Any Overclock for G300?

Guest saiem1

Guest saiem1

Has any one overclocked g300?

Is there ever going to be a overclock for g300?

My g300 is not that smooth thats why i want over clock.

Apps like templerun stutter at some points.

I need overclock so much if any one finds one can you tell me.

Thanks

How long is a piece of string..........

Surely it will come,but not until a kernel dev buys a g300 or one from another device lends a helping hand.I have asked two kernel devs,but no luck yet.

Guest Davidoff59

I think it will be in the ligux v4 rom that we will see overclocking first as that team are adding governers to the kernel. At least that's what it looked like to me.

Guest Nesli

Any news with overclocking our G300 ? It is few weeks we have kernel source and OC should be really great, laggy web scrolling really drives me mad ;)

Guest Dazzozo

I think I've successfully overclocked it to 1.2 GHz. No reason we can't go higher, though. I'm running a Quadrant bench on CM9 right now.

Guest FrankieADZ

I think I've successfully overclocked it to 1.2 GHz. No reason we can't go higher, though. I'm running a Quadrant bench on CM9 right now.

nice work :)

My savior :D shame I got to wait till friday for my g300 to come back from repairs :(

Is it stable at 1.2 ?

Guest FrankieADZ

Guess i`ll have something to *tear* me away from soaps on the telly this evening if you manage to get CM9 out.

"soap" :blink: Oh my days lol.

Guest anything-but

Like i need an excuse to not be in the vicinity of the telly when the other half has `em on! lol

Still,looking forward to testing the new rom out when it`s here.

Guest Davidoff59

Dazzozo, what was that comment on twitter that said the g300 didn't like overclocking?

I may have got my wires crossed so please clarify.

Guest Dazzozo

The situation is pretty difficult to explain, but don't take my tweet too literally. That was nearly a week ago when I first looked in to it. The phone can probably handle overclocking, it's just figuring out the best setup.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sonny Atwal

any updates for this? i think the cpu comes underclocked to begin with, and i notice the back cover has some sort of thing attached to it to spread the heat from the battery

Guest Davidoff59

I saw a github last night with overclock kernel being compiled for Gingerbread. Dazzozo was also working on it. Look at the last page if the cm9 thread. No kernel has been released yet though