[ROM] [GB] [AtomicMod] [Any Baseband GB/ICS]

Guest tillaz

This is my last post here, I shot myself a galaxy s2 for 152 € on ebay.

This Rom is the last I've been using and it's fantastic. The only drawback is networ loss and therefore missed calls. If I understood correctly, this comes from the 2030 baseband patch (Dazzozo's multibaseband CM 10.1 suffers the same).

It's been a fun ride. From being unsure how to root, how to flash CWM, I came to using 927, 936, 952, 9xx, stock +, slim rom, CM 9/10, china roms (dakok) ....almost everyday checking "modaco g300". It's amazing how much fun and action on a forum this little mid-end device created after being somewhat letdown by Huawei.

My main reason to go back to GB was when I saw a friend of mine wih his Y200. Although smaller and weaker on the hardware the "everyday tasks" rolled smooth on his phone. In contrast my Jelly Bean was slow on wakeup, in call volume loud, hanging when sliding through apps....The missed calls made the phone in smartphone unusable for me. The phone in smartphone was often too weak.

I don't regret donating to Dazzozo, it's amazing how much he has done allready, putting Huawei to shame. All the Rom bakers: Tillaz, kyan, Cyda, spanish guy from slim rom, shendu, joe.....thank you. The "rest" of the forum, all the users giving their feedback, thank you. Some stuff was borderline hate. It's hard to say what or who is best but I am sure all Roms and devs can live side by side. Like I said, after almost checking everyday, new roms, feedback, update from Daz, new apps...this is a bit like leaving friends. So, anonymous love to you all, best to you and your loved ones. Feel good about yourself, have a nice day and rock dat g300.

Edited by Guest

Guest batman1056

Thanks - just got a G300 for my daugher - it came with ICS, which looked great but with only 100mb of ram left I decided to rollback to the stock GB last night - result looks dated but 200+mb of ram left.

Was thinkinig of trying this rom out - hope its as good as the feedback says.

Shame their is no fast ICS rom that leaves a lot or ram.

Guest Fenomenorx

For those coming from a ics rom, with baseband 2030, the method of installing this rom is to flash the zip to downgrade to GB and then flash the rom? Or is it the opposite? Install the rom and then flashing the zip?

In the OP says:

"THIS ROM CAN NOW BE OVER STOCK flashed ICS / USED WITH THE 2030 BASDBAND"

IF FLASHING OVER AN ICS ROM / BASEBAND 2030, FLASH THIS ZIP STRAIGHT AFTER

Thanks

Guest y4ss1n

For those coming from a ics rom, with baseband 2030, the method of installing this rom is to flash the zip to downgrade to GB and then flash the rom? Or is it the opposite? Install the rom and then flashing the zip?

In the OP says:

"THIS ROM CAN NOW BE OVER STOCK flashed ICS / USED WITH THE 2030 BASDBAND"

IF FLASHING OVER AN ICS ROM / BASEBAND 2030, FLASH THIS ZIP STRAIGHT AFTER

Thanks

if ur on 2030, u simply flash the rom and then u flash the patch straight after that

thats it

Guest Rattonboy

do this for the gingerbread baseband

http://www.modaco.co...-from-recovery/

re-install the ROM and skip the patch

just one thing this replaces the recovery, is it ok to flash cwm 6 by dazzozo after flashing the downgrade tool and still have data? I forgot to tell you that i am on baseband 2030.

Update: the 3g still doesn't work. Thanks for the links anyway i know they will become usefull anyway.

Edited by Rattonboy

Guest tillaz

just one thing this replaces the recovery, is it ok to flash cwm 6 by dazzozo after flashing the downgrade tool and still have data? I forgot to tell you that i am on baseband 2030.

Update: the 3g still doesn't work. Thanks for the links anyway i know they will become usefull anyway.

have you set the APN settings for your network ?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently running Stock+ R6 (2030 baseband) with an officially unlocked ICS bootloader (unlock code from Huawei).

If I flash this in CWM then the 2030 baseband patch zip will it mess up the ICS bootloader?

Also is there any difference in performance when running on 2030 baseband compared to GB baseband?

Edited by Guest

Guest kyan31
I'm currently running Stock+ R6 (2030 baseband) with an officially unlocked ICS bootloader (unlock code from Huawei).

If I flash this in CWM then the 2030 baseband patch zip will it mess up the ICS bootloader?

Also is there any difference in performance when running on 2030 baseband compared to GB baseband?

To put it plain and simple, it won't mess up anything and you shouldn't notice any performance issues whatsoever :)

Guest tillaz

no,

i personally have no idea, but wouldn't think so

Thanks for the answers Kyan and Tillaz. I've been finding ICS and JB based ROMs a bit sluggish lately so I thought I'd give GB another go.

Cheers!

EDIT: Just wiped the caches in CWM and Stock+ is flying again. Think I'll hold off GB for a little longer yet.

Edited by Guest

Guest TangerineTractor

Unlocked, wiped, reflashed, relocked. Running sweet. Nice update. Nothing major, but running beautifully.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Naikkon

this is GB rom or ICS ?

i got CM 10.1 and i realy whant to go back to stock GB this rom can help me ?!

if i instal atomcmod cand i go back to stock GB

Edited by Naikkon

Guest kyan31
this is GB rom or ICS ?

i got CM 10.1 and i realy whant to go back to stock GB this rom can help me ?!

if i instal atomcmod cand i go back to stock GB

Its GB.

Just to confirm this, this rom and the patch for 2030 users, it doesn't mess up the baseband right? Which means that to install an ICS rom, I can just flash it via CWM like usual without any other precautions? I already bricked two G300s while messing with GB to ICS and vice versa, which fortunately happened in the 2 weeks period I had to return the phone after purchase if something was wrong, but I've had it for 7 months now so bricking this one means buying a new one, and don't really wanna risk it.

Guest kyan31
Just to confirm this, this rom and the patch for 2030 users, it doesn't mess up the baseband right? Which means that to install an ICS rom, I can just flash it via CWM like usual without any other precautions? I already bricked two G300s while messing with GB to ICS and vice versa, which fortunately happened in the 2 weeks period I had to return the phone after purchase if something was wrong, but I've had it for 7 months now so bricking this one means buying a new one, and don't really wanna risk it.

This won't affect the baseband at all, it should be risk free.

Guest kyan31
ok so if i install this rom ill go gack to stock GB ?

if i whant to put custom roms on my fresh GB i will can

This ROM is not stock GB, read the opening post. It is a modified version of GB with new features and performance improvements. You will be able to flash new ROMs anytime after flashing this like normal, this is like any other ROM.

This won't affect the baseband at all, it should be risk free.

Eh, thanks. Funny that shortly after posting this, I found those miraculous baseband upgrade/downgrade flashable CWM files so it's kinda a moot point, but I'm glad I'm running this ROM, it's butter smooth and fast! Would love to get the stock GB too...