• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

I have just been back to it on google play and it says it's now incompatible with all my devices, even though it's marked as installed and I have not changed the rom. Weird....

I've had that with a few apps to be fair. 1 day they say it's incompatible then the next it is. :blink:

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD
Oh yeah I can see that now :angry2: Well I will be contacting them and saying how well it plays,so obviously is compatible.

Edit: I have contacted rockstargames,others may be able to coment in same bit as me,but you need to register to post:

http://support.rocks...es.com/requests

Edited by jikobutsu, 17 June 2012 - 02:06 AM.

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
Just got an update from rockstars:

jikobutsu,
Thank you for contacting R* support, and for the kind words for the games. Currently your device is not supported, hence the reason the marketplace said that. We are aware of the issue that the market place told some unsupported devices that they were supported. If the game is running on your device, great!!! I am happy that you get to experience this awesome title. I have included a link below for our list of supported devices. I encourage you to sign up to it so you can be alerted via email as soon as we update it.
http://support.rocks...android-devices
Cheers,
Brad P.

Mtman1

Mtman1

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • Devices:Liquid MT
Only 18 supported android phones!!!!! Seriously, it plays close to perfect on any armv7 device...

runlevel5

runlevel5

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:mtb-xc, tech, nites out, music, all sorts of stuff :-)
  • Devices:Nexus 5 32GB
  • Twitter:@@36ctJack
I wonder how the current unsupported status will affect any updates Rockstar pushes for Max Payne?

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
We wont get them :( same thing happened when I payed for GTA3 it said I could buy,then not supported and i could not get updates,but now g300 is allowed to get GTA3

runlevel5

runlevel5

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
Thanx for replying. Been thinking about gta3.got a 32 gb card coming in next few days as current 8 gb is full. hows it play? any lag?

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
It is a little laggy but playable,there are settings to adjust draw distance and resolution,and when we have overclock I suspect it will run smoother.

Edited by jikobutsu, 17 June 2012 - 11:26 AM.

runlevel5

runlevel5

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
I think I'll give it a go then. Slightly unrelated but I wish gameloft would support the g300 for its higher end titles. I guess they will in time. Any business can't ignore a revenue stream from such a popular device for long.

timfimjim

timfimjim

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend g300, Nexus 7
I love gta3 but I have a strange problem where some points in the game it just exits. Really annoying, I had it on the skate too. Don't know why it does it. I've tried re-installing and re-downloading data but still get the problem. It always happens at one certain mission / when I crash through glass...

A tip for making gta3 run faster is to rename the audio folder (so the game can't access the audio files). It runs a lot faster but obviously you don't get any audio!

Edited by timfimjim, 17 June 2012 - 11:33 AM.

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
No sound.....where is the fun in that lol.
It is better to delete all sound files other than the 3 SFX ones,that way you get all the essential sound effects without being slowed down by all other ones.
Also,setting qaulity to low actually makes game play look horrible.I set draw distance to 50,resolution to 70,and qaulity to medium,which gives you all lights etc still.Also,I have frame limiter on,shadows off,and I kill all apps with fast reboot pro before playing.
Doing these things makes game play quite good.
I can play at full settings,Max quality,Max draw distance,Max resolution,shadows on,frame limiter off,and it still plays well but has a few lags from time to time.

Attached Files

Edited by jikobutsu, 17 June 2012 - 02:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users