Photo

[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

* * * * * 25 votes

• Please log in to reply
1485 replies to this topic

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Best is to use Recovery: wipe data, install the ROM, install gapps and reboot.

Edited by elrond_bs, 28 November 2012 - 08:20 AM.

ZTE Blade with CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4 KitKat)

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,779 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

Don't worry KonstaT i won't even use mdp if you say it's placebo, i think you may have quated the wrong post.

It's just amazing that if you read (and understood) what was posted on this thread and then you read my post on the other thread and still somehow managed to come to conclusion quote "KonstaT said mdp composition is a placebo". How can it be placebo when switching to mdp composition has never even worked? If you add lines that do absolutely nothing and experience improvement - that most certainly is placebo effect.

It is all so easy:
:blink:

Lol, I don't think there is a single thing true in that post. Property can't have two values, only latter value set in build.prop will apply. Such values as 'gpu' and 'cpu' don't exist for debug.composition.type (even though both, or even 'debug.composition.type=typewhateveryouwanthere', would return gpu composition if debug.sf.hw=1).

I'm glad Android is open source so you don't have to believe everything you read in message boards. ;)
https://github.com/C...com_ui.cpp#L388

dreis911

dreis911

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Devices:SAPO a5 (ZTE Blade)

I would never ask such dumb questions about debug.SW.hw not working because as you said it doesn't exist.

Thanks a lot :(
Do you feel superior now that you have insulted a few people????
Questions are never dumb, they may just be from another level!!!

Being part of a community, is not about how much we can take, but how much we can give!

andr0idbeliev3r

andr0idbeliev3r

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Devices:Sapo a5 (Portugal's ZTE Blade)

Thanks a lot :(
Do you feel superior now that you have insulted a few people????
Questions are never dumb, they may just be from another level!!!

Ok calm down i wasn't insulting anyone... jesus...

Thanks to all developers for developing such beautifull and stable ROMS and thanks to Google for developing android aaaaand thanks to the original creators of android.

My devices:

ZTE Blade- MegaDrive 4.0.4

andr0idbeliev3r

andr0idbeliev3r

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

It's just amazing that if you read (and understood) what was posted on this thread and then you read my post on the other thread and still somehow managed to come to conclusion quote "KonstaT said mdp composition is a placebo". How can it be placebo when switching to mdp composition has never even worked? If you add lines that do absolutely nothing and experience improvement - that most certainly is placebo effect.

i never used mdp composition on CM10 i was talking about CM9 and as you said i wasn't using mdp composition at all, i understand a bit about android and i certainly don't need guys that keep saying over and over even if i said that i understood what they were saying ok?

Calm down a little, sometimes people don't know and if people don't know then explain to them not argue with them!

Thanks to all developers for developing such beautifull and stable ROMS and thanks to Google for developing android aaaaand thanks to the original creators of android.

My devices:

JK-FINN

JK-FINN

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Is it possible to wake up the phone with volume buttons? (like in CM7) I have my power button broken...... :(

bezerra

bezerra

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade
A fix to video thumbnail

http://forum.xda-dev...1960117&page=23

Konstat wiil you add this to your rom?

andr0idbeliev3r

andr0idbeliev3r

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
So Konstat, on more thing if you are not mad at me, can you update this build so it can use the new Divx,etc hw playback by Ganster, i hope im not interrupting your "time-out"

My devices:

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
This new hw playback doesn't work well (and bugs sw playback too). We wait for Ganster to improve it, better without it for now. Also CM10-KK is as stable as this ROM, but faster and 4.1, so use it instead.

Edited by elrond_bs, 05 December 2012 - 07:09 AM.

andr0idbeliev3r

andr0idbeliev3r

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
but some apps in jelly bean are still slower than in ICS, and wifi on in jb makes jb even slower...

My devices:

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
Which apps are slower??? I didn't notice anything slower in CM10-KK (and I have tested over 100 different apps - see my review).
Also, for me Wifi is not slower (try the 16.11 build, it works better for some people with wifi issues).

Edited by elrond_bs, 06 December 2012 - 09:02 AM.

andr0idbeliev3r

andr0idbeliev3r

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
Is cut the rope fluent on CM10? No. Can GTA 3 run on cm10? no Can you experience more reboots on cm10 than on cm9? Yes

How's that more stable or faster?

My devices:

elrond_bs

elrond_bs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
CM10-KK is stable and faster than CM9-KK. Read my review from my previous post and comments in CM10-KK thread. Also read below (hidden, because it is offtopic).
Spoiler

Edited by elrond_bs, 06 December 2012 - 04:01 PM.

andr0idbeliev3r

andr0idbeliev3r

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
well then it must be my phone, im experiencing some reboots, i think my cpu is about to burn...

My devices:

habbo45

habbo45

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Devices:ZTE racer... ZTE blade!!!

well then it must be my phone, im experiencing some reboots, i think my cpu is about to burn...

My libra is overcloked at 710mz and no reboots after a month

fileek

fileek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
I'm at 748Mhz and I'm not experiencing any problems.

Carlos Manuel Leemet

Carlos Manuel Leemet

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:Android, IT, Cars, Phones, OS, Music, etc.
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Nexus
  • Twitter:@Carlos_Manuel1
Just quick question:

removed apollo, stock ICS music player instead

How it is stock ICS Music Player if it's the Gingerbread music player that is also in Android SDK 4.0.# system image..?

Does the stock music player (Google Play music player) work on your ZTE Blade's CM9 ROM?

Can this get WiFi tethering to work like in PA (JB) ROM, without any external app..?

Thanks!

Edited by Carlos Manuel Leemet, 09 December 2012 - 12:10 PM.

I port and edit ROMs for Samsung Jét (JetDroid)
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.c...HD?feature=mhee
My Google Code Page: http://code.google.c...ss='bbc_img' />

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,779 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

Just quick question:

How it is stock ICS Music Player if it's the Gingerbread music player that is also in Android SDK 4.0.# system image..?

Does the stock music player (Google Play music player) work on your ZTE Blade's CM9 ROM?

Can this get WiFi tethering to work like in PA (JB) ROM, without any external app..?

Thanks!

You are mistaken, Google Music is not stock Android music player (it's like saying Chrome is stock Android browser). Stock player is the one that Google has open sourced in AOSP (and also comes with SDK image). Google Music works just fine but you need to install it separately.

Native wifi tethering doesn't work in PA or any other Jelly Bean ROM for Blade.

96frozen

96frozen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

You are mistaken, Google Music is not stock Android music player (it's like saying Chrome is stock Android browser). Stock player is the one that Google has open sourced in AOSP (and also comes with SDK image). Google Music works just fine but you need to install it separately.

Native wifi tethering doesn't work in PA or any other Jelly Bean ROM for Blade.

Good to see you're somewhat "back" in modaco. The community should be thankful to have you here...

ROM: CM10 by KonstaT

CWM: GEN2 CWM 6.0.1.1 by Snap.IT

Thank all of the developers topics, rate them 5 stars, they are the people who are keeping your cellphone alive.

Thanks to KonstaT, Snap.IT, tilal6991, daemond, Ganster (this guy is specially awesome for fixing OMX on 4.x ROMS), burstlam and many others that I can't think of right now :D

bezerra

bezerra

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade
Hi konstat,

why you don't add the fix for video thumbnail preview?

it will be great! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users