.
If some here have no battery drain and some have - with same ROM and under same conditions it only can be added apps OR maybe different BLADE Version.
My GEN2 Blade has really no noticable battery drain if WLAN stays on over night. But i have no apps running which will use internet in background (Weather radar or any other such app).
Better battery stats may help to look after such problems.

I second that. this rom is quite stable..

TehStalker

TehStalker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Is video recording supposed to work in the latest version with the YouTube fix? I doesn't work for me, but it is not mentioned at all in the first post.

huibuhh

huibuhh

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
It is supposed to work and does so for me.

TehStalker

TehStalker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

It is supposed to work and does so for me.

You are right, the files are saved in sd/DCIM/Camera, although the camera app never shows them in the top right corner after recording. And the store location option does nothing.

anantk

anantk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:Idea Blade

In this case what is the solution for this ROM? In GB Swedish Snow ROM this was not a problem. I would keep WIFI on all the time without any battery drain.

KonstaT --> Could you please give your expert advice on this WIFI battery drain issue?

Hi KonstaT,

Have you got a chance to look at this WIFI battery drain problem. Within 10 hours flat battery drain happens from 100% to less than 10% battery, even you do not use phone for anything i.e. in sleep/standbuy mode and keep WIFI on without doing any data access through WIFI.

Another strange problem I see is, stock browser is not able to display some of the URLs like --> http://www.nse-india...watch.htm?cat=N. Not sure what the reason is. Browser go on trying to display URL contents but nothing comes on screen, just a white screen everytime. But browser is in a loop to refresh the URL. Same thing happens with Dolphin browser, but Opera Mini is able to display this URL withing few seconds.

What could be the problem? Any solution for this browser issue other than using Opera Mini?

Edited by anantk, 10 November 2012 - 11:03 AM.

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Within 10 hours flat battery drain happens from 100% to less than 10% battery, even you do not use phone for anything i.e. in sleep/standbuy mode and keep WIFI on without doing any data access through WIFI.

While the phone is "sleeping", try to press the keys (except the power key). If the phone turns the screen on, it is because it was not "deep sleeping" and so there is the cause of your battery drain.. Try and see what happens..

anantk

anantk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:Idea Blade

While the phone is "sleeping", try to press the keys (except the power key). If the phone turns the screen on, it is because it was not "deep sleeping" and so there is the cause of your battery drain.. Try and see what happens..

After locking the phone, after 15 minutes I tried pressing phone hard keys, with WIFI on and also with WIFI off in two different scenarios. Except power key, no other key press turns screen on. So I guess in both the conditions, phone is in "deep sleeping" mode, but when WIFI is on, there is battery drain.

Edited by anantk, 10 November 2012 - 03:01 PM.

DMM88

DMM88

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade (A5)
Does it record with the same framerate as cm7?

fileek

fileek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Does it record with the same framerate as cm7?

It records at 9FPS... so... no. In CM7 I had 20FPS on 800x480 but here 640x480 9-10FPS.

bubbamester

bubbamester

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Thank you the advice Ganster! I will try it.

Bye

I tried Youtube watching without overclocking. Also in this case the phone freezes after 10-15 minutes. I don't feel hot the phone. I think the problem isn't the overheating.

HDuser

HDuser

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Devices:Zte blade
some times notification dropping is pain in ass coz when you drop notification it give you blank screen after waiting 5-10 seconds it will show you every notification and toggles, I personally couldn't figure out problem but thanks a bug, just for knowledge :).

rabaip

rabaip

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
With youtube., It's not just the green line problem itself, those videos also cause a soft reboot after 15 seconds for me. Videos without the green line do this too sometimes. :(

Edited by rabaip, 13 November 2012 - 08:41 AM.

dreis911

dreis911

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Devices:SAPO a5 (ZTE Blade)

some times notification dropping is pain in ass coz when you drop notification it give you blank screen after waiting 5-10 seconds it will show you every notification and toggles, I personally couldn't figure out problem but thanks a bug, just for knowledge :).

I second that!
It happens often. And, for me, is the only BUG, the video problems are not that important. For me, of course. :P

Being part of a community, is not about how much we can take, but how much we can give!

96frozen

96frozen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Can you please try to fix the notification bar widgets bug? all of the content in there just goes away and comes back up in 2-3 swipes lol

also, there's a call bug that when you're calling someone theres nothing on the notification bar so i can't disconnect the call. good rom but these need to fixed.

ty konsta for this great rom :D

ROM: CM10 by KonstaT

CWM: GEN2 CWM 6.0.1.1 by Snap.IT

Thank all of the developers topics, rate them 5 stars, they are the people who are keeping your cellphone alive.

Thanks to KonstaT, Snap.IT, tilal6991, daemond, Ganster (this guy is specially awesome for fixing OMX on 4.x ROMS), burstlam and many others that I can't think of right now :D

nikkoandrew97

nikkoandrew97

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade, Samsung Galaxy Y
So I used KonstaT gen2 tpt for his ics. During tpt, it said error on 99% but still finished. I flashed his konstakang ics and no service appeared. I tried rebooting a lot but no luck. I tried reverting to stock tpt but still no service, tried cm7 still no service. Every tpt I try it says error at 99% but finishes anyway.

Details currently: correct imei, tried 2g no luck, same for all rooms I try.

P.S. I tried redownloading the tpt 10times with the same result.

Tnx in advance.

PLease help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users