[ROM] B882 voda uk based for B888, B894, B895 that used UPDATE.APP

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Guest Gary_J_Wright

See this link below it is a better way than the zip

http://www.modaco.com/topic/355556-guide-change-to-any-g300u8815u8818-rom-via-boot-loader-version-bypass-hack/

This is a rom that is based on original b882 vodafone UK version this is a work in progress feel free to mod it

• it can be used with the roms that have partitions changed by update.app (i.e B888, b894, b895)
  • it is from B882 build, my CWM original b882 backup system folder is b882, build prop etc etc
  • flash via zip in clockwork mod - you must have pre installed
  • it REMOVES root and clockwork mods etc - back to standard boot.img and recovery.img these are original unmodified B882 boot and recovery images
  • most uk voda apps installed - use vodafone update to install my vodafone and my travel and update voda apps once loaded
  • vodafone apn setting need adding to get mobile data working
  • missing the powerbar /toggle notification
  • Rom is NOT Rooted

This is just a quick hacked together version to give people a base to play with

https://rapidshare.c...VODAUK_B882.zip

remember it de-roots and de-clockwork mods your phone back to standard boot and recovery. IF you want to reinstall any further ROMS, you must install Clockwork mod again.

the idea of this rom is to LOOK like the original B882 rom for returning phone IF YOU CANT FLASH THE B882 UPDATE.APP

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest Gary_J_Wright

its really a hacked together version of other peoples work and my CWM backup, needs further testing improvement..... just someone asked me via pm to do this and it was simpler for me to make it than explain how to do it!

Guest FrankieADZ

its really a hacked together version of other peoples work and my CWM backup, needs further testing improvement..... just someone asked me via pm to do this and it was simpler for me to make it than explain how to do it!

well it will certainly help if people have a problem and need to exchange it :)

Guest Davidoff59

Would the b885 update be a better starting point as when returning a phone, they will probably ask if it has been updated to B885?

Anything over a certain period and the phone will be returned to a service centre where it will be found that the phone has been tampered with. I think if I was past that stage, I would brick the phone to ensure I got a replacement. Make it so it wont boot and they prob will just replace it I would imagine.

Still its good for anyone still within that return period that has been flashing other rom builds where Vodafone will issue a refund.

Guest pelago

Would the b885 update be a better starting point as when returning a phone, they will probably ask if it has been updated to B885?

Will this ROM do the normal OTA upgrade to B885?

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Anything over a certain period and the phone will be returned to a service centre where it will be found that the phone has been tampered with. I think if I was past that stage, I would brick the phone to ensure I got a replacement. Make it so it wont boot and they prob will just replace it I would imagine.

Still its good for anyone still within that return period that has been flashing other rom builds where Vodafone will issue a refund.

Yes It would but I dont have a b885 cwm backup, so unless someone supplies a cwm backup of b885 I cant make it....

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Will this ROM do the normal OTA upgrade to B885?

No it wont because its a b882 made to work with B888> onwards partitions sizes

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Excellent work, I will test this later today.

Davidoff59, how could I make it not boot? I would go for that to be honest.

maybe a standard boot.img. and recovery.img with a empty system folder

Guest Davidoff59

I was thinking more along the lines of flashing something not meant for the phone to brick it.

I'm sure there is a adb command that deletes everything off the phone also.

Guest Gary_J_Wright

I tried flashing u8812 ics update.app it just fails to flash - so to brick it simply without adb involvement , it will make a test empty rom and hopefully it will boot loop over and over,

Guest runlevel5

it works ( the BRICKING rom!!) it just hangs on the huawei clamshell logo , basically its contans this

• standard B882 boot.img
  • standard B882 recovery.img
  • EMPTY /system folder
  • META-INF, that formats data, cache, custom & system folders, then writes a empty /system folder and prompts to reboot

it is REVERSIBLE too.... by BOOTLOADER mode - install clockworkmod - and install (your choice) of custom rom

IF requested I will email this zip But you use it AT OWN RISK - im out tonight until 11pm ish so no replys until tomorrow

Nice work :) Have a good night out

Guest Maximus9

This is a life saver for people like me that had to return their phones. Will keep updated if anyone interested in what vodafone said and done.

Thank you!

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Are you sure voda would accept this and would I beable to restore in clockwork?

No Idea as i havent tried to return to vodafone , Its installed via CWM and i have then reloaded CWM again when phone stuck on logo and then installed another custom rom - booted fine

BUT you do this FULLY at OWN RISK

Edited by Gary_J_Wright