Poor Internet Connectivity

Guest kyan31

Guest kyan31

When using my G300, my internet cuts out randomly, for half a second or so, making browsing the internet like hell. I do not know what is causing these cut-outs but maybe you guys know.

I am using advanced task killer but i have all the vital proccesses on whitelist, and auto kill off. I also have a data manager program which keeps track of my data usage. I am running B885 stock and I am unlocked on T-mobile. I get 3-4 bars signal all the time and HSPDA to 3G constantly. I am also using Dolphin browser rather than stock. I have auto sync off but 'always on data' on.

Thanks, please reply if you can :D

Edited by kyan31

Guest Tanner23

Does the signal bar also change colour from green to white and then back again? If so I had a similar problem. All I had to do was go into the apn settings and set the ip version to ipv4 only. Hopefully this helps.

Edited by Tanner23

• 1 month later...
Guest Hoggonator

Sorry to bump this thread.

I am on stock OTA upgrade 892 and the only mods is I rooted it so that I could use Titanium backup to backup the VF bloat and then remove it. Running on GiffGaff and I set the settings for this via Google Play and GiffGaffAPN.

I am noticing that the signal and the data icons on the phone go from green to white now and again so I have no data or signal. The signal does not drop the bars just turns to white.

Anyone else suffering from this?

APN settings IP is set to IPv4, no Juicedefender or similar apps are running.

Guest Hogweed

Since switching to gifgaff from Vodafone I have noticed two things.,

1) Internet is now much, much cheaper

2) Internet is now much, much, much less reliable

I did some tests with a friend on O2 (Samsung Galaxy S2) and he suffered the same problems at the same times. Frequently 3G appears to be up but no data flows. Forcing the phone back to 2G only gets a data connection at these times but at only a few bytes per second averaged out (yes really) probably because most of the phones in the cell are also trying to fall back to 2G completely overloading the system.

I've also done a few tests with an Orange SIM and that seems much better. I am now contemplating dropping giffgaff and trying out the 1 GB on Vectone for a fiver deal as Vectone use Orange/T-Mobile networks.

I use my G300 a lot to listen to Internet radio and watch live streams and that eats bandwidth but I can probably restrict myself to 1Gb a month without too much trouble as most of the time I am on wifi.

I am sure some areas have better coverage than others but overall I am very unimpressed with the underlying O2 network.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest tillaz

Since switching to gifgaff from Vodafone I have noticed two things.,

1) Internet is now much, much cheaper

2) Internet is now much, much, much less reliable

I did some tests with a friend on O2 (Samsung Galaxy S2) and he suffered the same problems at the same times. Frequently 3G appears to be up but no data flows. Forcing the phone back to 2G only gets a data connection at these times but at only a few bytes per second (yes really) probably because most of the phones in the cell are also trying to fall back to 2G completely overloading the system.

I've also done a few tests with an Orange SIM and that seems much better. I am now contemplating dropping giffgaff and trying out the 1 GB on Vectone for a fiver deal as Vectone use Orange/T-Mobile networks.

I use my G300 a lot to listen to radio and watch live streams and that eats bandwidth but I can probably restrict myself to 1Gb a month without too much trouble as most of the time I am on wifi.

i always had this trouble with o2,

that's why i changed to t-mobile £5 for unlimited internet...

super fast and always full signal on hspa

lol, i use over 30GB of data every month all for £5, cant go wrong really